Northern Illinois +10.5 @ Florida State

Arizona @ Oregon State +7

Texas A&M @ Alabama -26

Saturday Evening Games:

Rice +14.5 (-120) @ Southern Miss *** Best Bet ***

East Carolina @ USF OVER 68 *** Best Bet ***

NC State -5 @ Marshall

Saturday Late Game:

Arizona State @ Washington UNDER 24.5 (1st Half)

peace.gif

There aren’t any college defenses equipped to dictate terms against Bama’s offense. There might be a handful of teams who could mayyyybe hang around and not give up 50, but Bama’s own worst enemy is going to be themselves this year.

People getting shocked at these early CFP lookahead lines and I find myself wondering who the hell is gonna put up 30+ to hang within 10-14 points against them.

There aren’t any college defenses equipped to dictate terms against Bama’s offense. There might be a handful of teams who could mayyyybe hang around and not give up 50, but Bama’s own worst enemy is going to be themselves this year.

People getting shocked at these early CFP lookahead lines and I find myself wondering who the hell is gonna put up 30+ to hang within 10-14 points against them.
Best college team we have seen in a long time and barring injury, the defense will just keep getting better.... so the team hasnt even peaked yet

Because I have had the benefit of seeing what Tua Tagovailoa does to the Alabama defense in practice, I posted before the season began that Alabama would make a complete mockery of college football with Tua under center, and that he would win the Heisman in a landslide. I don't think any of this is good for the college football brand, but as gamblers, we must deal with reality. Alabama -26 against a very solid Texas A&M team is a line that all of us, heretofor, would have considered to be completely ridiculous. And yet, if Saban will just play Tua, and stop coddling Hurts' feelings, they will again hit the 50 mark and cover the -26. The only teams that have any shot of giving Alabama a competitive game is Georgia, Clemson and Ohio State, and I really don't think those teams can stay within DD. Let's face it, Saban has essentially ruined college football.

Best college team we have seen in a long time and barring injury, the defense will just keep getting better.... so the team hasnt even peaked yet

The defense is the defense - just like it has been every season under Saban. The wild card is Alabama actually having an elite signal caller, and I don't even think Tua has played two quarters of football in any game this season. Tua is putting the games out-of-reach so quickly, he is being out-snapped by the 2nd and 3rd QBs. Alabama has always had the offensive weapons. They just have never had a QB that could take advantage of all of that talent. Much of it was squandered with poor to pedestrian QB play.

I'm not much of a futures better, but I was literally LOLing when I placed my max bets on Alabama to win the championship at 3 to 1, and Tua to win the Heisman at 14 to 1.

Last edited:
The powers that be contributed to this by letting bama get a rematch with lsu and then go to playoffs without winning their division. Bama makes the most if both opportunities and saban just keeps reaping the recruiting benefits

I personally think UGA the only team that has any realistic chance (realistic meaning >25%), but it’s certainly very early.

Ironically Michigan has the best defense equipped to actually compete with Bama imo, they just wouldn’t get 14 points on the board.

I personally think UGA the only team that has any realistic chance (realistic meaning >25%), but it’s certainly very early.

Ironically Michigan has the best defense equipped to actually compete with Bama imo, they just wouldn’t get 14hat can hold Bama's offense under 50eam t points on the board.

I agree. Outside of Tuscaloosa, UGA is the most complete team. Clemson's offense is not good enough to keep pace, and Ohio State's defense looks like swiss cheese. UGA may be the only defense that can hold Alabama's offense under 50 points.

I will add a side note. Alabama's defense getting regularly torched by Tua in practice has actually made them a much better defense. I think that's one of the main reason Alabama's defense has outperformed expectations thus far. They have certainly outperformed my expectations thus far.

Always good to see you Jimmy. You really feel Bama will cover that large of a spread vs a fairly solid aTm team? Just curious as you historically seem to have a really good feel for this team.

Always good to see you Jimmy. You really feel Bama will cover that large of a spread vs a fairly solid aTm team? Just curious as you historically seem to have a really good feel for this team.

All depends upon Saban. If he wants to score 50+ and cover the spread, then they will.

I feel Saban knows the spread. He must filter it to the boosters, b/c he really can do what he wants. If someone could get inside, we all could prosper. The score really could be named. Run it up with Tua. Slow it down with Hurts. He has a top 5 recruit at every position . Sad... best all around talent. And, literally could compete at a higher level.

jimmy bol i always like reading your posts really good work with writes ups picking most of the time winners

Wish we could get more out of you. You are a solid capper and could teach us all a few things. SEC is a difficult conference to figure out. You seem to have it on lock.

Back