Fontana

captjohn67

Pretty much a regular
14-28 (-7.16) :money:

Montoya - three top 10's and two top 5's in his three efforts here. "According to research by Justice Bros, Montoya has led in all nine 500 mile races he has had in his CART/Indycar career and has completed 98.4% of the laps in those events." Oh and by the way, he has 4 wins in those 9 races. I'll peg him with a +525.

Kanaan - if you take away the crash with 10 laps to go here in 2012, he has 5 podiums in 5 efforts (just Indy, not CART) . Naturally we can't do that, so just call it an avg of 4.8 in his 6 efforts. This is the co fav at +525.

Dixon - sitting third in points a mere 22 points behind Power. He has 4 top 5's in his 8 trips, but not a win. If they are so kind to give me a +775, i'll bite

Carpenter - a win and three top 3's in six trips is nothing to scoff at. I'll bet against him in every match-up they post against the big dogs. I think it is time to manage and leave the driving to others....and there is nothing wrong with that. Somehow he retained his edge while only running in 6 events last year. The two this year?? I have to question where his mind is at.

Power - will he give you the awesome performance like at indy (2nd) or will he fade quietly into the sunset like at Texas (13th) I say Texas. His three here consist of a 24th (which cost him a ring), 9th (which won him a ring) and a win. Montoya -130 against him and i'm pushing my chips in ( just kidding....i think)

and that's the 5 men who can win this race (not that i am exactly dialed in )....more later

GL this week Capitan

i'm going to hurt the man Schrute, appreciate it (handshake)

kanaan -120 pagenaud (2 units) pagenaud will qualify well and fade as he always does on the ovals
kanaan +775 (.15)
montoya -120 helio (1.0)
briscoe -105 bourdais (1.0)
marco -125 rhr (2.0)

this is typically a night race and the biggest question is how will the tires hold up. Last year it was around 140 degree track temperature during qualifying, and approx 40 degrees less by the time the race started. It will be brutal considering it is going to be 93. Might add something after qualifying. GLTA

i would like to add that the Carpenter +1625 is rather insulting, but obviously the book feels like i do in my original post. Still a really nice number for a darkhorse (no matter i feel about his current form) considering his history here.

Thanks capt. I peek in A lot thanks for your thoughts! GL

much appreciated Pro. I like where I am sitting with these, let's see if we can bring it home. I'm adding .05 on Carpenter +1600. I think the sato newgarden matchup should be reversed, but I'm going to leave it alone. I'm cutting wood in between showers, but it will be time for a cold one shortly. Should be a good one, cheers :cheers3:

Back