Fondybadger's Saturday Plays

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
I'll update this top post with my record and each play I add as the day progresses. This should be a 16 hour drunk fest for me.

2007 Season 98-87 -$4095
Week 1 23-14 +$677
Week 2 16-13 -$4220
Week 3 56-58-3 -$720
Week 4 3-2 +$168
Week 5 28-26 -$417

Good luck this week!!!
:smiley_acbe:

Last edited:
pre-3:30 Games

$100 Miami 1H -13 (-110)
I'm thinking Miami still has enough offense to handle a team like Duke early in the day. Miami is allowing an average of 5 and some odd points in the first half this season and have led Duke at halftime the last two years by scores of 17-0 and 31-0.

$100 Va Tech 1H -10 (-105)
UNC's offense is horrible. I'm thinking it will be a 24-3 type of score at halftime.

$250 Iowa -10 (-110)
$150 Iowa 1H -6 (-115)
I've been waiting for this line to drop all week to this number. Iowa looking for revenge from last seasons road loss and trying to get off the snide in Big 10.

$100 Temple/Army under 46 (-110)
I was almost sick enough to pull the trigger on Temple, but I think the under in the game is a better wager. Neither team can put up too many points if they started at their opponents 20 every time.

Running out of time here...
$100 Ball State -13.5 (-110)
$100 N. Illinois +3 (-105)
$150 Michigan 1H -9.5 (-105)
$50 Michigan -17 (-110)
$250 Penn State -3 (-115)
still one of the best teams in Big 10 IMO
$100 Penn State 1H ML (-135)
$50 LSU 1H -24 (-115) Just because it's a TV game
$200 Oklahoma -23 (-110)
$200 Oklahoma 1H -13 (-110)
$100 Baylor +17 (-110)
$175 Notre Dame +22 (-110)
$100 Kentucky -24 (-115)
$100 Miami Oh +1.5 (-110)
$50 Utah State +21.5 (-110)

good luck fondy...have a big day...drink some for me...somehow im working today after working till midnight each day this week

Big Ten preview

By MARK STEWART
mstewart@journalsentinel.com

Posted: Sept. 27, 2007

PENN STATE (3-1, 0-1) at ILLINOIS (3-1, 1-0)

When: 11 a.m. Saturday (Big Ten Network).
Player to watch: Rashard Mendenhall, Illinois - The Big Ten Conference's second-leading rusher has averaged 168 yards in his last three games.
Recent history: Penn State has won three straight, including a 26-12 victory last season. The Nittany Lions are 10-1 against Illinois since joining the Big Ten in 1993.
Key statistic: Illinois leads the league in rushing with 265.5 yards per game and 5.5 yards per carry. Penn State's defense is the best in the league against the run, allowing 54.8 yards per contest and 1.5 yards per carry.
Bottom line: This will be a hard-hitting affair, but Penn State will contain Illini's one-dimensional attack and leave town with a victory.
INDIANA (3-1, 0-1) at IOWA (2-2, 0-1)

When: 11 a.m. Saturday (BTN)
Player to watch: James Hardy, Indiana - The junior receiver has owned Iowa, catching 20 passes for 307 yards and four touchdowns in two games.
Recent history: Hardy scored three touchdowns as Indiana scored a 31-28 victory over Iowa in Bloomington, Ind., last season. It was the Hoosiers' fourth victory over Iowa in the last seven games.
Key statistic: Iowa, which lost its top two receivers to injury last week, ranks last in the league in total offense with 313 yards per game and scoring with 19.2 points per contest.
Bottom line: The depleted Hawkeyes are ripe for a fall but the home-field advantage may be enough to save them this week.
MICHIGAN (2-2, 1-0) at NORTHWESTERN (2-2, 0-1)

