Fran out at A&M

SHSUHorn

Thief
Not that this is a surprise to everyone but they are working on the buyout for the end of the year.

Pretty much everyone is saying it is a 99% done deal that Tuberville will be the next coach.

Tuberville need the money ???/ Why leave a good program for TAMU unless he needs the money , has tamu ties, or is just that mad at Auburn for how they treated him awhile back.

Wow. Confirmed now?

Not a surprise. Wonder if it makes a difference to the team for their last 2 games or if they have completely given up on him.

Pretty much everyone is saying it is a 99% done deal that Tuberville will be the next coach.

I'm wondering why Tuberville would take this job. At best, it seems like a lateral move, but I would consider Auburn a better football school so IMHO it is a backwards move for him. He seems to have gotten over the Auburn flirtation with Bobby Petrino some years ago.

I don't know man............ I'll believe this story about Tuberville taking over when I actually hear that he has signed on the dotted line

I will predict Price from utep

That is a great guess.

I will 2nd your prediction.

Price already coaching in the state making in-roads so recruiting should be easier for him. Also, he will bring a wide open spread offense that college football fans and recruits want.

Price seems like a very natural fit.

I never thought it would happen either because of the buyout but it looks like A&M doesn't care about money to make up for the Fran debacle.

Couple of reasons why Tuberville will leave Auburn:

1. A&M will throw alot of money at him. If they can steal Franchione from Alabama, then they sure as hell can steal Tuberville from Auburn.

2. They have some of the best facilities in the country.

3. Auburn rise to the bigtime national level was due to Bama on probation and the Shula years. With Saban now there he is getting his ass kicked in recruiting.

4. He was a defenisive coordinator there when people "used" to call them the Wrecking Crew.

5. Tuberville is still pissed about the Petrino situation. He's never forgiven the Auburn administration and the hot shot booster who tries to run the show at Auburn.

6. A&M is located in probably one of the best recruiting areas in the country. East Texas is where the best football is played in the state and Houston is right up the road from College Station. CS is still a shithole but distance from home is important to some recruits.

Just to give you an idea almost half of the starters for the Lognhorns MNC team were from this area.

A&M's good years during the 80s with Slocum was the result of owning this area plus bad coaches at UT & OU.

The arrival of Stoops, Brown, and even Saban to OU, UT, and LSU have sent A&M in a downward spiral because kids are picking those schools first now. Slocum then Fran started getting thier ass handed to them in recruiting.

Tuberville is going to have his hands full @ A&M IMO.

By the way I had this same conversation at covers years ago when I told everyone Fran would leave Bama to A&M.

Lot of SEC guys thumping their chest saying it won't happen.

It did.

By the way I had this same conversation at covers years ago when I told everyone Fran would leave Bama to A&M.

Lot of SEC guys thumping their chest saying it won't happen.

It did.

circumstances were alittle different since bama was staring into the teeth of probation......i put it at 70/30 that tubs stays and probably gets alittle pay raise.....if he leaves im sure bobby lowders jet will be on his way to the georgia dome to see petrino

Auburn is a great situation right now. We lose very few seniors this year and the only key players gone off this years team will be Cox and Groves. I think it will be difficult to walk away from this team that is set up to be very very good the next two years. Most of our two deep is made up of freshmen and sophmores. He has had three consecutive top 10 recruiting classes.

Tubs has a 6 million dollar buyout and already makes 2.8. Rumor is A@M will offer 3.5. Auburn is set to give Tubs a raise to 3.2. I'm not going to try to predict what he will do. No one knows.

circumstances were alittle different since bama was staring into the teeth of probation......i put it at 70/30 that tubs stays and probably gets alittle pay raise.....if he leaves im sure bobby lowders jet will be on his way to the georgia dome to see petrino

Auburn is a great situation right now. We lose very few seniors this year and the only key players gone off this years team will be Cox and Groves. I think it will be difficult to walk away from this team that is set up to be very very good the next two years. Most of our two deep is made up of freshmen and sophmores. He has had three consecutive top 10 recruiting classes.

Tubs has a 6 million dollar buyout and already makes 2.8. Rumor is A@M will offer 3.5. Auburn is set to give Tubs a raise to 3.2. I'm not going to try to predict what he will do. No one knows.

I hear ya. I think it would be a mistake as well for him to come to A&M because he will have a difficult time vs the big 3 of UT, OU, and LSU.

I know he's had 3 top 10 recruiting classes but that's about to end this year with Saban around. Last year Auburn reeled in 14 players 4 stars or better.

This year only 2 of thier 15 committs so far are 4 stars or better. He's getting killed by Saban.

As for Bama they already have 12 4 star or better committs.

Out of the top 14 players in the state of Alabama, 1 is committed to Fla, 5 are uncommitted, and the other 8 are all going to Bama. Auburn has none so far.

Of the 5 uncommitted includes one of the nations best Julio Jones, arguably the best prospect to come out of the state in years, I hear is going to probably attend Alabama.

