Football Sunday 2/4

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD -45

Philadelphia +4 (46 units)

I realize that you are going to think I have lost my mind. NE and Brady have all the weapons and experience any team could ever need. NE always seems to always get the breaks from the refs as well. But I am taking the Eagles in this one.

NE will not be able to run the ball. I have seen in the last few games that Lewis makes bad decisions. He goes outside when he should go in and he goes inside when the outside is open. Throw in the fact that it is hard to run against the Eagles when you make perfect decisions and you can see why NE will not run the ball.

Unfortunately, NE doesn't have to run the ball at all to win. In fact, the less they run the better chance they have to score. Unless you can put a lot of pressure on Brady you can't stop his passing game. I'm not sure Philly can because if they pressure they won't cover the pass. But NE will mix in the run even if the pass is wide open. Belichek insists on it and that's what will keep Philly in the game.

But the NE defense can be scored on. I have no idea how Foles is doing it but he is moving the ball and they are scoring. His passer rating is through the roof and it shouldn't drop much against this NE defense. If they limit fumbles Philly could be tough to beat. If, however, they fumble more than once Brady is likely to tear them apart.

If I was playing defense for Philly the first thing I would do is lay a hard helmet on Gronk. Even if it meant being ejected. Brady doesn't throw well when his favorite target is out. And despite this countries dependence on playing by rules and being all nicey nice I play to win and will do anything to accomplish that goal.

As for the total, if you think NE will win the over is the bet for you. It's probably the correct way to go even if you are rooting for Philly but if NE wins it should go over 48. I am passing the total.

Oh and yes, I did just move to the Philly area but that has nothing to do with who I think will win. Except that I am telling everyone that the only reason the Eagles have had such success this year is BECAUSE we moved here. Need proof? We moved from Ohio and look what the Browns did without us. GL:rofl:

Back