FRIDAY 11:00 PM EST ESPN GAME: Hawaii at Nevada.....

Hawaiiguy

Big Kahuna
Notes:

CAP for yourself, and make the play for yourself…….Don't follow any internet capper blindly. If my information helps you by riding of fading, great.

This is my 6th season of posting Hawaii Basketball, Football, and related WAC plays here on Covers. My Covers 6 year POSTED record is there in CBB, my football record is a winning one as any veteran here can attest.

So idiot newbies who spring up every year, don’t come in my thread in the 1st quarter and start bashing my pick because you THINK you lost your $10 allowance for the week….btw, if you were wondering: 4-2 (5-2 with Pinnacle / Underground line for Northern Colorado game) +2,000ish on the year.

I am capping this game, assuming Brennan is OUT. There is still very small chance he may play.

- The HOME TEAM has never lost in this series. Nevada is 3-0 at Home vs Hawaii. Hawaii 4-0 at Home.

- Nevada is off a BYE week. They have had two weeks to prepare for their biggest game of the year.

- Besides the obvious injury to Brennan. Hawaii is bruised, battered and tired off their Rivalry game with Fresno. Short week and travel for Hawaii.

- Hawaii has won 10 straight, 19 of 20, and 7 straight on the road.

- Nevada QB Kaepernick is the REAL DEAL and is going to terrorize the WAC for years to come. Nevada is 3-1 since he got the start, the lone loss being a thriller at Boise 67-69. Kaepernick has a cannon for an arm (pro pitcher), and runs a 4.5 40 with his long 6ft 6 in strides.

- Pre - Brennan era Starting QB, Tyler Graunke probably starts for Hawaii. Graunke holds most Arizona High School passing records. All around douche bag and thug, he will lead Hawaii to some entertaining altercations. Graunke is highly emotional, once he settles into a game, he is VERY good, until then, he is error prone. Graunke is an excellent scrambler and is not afraid to leave the pocket.

- The weather forecast for Friday, is a low of 39 degrees, with some chance of rain. Note Hawaii has done well in their last three cold weather games, covering the spread in all. Hawaii is also loaded with mainland kids and JUCO transfers from cold weather schools.

- Any one notice Hawaii has stolen the Pistol Formation from Nevada? The RB is lining up behind the QB and with great success…..

My Pick and Reasons Why:

As noted and posted a couple weeks ago:

GOY line: Hawaii -4 500 to win 454.55

- Obviously, I don’t feel as good about this bet with Brennan probably being out.

- However, Brennan being out may be a blessing in disguise. I think Hawaii will step up and rally around punchy Graunke.

- You guys saw Hawaii rush defense on ESPN. The 8 man rotation of Samoans is fierce, forcing 5 Fresno fumbles and knocking the crap out of them. Nevada is a predominantly run team.

- I said this last year about Nevada: NFL QB, Great Coach, Division II Talent and slow as shit. Same as this year: Great QB, Great Coach, overall talent is poor and slow as shit.

- Whereas Boise got shocked not seeing Nevada QB Kaepernick, Hawaii now has tons of film on him. I have faded Nevada 3 times since the Boise game and won all three. Once you have film on a guy, it is much easier to stop. Not sure if Hawaii LB corp can catch him, but if they do, they will break him in half. Kaepernick will not see a more hard hitting and better LB corp and 8 angry samoans than Hawaii.

When the actual line comes out, will post a possible play and possible a hedge against my pre-season bet…..I gotta admit: ALL SIGNS POINT TO NEVADA OUTRIGHT.
:whip:

HG - You're dead on about Kaepernick. I've seen him play twice since he took over the reigns, and that kid has loads of talent.

HG: I really hope Brennan's not done for a long period of time, b/c I believe UH deserves a shot to play in a big bowl, and I would hate to see him not get the record b/c of injury when he was sooooo close. I enjoy watching them play.

Good stuff, as always. Good luck with whatever you decide to play.

HG:
Thanks again for the write up. I'm glad you're leaning the way you are; fits my system, so far...not that I'd go against you on your team's play. You know what you're doing with Hawaii, and I'd like to see more from the teams you follow out there. I've sucked for the most part with FSU this year...something like 4-2-1 (only because I was gone for the UM game and didn't have the account loaded for Clemson...things would be worse). I need to be a bit more objective about it. This is the first week I would actually go against FSU (for now). Anyway, when will we get a line on the Hawaii/Nevada game?

Also, awesome game to watch last Saturday/Sunday AM. They really need to show the games more often. Hawaii's defense is nasty. Missed the in-game thread, but enjoyed the pass attack and playstation jukes live.

I can give no intangible reason to play Hawaii.....

Everyone knows the short week, versus bye week, cold, road trip, boise next etc......

I will just stand by my orignal assessment when i placed this bet. Hawaii is way better at every single position.....

Kaepernick has not faced a defense even close to the quality of Hawaii or as hard hitting......Hawaii will force this kid to throw and blitz like hell and put 8 men in the box.....

The Texas Secondary for Hawaii will get a couple picks.....

I stand by my pick Hawaii -4 500 to win 454.55

The worst thing that could have happened to Nevada is Brennan getting popped..... it has galvanized this team around him....

OPINION that Hawaii WILL cover the new spread.....

41-23 sounds about right to me

Good luck in whatever you play....:prayer

your the man hawaii guy, and i totally agree with you on this game.

HI Guy: I think this will be a first for me but I'm on the other side heavy. Maybe we'll both win b/c I've got one bet down at +8 and another at +7.

Good stuff Hawaiiguy. Good Luck to us. :cheers: I hope I can stay awake for this one. Already started the coffee drinking. haha :drink:

Haw going back to the island with the "L" tonight :) If they win, it would be by 2 at most. Ugly game, Under for sure. We shall wait and see, it should officially over by TOMORROW lol 1 am ET.
If I'm happen to be right, then those ppl who picked HAW, plz do not come back in here and whine about how BRENNAN is not 100% or reinjure like DIXON last night ok?
I love to see HAW win, but don't think they can. ( not tonight)

How did Hawaii lose this cover HG? I sit here still, after sleeping it off wondering...

Sure, they won...and that's good for them and all...but they really should've beat this Hawaii team by 10+

Tough loss for me, you, whoever was on them

And FYI, we were on the right side, no doubt about it...which makes it even tougher to stomach...they opened at -14 with the though of Brennan playing...the QB wasn't 9 points worse

Back