When: 11 a.m. Saturday (BTN)
Player to watch: Chad Henne, Michigan - Will the senior quarterback play after a two-game absence because of a knee injury? Considering Northwestern's struggles, this could be the perfect time to ease him back into competition.
Recent history: The Wolverines won, 17-3, last season and have won four straight over Northwestern.
Key statistic: Michigan hasn't allowed a touchdown in nine consecutive quarters.
Bottom line: The Wolverines won't have problems with this spread attack. Northwestern, which has scored 14 points or less in three of its games, is in for another tough afternoon.
NOTRE DAME (0-4) at PURDUE (4-0)

When: 11 a.m. Saturday (ESPN).
Player to watch: Kory Sheets, Purdue - With Jaycen Taylor out for at least another month, the junior tailback gained 171 total yards against Minnesota last week, including 111 rushing.
Recent history: The Fighting Irish won, 35-21, last season in South Bend, Ind., but the teams split the last four meetings.
Key statistic: Purdue averages 48.5 points per game; Notre Dame has scored 27 points all season.
Bottom line: Notre Dame shouldn't expect any miracles this week.
OHIO STATE (4-0, 1-0) at MINNESOTA (1-3, 0-1)

When: 7 p.m. Saturday (ESPN2).
Player to watch: James Laurinaitis, Ohio State - The junior linebacker, a Minnesota native, has led the Buckeyes in tackles in 12 of the last 16 games.
Recent history: Ohio State won, 44-0, last season, its fourth straight victory in the series.
Key statistic: The Gophers negate a productive offense by turning the ball over. Their average of three per game is the worst in the nation.
Bottom line: The Buckeyes will make Laurinaitis' homecoming a happy one.

Long-ball threat

Smith a perfect complement to Hill for UW

By JEFF POTRYKUS
jpotrykus@journalsentinel.com

Madison - Lance Smith still tests the patience of the University of Wisconsin coaches on occasion.
For example, UW had to burn a timeout Saturday against Iowa because the sophomore tailback was not lined up properly.
"You can't put the offense and the team in a position where it could cost you," UW running backs coach John Settle said.
Nevertheless, Smith has become a much bigger pain for opponents this season. Despite missing the first of what is scheduled to be a five-game university suspension, Smith has provided the big-play threat to complement the power and consistency of starter P.J. Hill.
"The thing you can't take away from him is his production," Settle said. "When he goes in, I know the players are just waiting for something to happen.
"Every time I send him in I tell him I'm waiting for something to happen."
Entering Week 2 of Big Ten Conference play Saturday against Michigan State, Smith:
• Is averaging 7.6 yards per carry. That is 4.0 yards per carry better than he averaged as a freshman last season.
• Has four runs of 12 yards or longer in just 23 carries, an average of one such run every 5.8 carries Those runs have covered 12, 16, 30 and 56 yards for 114 of his 174 rushing yards.
Hill, by contrast, has eight runs of 12 yards or longer in 105 carries. That is an average of one such run every 13.1 carries.
"He comes in with fresh legs," Hill said, "and he is (likely) to bust a 50-yarder every time we put him in.
"He has great speed. He has good moves. He has good vision. So when we put him in he makes a big run. I tell coach: 'Keep him in for a few more plays. I like watching him run, too.' "
Smith had one big run against Iowa, a 30-yarder in the final quarter that set up Taylor Mehlhaff's 40-yard field goal that closed the scoring.
On second and 9 from the UW 42, Smith took the handoff from Tyler Donovan and started to his left, behind pulling right guard Kraig Urbik and tight end Garrett Graham.
Smith noticed congestion in the area through which Urbik and Graham pulled and bounced the play to the outside, behind the block of fullback Pressley's on cornerback Charles Godfrey. He cleared Godfrey at the line of scrimmage, accelerated away from free safety Devan Moylan at the 45 and headed down the sideline.
"I don't know if P.J. hits that edge as quickly as he did," Settle said. "I think they got used to playing a certain speed and all of a sudden you put a quicker guy in there. He is the good 1-2 punch we had hoped we'd have.
"He is better. But he is not by any means where he needs to be . .
"Trust me, as a coach I would love to have him in the game more often because I really believe he is a good change of pace."
Smith has not been available for interviews since his five-game suspension was announced on Sept. 5.
According to Settle, some of the mistakes Smith has been making can be attributed to the fact that he knows his opportunities will be limited this season. Barring the unlikely reduction of his suspension, Smith can appear only in UW's home games and a bowl game.
"Football is a game that he loves," Settle said. "He has made that known to everybody that will listen.
"And in the back of his mind he knows (Saturday) may be his last game for a while. So I think he begins to rush things because he wants to have so much success.
"Whereas if he just (could) relax he would have success. But he wants to do well. He wants to contribute as much as he can. He tries to do too much at times."

