French Open

Toronto_Mike

Scent of a Woman
Time to play, wanted to see whos' who in the field as the first few rounds can be a bit tricky.
Women's side, it's quite obvious this is Serena and Sharapova's tournament, there are no other women in the field that are remotely close to playing at their level.
I would say even if Serena and Sharapova meet in the final, you can all but guarantee Serena to be quite a massive favourite. Most of the entertainment from the women's side will definitely come from the lower ranked seeds. Azarenka, Radwanska, Kvitova aren't really well off on clay, infact in the top 10 there really isn't anyone who is an exceptional clay court player so thus this is why you will see a bit of weird types of play.
I'm focused more on players who have better footwork and a better return game.

Jelena Jankovic ML @ 2.12 (5u)
Schiavone/Bartoli o21 @ 1.91 (2u)
Haas/Isner o41 @ 2.00 (3u)
Janowicz +5 @ 1.90 (2u)
Djokovic/Dimitrov o33.5 @ 1.94 (2u)

well Schiavone has Bartoli's number that's for sure, thought the French woman would at least put up a fight but this is an absolute cake walk

best of luck Mike. I lean the other side in the Jankovic match. Court speeds favor Stosur here, despite H2H record - imo. But, you have seen how I have been running, so good luck.

Kvitova what a joke, good job Jamie Hampton.

Yah Stan definitely loves clay but Janowicz and Dimitrov are guys that I find are going to be making big moves this year!

No kidding with Isner match.

Stosur doing her thing for you. Collapsing into a shell, full of errors.

not going to lie, i got the lap top out so i could watch two matches at once and it's not enough. jankovic, isner, wawrinka all phenominal matches

theres your break Mike, just gotta serve it out now.

stosur's game seems to just wilt with pressure now. that home soil stuff may have perma damaged her.

2-3 +2.6

Sharapova to reach the Finals? Yes @ 2.00 (5u)
as mentioned in other threads, this is going to most likely be a Sharapova/Serena finals, really no players outside of these two pose to much of a huge threat.

Will Federer reach the Finals? Yes @ 2.09 (3u)
Joker and Rafa are on course to meet each other in the Semi's, Fed pretty much has destiny in his own hands. Tsonga is potentially the only danger he faces, but so far he's look extremely calm this tourney.

Will Ferrer reach the Finals? Yes @ 3.08 (1u)
only using this as a back up to the wager above.

Sunday:
Radwanska/Ivanovic o22 @ 2.02 (2u)
David Ferrer -6.5 @ 1.95 (2u)
Serena Williams -8 @ 2.23 (2u)

Thanks horsy, we're off to a good start this morning. Hope that over cashes for both of us.
Serena just using Vinci as toilet paper to clean her ass.

1-1-1 lol
Ivanovic just was nothing to Radwanska

Errani had a gutsy (literally) performance. She had a bit of an abdominal/rib issue in the first set, was in quite a bit of discomfort and was immediately broken. Kudos to her for being able to fight it out.

I was in zzz-land for the late matches, TM. How bad was that injury? Have to favour Radwanska if it's in any way serious.

I was in zzz-land for the late matches, TM. How bad was that injury? Have to favour Radwanska if it's in any way serious.

it wasn't a stomach cramp, it wasn't a muscle issue, she was saying it was more internal. Something she said she has never had, she had 2 stoppages.
I do think the Pole will clean her up, I think Navarro's lack of experience was the defining factor.

Maria Kirilenko -2.5 @ 1.91 (2u)
Maria Sharapova -6.5 @ 2.08 (2u)
Wawa/Gasquet o41 @ 1.88 (3u)
Kuznetsova and Pennetta -1.5 @ 2.33 (2u)

Not saying his can outdue serena's power, but she is able to make her move a bit and keep a rally going, good for her,

freaking radwanska missed a few break points unfortunately :/, and errani capitalized on more of her less chances

I know Betcrimes had mentioned about potentailly fading the Pole this round but it seemed Errani's gutsy performances vs Navarro has continued on. These Italian women are something else on clay!

Errani is probably going to lose but she will be a tough nut to crack for Serena.
I don't know if I should hedge my Sharapova prop vs Azarenka.

Errani +6.5 @ 2.08 (3u)

That Serena match was devasting. Serena at the peak of her powers there. Any way pova can stop that freight train?

That Serena match was devasting. Serena at the peak of her powers there. Any way pova can stop that freight train?

Depends on weather, if it's pretty windy then Sharapova has a chance.
There's always a chance, weather or not Serena just is lights out is another.
The way I will cap that game is based on each players skill set, not fading another player. Both have demonstrated superiority in all their opponents but have had one game where it looked a bit iffy. Serena is an extremely emotional player and if Sharapova can frustrate her then there is a game.

I do honestly think this is Serena's tournament to lose, she has dominated Sharapova in head to head meetings, most notably a few weeks back where Serena won in Madrid (Clay) 6-1 6-4. 11 straight wins vs Sharapova!

Serena Williams -5.5 @ 1.96 (10u)

I'm going big here, don't play 10u too often but this is a good spot for Serena. I was lucky enough to fade her vs Kuznetsova but then the next game she absolutely destroys Errani.
Serena and Maria are 1-2 but the class difference at this point in time is just ridiculous. I think Serena should play with men because right now it's unreal. I think she may go undefeated the rest of the year pending her enthusiasm.
This is the furthest Serena has been at the French since 2003 where she was a semi finalist. I won't be surprised if she ends up winning French, Wimbledon and US Open. She's on course to have an unbeaten Clay court season which is very hard to obtain in women's tennis.
I love Maria but she's only ranked no. 2 because well no one else comes close to no. 1 If Serena was out of the picture, the WTA would have more parity, but at this time it's quite clear that Serena is hard to beat.
Maria will have to make sure her service game is absolutely clean, I'm expecting for Maria to even stay close in this game, she has to win about 80%+ of her first serve points. Any lower than that she is riding pure luck in hopes that Serena makes mistakes.
I think this will be another quick final, similar result to Madrid.

Back