Tuberville may be thinking he needs a change of scenery. If he goes I wonder what happens to his assts. I think he has one of the best staffs in the country.

I hear ya. I think it would be a mistake as well for him to come to A&M because he will have a difficult time vs the big 3 of UT, OU, and LSU.

I know he's had 3 top 10 recruiting classes but that's about to end this year with Saban around. Last year Auburn reeled in 14 players 4 stars or better.

This year only 2 of thier 15 committs so far are 4 stars or better. He's getting killed by Saban.

As for Bama they already have 12 4 star or better committs.

Out of the top 14 players in the state of Alabama, 1 is committed to Fla, 5 are uncommitted, and the other 8 are all going to Bama. Auburn has none so far.

Of the 5 uncommitted includes one of the nations best Julio Jones, arguably the best prospect to come out of the state in years, I hear is going to probably attend Alabama.

Tuberville may be thinking he needs a change of scenery. If he goes I wonder what happens to his assts. I think he has one of the best staffs in the country.

ummm...we have never owned the state of alabama in recruiting...never will....this state is 75% bama/25% auburn...we have always relied heavily on georgia and florida......none of bama's commits would have considered auburn in the first place (including julio)...we dont go head to head on many recruits at all

By the way, I hope you don't use rivals rankings because they have no relevance to me. I have seen many a time an auburn prospect commits to AU and he loses a star. He commits to Bama and he gains one. Little does everyone know is that the rivals CEO is an Alabama graduate.

Rivals had VY the #1 player in the country coming out of HS.

I've been sold ever since. j/k

In regards to the CEO of Rivals, Shannon Terry, he played college basketball at Lipscomb College in TN I thought. Not sure if you mean Bobby Burton but I don't know where he's from I think Houston, TX.

In all seriousness I know rankings are retarded whne judging recruits but with recruiting getting so much more interest and the use of internet the rankings are getting better and better.

Someone compared this last NFL draft with Rivals rankings and it was pretty damn good in projecting a kid from HS to the NFL.

In regards to recruiting the state I'm aware of Bama's dominance but I also know Auburn does get some great ones from the state (its only two Heisman winners Pat Sullivan & Bo Jackson, and Caddilac Williams etc.) as well.

In all honesty I beleive Tuberville is the worst case scenerio for us Longhorn fans and we'd prefer he'd stay at Auburn since Texas fans don't see anyone of a threat after him that Aggie could lure in. One thing I love about Tuberville is the guy has been awesome in his hirings of coordinators (Chizik, Muschamp, Borges, Petrino, etc).

Rivals had VY the #1 player in the country coming out of HS.

I've been sold ever since. j/k

In regards to the CEO of Rivals, Shannon Terry, he played college basketball at Lipscomb College in TN I thought. Not sure if you mean Bobby Burton but I don't know where he's from I think Houston, TX.

In all seriousness I know rankings are retarded whne judging recruits but with recruiting getting so much more interest and the use of internet the rankings are getting better and better.

Someone compared this last NFL draft with Rivals rankings and it was pretty damn good in projecting a kid from HS to the NFL.

In regards to recruiting the state I'm aware of Bama's dominance but I also know Auburn does get some great ones from the state (its only two Heisman winners Pat Sullivan & Bo Jackson, and Caddilac Williams etc.) as well.

In all honesty I beleive Tuberville is the worst case scenerio for us Longhorn fans and we'd prefer he'd stay at Auburn since Texas fans don't see anyone of a threat after him that Aggie could lure in. One thing I love about Tuberville is the guy has been awesome in his hirings of coordinators (Chizik, Muschamp, Borges, Petrino, etc).

They get most of the recruits right. They just seem to shave a star off Auburn guys here and there and add a star to bama guys. When you compare scout to rivals when dealing with auburn and alabama guys, it can tend to be pretty hilarious. Also, Alabama has either the most or second most subscribers in the rivals network, so it would be smart to cater to your audience.

They get most of the recruits right. They just seem to shave a star off Auburn guys here and there and add a star to bama guys. When you compare scout to rivals when dealing with auburn and alabama guys, it can tend to be pretty hilarious. Also, Alabama has either the most or second most subscribers in the rivals network, so it would be smart to cater to your audience.

That I would agree with.

In terms of following your team I hear Ohio St. has a great following at Scout but not Rivals so most pay attention to the scout rankings.

For Texas fans rivals blows scout out the water so we tend to look more at rivals rankings and they seem to be more right on not sure if its due to more resources and info because of the paying number of subscribers.

That I would agree with.

In terms of following your team I hear Ohio St. has a great following at Scout but not Rivals so most pay attention to the scout rankings.

For Texas fans rivals blows scout out the water so we tend to look more at rivals rankings and they seem to be more right on not sure if its due to more resources and info because of the paying number of subscribers.
Yea...I'm a member of both and it's not even close the numbers and coverage for tOSU...10x as many on scout and better insiders..

Back