Engine needs tuning

Offense will have to improve efficiency against Spartans

By JEFF POTRYKUS

Posted: Sept. 28, 2007

Madison - Few football coaches are more placid than University of Wisconsin offensive coordinator Paul Chryst.
However, Chryst can turn grumpy if the UW offense fails to capitalize on legitimate scoring chances, which has been an issue in two of the Badgers' last three games.
"That is one thing we need to get better at," he said.
And he can turn surly if his unit turns the ball over, as quarterback Tyler Donovan did twice last week against Iowa, with a fumble on a sack and an interception.
"A sack is bad," Chryst said. "A sack-fumble is terrible. . . . And he is the first to recognize that."
Chryst recognizes the offense must improve its level of proficiency, beginning at 2:30 p.m. today when UW (4-0, 1-0 Big Ten Conference) meets visiting Michigan State (4-0, 0-0).
"We've talked a lot about that with the guys," Chryst said. "You've got to let the game come to you. You can't force stuff. But when it comes you've got to be ready for that opportunity to jump all over it."
UW enters today only seventh in the Big Ten in scoring, but with a healthy average of 31.0 points per game. However, 87 of UW's 124 points came against Washington State (93rd nationally in scoring defense) and The Citadel, a Championship Subdivision program (formerly Division I-AA).
In narrow victories over Nevada-Las Vegas and Iowa, UW scored on 7 of 23 drives, with four touchdowns and three field goals.
On the first field-goal drive at UNLV, poor clock management cost UW a chance at a touchdown. On the second, the offense moved just 6 yards in four plays after a turnover.
Donovan's sack and lost fumble on UW's first possession against Iowa cost the Badgers at least a field goal and turned the field position in the favor of the Hawkeyes. His subsequent interception at the UW 26 set up an Iowa field goal.
Opponents may find it easier to defend UW than they did last season unless certain areas aren't buttressed.
Hubbard's loss hurts: Senior wide receiver Paul Hubbard's knee injury, suffered in Week 2, has left the Badgers minus a proven big-play threat.
Freshman Kyle Jefferson (five catches, 60 yards) has started for Hubbard. With the speed to get deep, he had three catches for 40 yards against Iowa.
UW coach Bret Bielema lauded his play against the Hawkeyes, but replacing a senior with a freshman rarely is a seamless process.
"We don't have a player of his quality at that position," Bielema said, referring to Hubbard.
Chryst has compensated with a package featuring three tight ends - Travis Beckum, Garrett Graham and Mickey Turner - and that has shown promise.
However, with Hubbard out, Iowa was able to focus on slowing wide receiver Luke Swan, who killed the Hawkeyes in Iowa City last season. Swan was held in check against Iowa last week as he finished with three catches for 62 yards.
Head on a swivel: Donovan, now 6-0 as a starter, has shown toughness, guts and the ability to make critical plays with his feet. In addition, he has completed 60.2% of his passes with seven touchdowns and just one interception.
Nevertheless, Donovan is prone to focusing too long on one receiver, usually Swan. The interception against Iowa was a tremendous play by linebacker A.J. Edds, but it was made possible because Edds noticed Donovan stare down Swan.
Tailback P.J. Hill has six catches for 48 yards. That includes an 11-yard touchdown catch against The Citadel. He runs well after the catch and is a viable option if the downfield routes are covered. He needs to be utilized more frequently in that role.
Bend it to Beckum: With 20 catches in four games, Beckum, a junior, is on pace for 60 catches. He had 61 in 13 games last season. His per-catch average of 9.6 yards is down more than 5 yards from last season (14.8 ypc), though.
Bielema noted that Beckum remains more of a pass-catching threat than an all-around tight end.
Although that observation is accurate, Beckum was a one-dimensional player last year when he put up bigger numbers.
UW, for the most part, will face very good defenses the rest of the season. The offense must grow and Donovan knows he must be the catalyst.
"I've just got to keep progressing, keep the offense together and keep bringing in the wins," Donovan said.

