Football Thurs 9/21 - Monday 9/25

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD -76

Going to follow old Bloodhound's advice and bet these early when they come out. He always loved that and he usually got good numbers that would have changed against him later in the week. I'm not half the football capper he was but I will still try to learn from him by using some of his tricks.

A Rant......... I keep seeing all these media experts and reports scratching their heads about "Why is the NFL down this year?" Well, hell, that's simple and I have been saying it for years. The NFL is boring. Too many commercials. We have all complained about the TD. Review commercial. Extra point commercial. Kickoff commercial. I think they got rid of one of those but who cares it's still too much. Then the reviews take too fucking long. And they review everything including cheerleaders. Add that they run the game clock ALWAYS and your product sucks. The only thing that kept them alive for the last few years was fantasy and I think that's wearing off as well.

So listen Roger and all you owners. If you want to stay alive you should all be leading the band about national legalizing gambling. Then no one will give a shit about your commercials and replays. Yes, people bet on it now but make it legal and everyone will do it even grandma. If you can go to the corner store and bet instead of trying to fund an online account through Afghanistan or calling Lefty and the boys, your attendance and ratings will go up again. Tax that shit and you might even start working on the national debt. Pretty simple really.

All for 20 units each. (I may add the CFL later)

Thursday

Temple/S Fla over 61 1/2

LA Rams ML -130

Friday

VA/Boise over 51 1/2

Utah/AZ over 61

Saturday

UNLV/Ohio State over 63 1/2

Kent St/Louisville over 56 1/2

W Va/Kansas over 68 1/2

Texas Tech/Houston over 71

Army/Tulane over 46

C Fla/Maryland over 67

BC/Clemson over 52 1/2

Duke/NC over 64

USC/Cal over 63 1/2

WF/Appy St over 46

Toledo/Miami over 57 1/2

TCU/Okla St over 68 1/2

Alabama/Vandy over 43 1/2

SD St/AF over 47

Miss St/GA over 48 1/2

FLA/Kentucky over 44

Penn St/Iowa over 52

Oregon/AZ St over 74 1/2

Wash/Colo over 51

UCLA/Stanford over 63 1/2

Parlays:

Kent ST/Louisville over 56 1/2
Duke/NC over 64
TCU/Okla St over 68 1/2
Oregon/AZ St over 74 1/2

Round robin groups of 4 and 3 for 5 units each.

Sunday

E Carolina/Conn under 62

Philly ML -190

Denver ML -150

Houston/NE over 43 1/2

KC ML -160

Oakland ML -160

Monday

Dallas/AZ under 47

GL

Rams are a big question mark to me. I never expected to see Wade Phillips completely out coached from start to finish defensively. The only thing that stopped Washington from scoring 40+ was Washington. The Rams front 7 is so much about the pass rush that they neglected the run and got gashed but runners lesser than Carlos Hyde. Goff had a chance for a 2 minute drive and on the 1st pass, threw a pop warner telegraphed pass to an INT. I thought Fraud Fisher was back on the sideline. That was not a good performance and I really don't see how in 4 days, major weaknesses exploited get corrected. GL

Great rant., Wire. I have felt that way for years. NFL is boring, and on those occasions when I do watch, I record the game, start 45-50 minutes late, fast forward through commercials and all the bullshit, and wind up catching up live sometime in the 4th quarter.
G L

Great rant., Wire. I have felt that way for years. NFL is boring, and on those occasions when I do watch, I record the game, start 45-50 minutes late, fast forward through commercials and all the bullshit, and wind up catching up live sometime in the 4th quarter.
G L
It's become such an embedded habit that it's really hard to walk away from watching the NFL. The only time I feel guilty for spending all day Sunday watching, is when the day is over. It's really a waste of time watching.

Multiple things happening

1. It is political now and the main tv source promoting it throughout the week is extremely political. Now, you can agree with them or not ... But their target audience is adult males and that groups belief systems are consistently opposed to the nfl/espn narrative. Were it in small doses, most look away and watch.....but it is constant. I don't feel like watching something for 6 hours to be told once per half hour how terrible a person i am. I am sure there are people like me.

2. Whether we want to admit it or not, football fans enjoy the violent aspects of the game. They have removed that.

3. There is too much imbalance between offense and defense

4. It is overofficiated. Almost all the rule changes have sucked to go along with this.

5. The rules favoring passing offense has made the games too long in duration.

Anyway, like some of those plays and wish you the best... #thehound

Thanks Fondy. GL

Record update:

YTD -234

Hope Sunday is better than Saturday. I miss Blood's guidance in college football. I never was near as good as him there. GL

Back