Friday 9:00 PM EST ESPN: Boise at Hawaii

Hawaiiguy

Big Kahuna
Notes:
Just to clarify: If every year a guy came over to you and proceeded to beat the shit out of you, and stole your girlfriend…. You would be the guy’s bitch.

There is NO rivalry between Hawaii and Boise contrary to what people in Hawaii say. Hawaii is Boise’s bitch and loses the WAC Title to them EVERY year since Boise came into the WAC.

Over a year ago in my 10/31/2006 post, I predicted Hawaii would be fighting for the BCS: “Bookmark this so you can come back next year and laugh at me when I am way off base……but Hawaii will finish this season as a Top 25 Team. Next year, Hawaii will be a pre-season Top 25 with a Top 5 Heisman Candidate. Hawaii returns almost its entire defense, all of its receivers, and a very deep offensive line. Hawaii catches Fresno and Boise at Home and has an easy schedule…….Hawaii will run the table like Boise this year and make waves in the BCS”

- In the first two minutes of last year’s game, Boise went up 15-0. For the next 58 minutes, Hawaii, outgained, out first downed, and outscored Boise. Hawaii came up short on the final drive of the game.

- Not a quality game being this is the W(eak) A(ss) C(onference)? How about a combined 40 wins in two years and 14 NFLers from last year’s squad? Sounds pretty good to me….

- Except when #4 BYU and Heisman Ty Detmer came to Hawaii, there has never been a bigger game in Hawaii….The game was sold out long ago, and the state is going berserk for this game……..

My Pick and Reasons Why:

As noted awhile ago:

GOY Line Boise +8 500 to win 454.55

This is one bet, I would LOVE to lose, and to lose badly…….

Hawaii has always had the more talented players than Boise (just count the number of NFL players from each team the last 5 years). No different this year.

However, Boise has always been the BETTER team……

I think Boise will win this outright………

I will either be dancing in the streets if I am wrong, or crying but with another 500 bucks in my pocket…..

This is going to be a great game fellas……I don’t care if you hate the WAC, Boise or Hawaii…..be a football purist and enjoy this…..

Good luck in whatever you play……:seeya:

Excellent. I favor Boise as well so far but of course what a sexy line you got awhile back.

Thanks, HG. Confirms my thoughts and I already took Boise +4'. 8 would have been so very nice.

Am I an idiot for swaying towards Hawaii HG? I hate going agiasnt you on this one, but that number is getting shorter by the day and the HF advantage is huge imo.

i like boise a bit here too. my real concern is that hawaii has had 3 months to prepare for this game.

HIGuy: I'm not sure I'll bet this gm but I was hoping you would be on HI here b/c that's how I lean purely b/c of the home field advantage. Prolly a no bet for me with you on the other side and based on the line movement it tells me there has been some early money bet on Boise that the books respect.:shake:

who is boise?

I realize Hawaii has not played anyone this year but what about Boise? what have they done!! They should of lost to La tech-who went up and down the field on them!! they gave up 700 yds to Nevada!! The only decent team they played was Washington and they lost!! I just feel that this is the biggest game in the history of the school and Hawaii is the better team!!
Boise is weak this year IMO
Hawaii 45 -24:cheers:

This is my first real post on this forum. I come from the place where 20,000 posts means you can belittle newbies. I think we all know what place that is.

Anyway I am a Fresno St Alum. I know these teams well. Hawaii @ home is a tough one. I do not think Hawaii will be able to stop this running game. Which means points for Boise and fewer possessions for Hawaii.

My prediction Boise by 10, leaning under, and 15 people from Boise get thrashed in the stands during the 4th quarter. GL

This is my first real post on this forum. I come from the place where 20,000 posts means you can belittle newbies. I think we all know what place that is.

Anyway I am a Fresno St Alum. I know these teams well. Hawaii @ home is a tough one. I do not think Hawaii will be able to stop this running game. Which means points for Boise and fewer possessions for Hawaii.

My prediction Boise by 10, leaning under, and 15 people from Boise get thrashed in the stands during the 4th quarter. GL

Welcome to the forum FA, always good to have guys on board who are about grown up relevant discussion that is pertinent to the games at hand, and not childish games like over at kids world. Best of luck to ya this weekend.

this is the shirt ill be wearing at the game. :smiley_acbe:

Right now in Honolulu it's overcast and the winds are low.

This is definitely one of the biggest games for us people living in Hawaii. I see this game as a no play either way as I see numerous angles although if I had a line of Boise +8 sadly I would have to play it as well. Really hope our boys can come through tonight, GL all.

Hawaiiguy, I enjoy your write ups on this team and really appreciate the info. I have had a very rough week in the NCAAF and another 100 lost wont mean squat to me tonight so in your honor I will place my bet with Boise in hopes that the fade works and your team wins. Really, If I play Boise Hawaii will win. This is a one time deal. Im not really that bad so dont get used to fading me. :36_11_6: My line is not as good as yours since Im only getting 2 1/2. Worth a shot. :cheers:

malapeet......fucking hilarious!!!!!!!!

spanish....thanks man....I got Boise too.....so lets get a two point win by Hawaii to make us both happy...:36_11_6:

I jumped on the Rainbows. Hopefully The Bows win between 3-7 so we both win and Hawaii wins outright.
:cheers:

Reality is i should hedge.....but +8 and hedging that would be like splitting 10's, why make a good bet with value and then make it worse?

At +8 i feel comfortable that Hawaii must be laying a woodshed beating and on the way to the BCS...I would be VERY happy with that.

I wish I had a lean on this. Early I liked Boise +5.5, but w/ the line move and the energy Hawaii should have tonight I just cant go against them.

Buck Foise

Congratulations HG !!!
What An Incredible Performance By The Hawaii "d"

:smiley_acbe:Hawaii Wac Champions 2007:smiley_acbe:

Back