Friday August 3 Discussion: Cards let-down angle in play again

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Dodgers/Astros begin series

Nats stay hot? / Reds stay cold?

Yanks avenge bad opening loss? (Deja Vu)

Archer first start for upstart Pirates. My favorite angle is in play. Fading Cards/Cards run total after highly dramatic win

Looking like Boston massacre redux

No way I see momentum changing

Severino off gigantic loss and pitching more pedestrian as of late

can you imagine how absolutely insane it would be if Severino pitched 7 innings of shutout ball? Wind is blowing out hard again.

Padres 2-8 last 10
Cubs scuffling, brewers on brutal west coast hanging
Its kind of like Quintana, you better freaking start dealing, like today or fu, haha

Cubs place Duensing on the DL and the entire north side of Chicago breathes a sigh of relief.

the Cubs struggle with lefthanders that throw a lot of off speed junk. They were so flat last night and wasted a nice start by Montgomery.

I want to bet them haha

Cubs place Duensing on the DL and the entire north side of Chicago breathes a sigh of relief.

the Cubs struggle with lefthanders that throw a lot of off speed junk. They were so flat last night and wasted a nice start by Montgomery.

I want to bet them haha

Cubbies more or under more? I only see -9 -120 with my local

Honestly I cannnot figure out for the life of me why Vegas is setting Quintana at this price. This could be one of the worst lines I’ve seen this year.

I want to bet Cubs for no other reason but I think they are going to win because Im in degenerate mode. Peel, do you mean that Quintana line is so bogus /undeserving?

both of the starters in chicago stink. i see a 1 run game here and i cant lay 220..going to be a pass for me

Can’t remember off top of my head but I think pods really struggle in gm 2 of a series

Pads actually best game in Gm 2(19-16) and they are 18-10 in Gm 2 after losing 1st

20143113-cd76-4f40-b06a-32eabe8e3150.png

Same here lol it’s like what kinda sorcery is you tryna to pull
i hate rizzo in leadoff spot.

I think I've posted this before but while unconventional Rizzo is an exceptional lead off hitter historically. Maybe he comes back down to earth but it's lasted for a good while now.

c3defaf1b87623d8c609779a23bf5d3b.png

To add, ever since we didn't resign Fowler, we've had huge problems in the lead off spot. Maddon has tried just about everything.

Last edited:
I think I've posted this before but while unconventional Rizzo is an exceptional lead off hitter historically. Maybe he comes back down to earth but it's lasted for a good while now.

View attachment 33935

To add, ever since we didn't resign Fowler, we've had huge problems in the lead off spot. Maddon has tried just about everything.

Please take back Fowler

I would love for Archer to be great with Pirates. Idk but I hope.

I think cards can get him gone by 5th inning in this one. I like new manager so much I’m not into them letting down here, I don’t trust gant but I know we have those young guns waiting and not hesitant to pull starter when things look sketchy. They being so aggressive too which I think could be tough for archer in debut. Letdown angle or not it too pricey to play pit here imo. Either cards or pass at this price. Get archer out (he not all that efficient when he not overly excited like he could very well be here) and think cards can beat buccos pen.

I really like doyers this series so gonna take them here at the short price and just chase away if they lose. They starting to click and stros down right now, seems like a great spot for WS revenge to me.

Over in milw looks good to me. Don’t like brew crew starter all that much. Rox pen will be had by brewers newly stacked lineup:

Smaller over in Washington. Think reds can hit gio who hasn’t been particularly good. Nats bats have woken up and reds starter kinda struggling as well, once he gone reds pen be in trouble.

Rays -210? Wow.

I thought same bout rangers being over -150 even if against lowly O’s. Not that im betting O’s (havnt don’t that foolishness since early May! Lol). But pretty crazy line w 2 shitbag teams both sending out pitchers I never heard of!! Lol

FWIW, I was on the Rangers last night -140 lol...

It just not in my nature to lay much of any juice in this sport. Occasionally I will put some favs in parlays but for most part i just can’t hit the percentage it takes to profit on favs over the -120ish mark, while I’m pretty confident w my ability to hang right around 50% (sometimes better) with dogs and plus money totals. Certainly not saying my way better than anyone else’s, just what has worked best for me over the years.

Hindsight from my thoughts on this cards/bucs game is why the hell didn’t I look into over more? Guess I was hypnotized by that fat plus money in a game I thought we could score some runs! Lol

archer with something to prove...he may prove it

I think he will be better in pit, just thought this would be a game he tried too hard so his pitch count would be high quick. We actually got more runs than I expected but ultimately my goal was to be on +145ish in a game that would be decided by pens. Win or lose got what I wanted, now cards just have to win the pen battle!!

Anyone with any thoughts on the other late games? Kinda seems like there potential for lot of runs in Oakland.

Back