for some reason i see value in ghana to advance out of group stage?

cortez the killer

Pretty much a regular
does this make me a shitty patriot? probably, and i will be rooting for the usa 100%--how could you not as this team has shown alot of courage and been entertaining to watch all through qualification and the world cup (minus the last few seconds of the portugal game--anyone else remember that the extra official first put up a 3 before changing it to 4 minutes of added time--if that 3 stayed up we would already be through).

here is my logic--germany is so deep and so talented--even when throwing their B team out there, and their goal difference is so strong it is almost impossible for them not to advance, even with a loss, ghana would have to win by like 4 goals if germany were to loose by 1, which is a very remote possibility.

2nd. i think the germans really don't want to see klinsmann have any success at all--much less at their expense, and for that reason alone we will see their a game.

3rd---we are the usa, i have no fucking idea what the overall soccer record between these 2 nations are (i think we drew against their B team under klinsman with a comeback a year or two ago, but that is nothing compared with tomorrow. the real score--the one that they surely remember is usa 2 germany nil in the 2 20th century world wars (i will spare everyone the history diatribe except to point out that while our participation in WWII was both inevitable (after pearl harbor--the friend of my enemy is also my enemy) and also moral (with the whole hitler/holocaust deal) our participation in WWI flew in the face of a very successful 150 Monroe doctrine that basically said we would pay complete attention to our western hemisphere and totally ignore and stay out of any international business in the eastern hemisphere--especially europe. WWI was more about our trade partners especially brittain and the progressive thinking of good old woody wilson). anyways, surely this talking point doesn't mean a damn thing to us, but anyone from the south knows there is gonna be bad blood from this.

4th- i believe klose needs 1 goal to become top goalscorer in WC history. for this reason i LOVE any prop with him being anytime goalscorer and 1st goal scorer if he starts but more likely last goalscorer if he doesn't as he prolly comes in for muller (not goetze this time as rest trumps winning for your star goalscorer past the 45th minute and germany can take out muller and replace him with a guy that can get behind the US cbs much like the final goal portugal scored in the 94th minute. i c klose getting over 30 and more like 45 minutes this game even if he doesn't start--beyond this game, maybe 15 minutes at the end of a game if germany is trailing or even + extratime. none if germany are up by 1 going down the stretch.

5th-portugal is a total mess and their goaldifferential so poor due to that germany game, i don't give them a chance,

6th -west germany was the team that had the 1-nil result years ago where collusion was apparent and which resulted in the simultaneous final game of the group stage at the world cup ever since. germany doesn't want to be associated with this type of play (collusion) like suarez is with biting--especially with the klinsmann connection.

anyways, ghana to advance past group stage +450-1 unit ghana to be eliminated in round of 16 (prolly vs belgium, giving me a chance to play ghana +1/2 and hope for extra time if those 2 teams do meet) +600 1 unit

I love Ghana + in this game.....they are playing better than Portugal for sure. Also teams that played their last game in the Amazon are winless after. I can't believe Portugal is favored.

...looks like for this to happen the us must loose and ghana must win--either of which by more than 1 goal, (u.s. loose by 2 or ghana win by 2)

Doesn't Ghana have to beat Portugal by two goals to advance clean and USA a to lose outright to the German's? Way I see it, Ghana gave us all we could handle and we won 2-1. We gave up the shittiest goal in WC history, took the lead back and gave up another unforgivable goal, but got the point. USA isn't losing by more than 1 to the German's if they lose at all. This is a better team than we've seen and we (some fans) just haven't been able to wrap our heads/minds around that. It happens for those fans tomorrow.

pulp%20fiction.gif

Doesn't Ghana have to beat Portugal by two goals to advance clean and USA a to lose outright to the German's? Way I see it, Ghana gave us all we could handle and we won 2-1. We gave up the shittiest goal in WC history, took the lead back and gave up another unforgivable goal, but got the point. USA isn't losing by more than 1 to the German's if they lose at all. This is a better team than we've seen and we (some fans) just haven't been able to wrap our heads/minds around that. It happens for those fans tomorrow.

Ghana wins by two we lose by 1, Germany wins by two Ghana wins by one.

Look I'm trying to stay optimistic , but I've watched every second of every game in this group and right now Portugal is not a good team. Ronaldo obviously is not close to a 100%, but neither he nor nani ever track back. Ghana is going be running players up and down that sideline All game long.

I think Ghana may be being built up too much from the Germany tie,but there is reason to have some worries going into tomorrow as a USA fan.

I'd love to be flat out wrong about the port/Ghana game and hopefully it ends In a draw

As far as the bet I think Ghana to advance has value.

Take Ghana ML over Portugal.... why get creative,you can(and should) cash and the USA can still advance.
Its in the USMNT own hands.

Also let's not overlook the fact that the group G winner gets sent to the top bracket, where France and then likely Brazil are waiting in the quarters and semis, rather than Argentina and likely Holland. Who fucking knows whether Germany would rather go through the top or the bottom, but could play some part in a semi-colluding draw. I do like Ghana to win and the line is off tomorrow, however.

just to wrap up my thoughts--other 2 other things i forgot to mention--
1. U.S. without a true striker with altidore out--dempsey will have a much more difficult time getting through the big german back 4 compared to a 50% depleted and already inferior portugal back 4.

2. the german nation team CANNOT be happy with the amount of poaching of YOUNG talent since the start of the klinssman era--what better sales pitch on returning to the motherland than --did you see what we did to klinsmann's team when it counted??

but on the other side of the ledger, the great equalizer---weather--so much rain and slop they might as well be playing in quicksand today--i can see 1-nill germany in a quagmire (maybe a header for a corner), so hopefully portugal doesn't lay down, and you know what they say about hopes and dreams...

on a personal note---that last portugal goal wasn't luck, it was skill, and it was OMAR GONZALEZ, inserted by klinsmann in the 80something minute to play a 3rd centerback position and couldn't make it down the pitch for 15 g.d. minutes. the one plus, no more omar, and more johnny brooks rest of the world cup and in the future

ok i just saw a radar and some photos out of Recife. Looks like rain should subside around kickoff. I really can't see the pitch not being in close to immaculate condition, even with some rains. Could be wrong, and I certainly would rather it be sunny and humid rather than rainy.

Sully Muntari and Kevin-Prince Boateng have both been kicked off Ghana's World Cup squad and will miss today's game vs. Portugal.

#GHA #POR THIS JUST IN: Two Ghana starters -- Kevin-Prince Boateng and Sulley Muntari -- have been suspended indefinitely.

Back