DeBauche on solid footing

Punter has big game, but he expects to be even better

By JEFF POTRYKUS

Madison - Ken DeBauche isn't satisfied.
Ask the University of Wisconsin senior about his punting last week against Iowa, arguably his best overall performance since the 2005 Big Ten Conference opener, and DeBauche's thoughts turn to his one subpar punt out of eight.
"Looking back at the game I had that one 34-yard punt," DeBauche said after practice earlier this week. "If not for that, the numbers would have been a lot better.
"And it's just something that seems to be haunting me, that one punt. So even though I had a great game on Saturday, I think that there is still a lot I can improve on. That game could have been a lot better."
To review: DeBauche entered the night last in the Big Ten in punting with a 34.0-yard average.
He punted eight times in the 17-13 victory over Iowa and averaged 47.6 yards per punt to raise his season average to 39.7 yards. He placed two punts inside the Iowa 20, including one downed at the 1.
The reason for the sudden return to form? Simple mechanics.
Almost all of DeBauche's drops in UW's first three games left the ball on the inside of his punting leg. As a result, DeBauche rarely hit the ball cleanly.
"It is kind of like golf," said UW assistant Mike Hankwitz, who oversees the punting unit and worked with DeBauche to rectify the problem. "You do something just a little wrong and you don't get the result . . .
"When he started keeping it out where he needed it, he got an excellent result."
DeBauche's first punt against Iowa carried 49 yards, a confidence-booster, but the critical punt was his second attempt.
UW faced a fourth and 5 from its 20 late in the first quarter. The snap from senior Steve Johnson was low and to DeBauche's left.
Standing inside his 10, DeBauche didn't panic and fielded the ball cleanly. He boomed a punt of 53 yards to the Iowa 27. A 12-yard return left the ball at the 39 but DeBauche's rocket had turned the field position back in UW's favor.
When he came to the sideline, kicker and friend Taylor Mehlhaff was waiting with a question:
"Do you need a bad snap to get off a good punt?"
DeBauche replied: Yes.
Given that UW's offense has struggled to move the ball consistently in two of the last three games, generating just 37 points in victories over Nevada-Las Vegas and Iowa, DeBauche could play a critical role in UW's success in league play.
"Kenny gets frustrated if he doesn't have a good game," said reserve cornerback Ben Strickland, who rooms with DeBauche and backup punter Paul Standring, and is key member of punt and punt-coverage units.
"This last week he got everything where it needed to be and he is back on track."

