Friday 11.15

MoneyStacks

Pretty much a regular
sides: 3-1
totals: 0-0

Blues -140 at Blue Jackets

Blues 7-2-1 on the road. 8-1-1 last 10 (L1)
CBJ 5-3-2 at home, 3-5-2 last 10 (L2)

Blues last game Tuesday vs Coytoes, next game Saturday at home vs Ducks
CBJ last game Tuesday at Canadians, next game Tuesday vs Canadians

CBJ first game back after a 3 game road trip.

CBJ averaging league fewest 2.33 goals/game

I have a feeling Jake Allen will start for the Blues. He is 3-0 this year on the road with a .895/2.97. Those numbers dont blow me away but still like him in this spot here.

I'm still confused at the Blues style of play this past Tuesday vs Arizona. They got out to a lead early, but got away from what they do best; forechecking & relentless pressure. Too many turnovers even in their own zone. The failed attempt to clear the puck by Perron lead to the first Coyotes goal. The Blues consistently tried no look backhands and nobody wanted to shoot. Wayyyy too much passing which then lead to turnovers.

We all knew that when Tarasenko went down that scoring was an issue. The organization has finally recognized this and called up Klim Kostim for some added scoring punch. Team said they aren't rushing him to put him into the lineup but man oh man does he look ready.

I feel like this is the type of game that they would win easily last year. After failing to get 2 points at home they go on the road and dominate from start to finish. I expect them to score first and bring back the relentless pressure that makes them so tough to play against.

Last edited:
Great read thanks.

Do you still lean under?

I keep seeing a 4-1 Blues victory.
2-0 after 1st, 3-1 after 2nd, and adding a late one in the 3rd.

I think the Blues throw tons of shots at the net tonight, but they lack multiple snipers on the team. Rebounds and put-backs is their style. Perron has been good since Tarasenko went down but there's nobody else that I feel like can snipe one into the back of the net in open space. They need Sammy Blais to take the leap and Kostim will help (but who knows when he will play).

In contrast, the Blackhawks have 4 young guys that can score with the best of them (DeBrincat, Gustaffson, Nylander, & Strome). The game they had at Vegas was eye-opening. Those kids know how to shoot a puck. The Blues don't have that.

Blues D will be smothering tonight and see them taking chances defensively with CBJ not posing a threat offensively.

5 second reaction: WHAT TEAM IS THIS?

Allen played great between the pipes. Made some really big saves. CBJ pestered him with shots all night.

Berube shooked up the lines again, Perron-R.O.R.-Sanford on the top line. Its crazy this line didnt squeeze one past. They had everything going. Pressure, puck possession, passing, but couldnt find the back of the net.

You can tell this team is frustrated. They are all looking for someone else to step up and make a play. They still have stretches of great hockey but they cant sustain it. They are still making turnovers in their own end; continuously.

CBJ played like the Blues used to. Consistent forecheck and getting pucks to the net.

This game was the 9th or 10th OT game for the Blues already. UMMMM WHAT?!

Robert Thomas and Sammy Blais havent made the leap i think the majority of people thought they would.

The Blues again, for the 2nd straight game got a 2 minute penalty for too many men on the ice...IN OT!!

The Blues aren't getting good scoring chances. Maybe the unders are the play moving forward.

Back