Defense warms up in time to face the Spartans' fire

Unit's recent improvement will be tested by Michigan State

By JEFF POTRYKUS

Posted: Sept. 25, 2007

Madison - Jonathan Casillas and his teammates on the University of Wisconsin defense heard the question repeatedly:
What is wrong with you guys?
The question surfaced after a stilted first-half performance in the opener against Washington State, cropped up again in Week 2 after a narrow victory against Nevada-Las Vegas and came from every corner after an ugly first-half performance in Week 3 against The Citadel.
Now, in the wake of the defense's best overall performance of the season, albeit against an inexperienced and limited Iowa offense, Casillas can reply with confidence that the pendulum has swung.
"I think we all believe we are a good defense," the junior weak-side linebacker said earlier this week. "Maybe some guys have a little skepticism about our level of play because we haven't been playing up to our potential.
"But this is how we're going to play. Come out there and get off the field on third downs."
UW limited Iowa to 59 rushing yards (2.3 yards per carry), 228 total yards and a third-down conversion rate of 12.5% (2 for 16).
The timing could not have been better for UW, given that the Badgers (4-0, 1-0 Big Ten Conference) face Michigan State (4-0, 0-0) at 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Camp Randall Stadium.
Michigan State, fresh off a 31-14 victory at Notre Dame, boasts a better offensive line, better runners and better receivers than Iowa.
"I think offensively they do have talent at all positions," UW coach Bret Bielema said. "Michigan State always has athletes and now what they have is they have a group of athletes that are playing together as one."
The Spartans are sixth in the Big Ten in scoring (32.8 points per game), seventh in rushing (200.8 yards per game), fourth in pass efficiency (57.7% completion rate, eight TD passes and three interceptions) and fifth in total offense (416.5 ypg).
Those rankings are significantly better than those of Iowa.
Michigan State's line is big (average of 6-foot-5 and 308 pounds) and experienced (two fifth-year seniors and two juniors among the starters).
The tailback tandem of Javon Ringer (5-9 and 200) and Jehuu Caulcrick (6-0 and 255) combines speed and power. Ringer is averaging 4.9 yards per carry, 99.8 yards per game (the No. 6 mark in the Big Ten) and 10.1 yards per reception. Caulcrick is averaging 4.6 yards per carry and 75.0 yards per game (the No. 10 mark in the Big Ten) and is tied for second in the league in rushing touchdowns with six.
Junior quarterback Brian Hoyer, who has completed 57.1% of his passes for 192.2 yards per game, has improved since Week 1. He threw four touchdown passes against Notre Dame.
"He's been good, very, very good," Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio said. "What I like about Brian is that he has confidence. He has a lot of confidence in himself, and the players have confidence in him . . .
"He can get us in and out of the right plays and so much of quarterback play is game management. He does a great job there."
Wide receiver Devin Thomas (16 catches, 23.1 yards per catch and three TDs) and tight end Kellen Davis (nine catches, 15.3 yards per catch and three TDs) will cause match-up problems for UW.
Under John L. Smith, from 2003-'06, the Spartans ran a spread offense. Dantonio's team can use multiple receivers, multiple tight ends and can attack with power running and precision passing.
Facing a more conventional offense last week against Iowa, as well as a first-year starter at quarterback, the UW defensive staff used blitzes liberally.
UW generally had success on the blitzes, as cornerback Aaron Henry had 2½ sacks. The aggressive play-calling clearly was embraced by the players and it would be surprising to see UW stray from that plan this week, particularly since this will be Hoyer's second road start and he is less mobile than Jake Christensen of Iowa.
"Players love to have a blitz called," Bielema said, "but it's even better when it works."
Bolstered by the defense's play against Iowa, Casillas is eager to take the field again this week, particularly against a unit with the physical makeup and talent of Michigan State.
"A lot of people talk about our speed," Casillas said. "But we have physical guys on our team . . . And the Big Ten is a physical conference and we're going to bring it no matter what.
"You come into Camp Randall or we come into your home, we're going to bring a physical game."

Five things to watch: UW vs. Michigan State

Posted: Sept. 28, 2007

Tag-team trouble: Neither Javon Ringer (5 feet 9 inches, 200 pounds) nor Jehuu Caulcrick (6-0 and 255) is considered the best individual tailback in the Big Ten. However, they might be the best tandem in the league. Ringer is averaging 4.9 yards per carry and 99.8 yards per game; Caulcrick is averaging 4.6 yards per carry and 75.0 yards per game. He is tied for second in the league in rushing touchdowns, with six. Both players can run with power and/or speed. Both will test UW's defense behind a powerful line.
Close down I-94: UW offensive coordinator Paul Chryst lauded both of the Spartans' defensive ends. Senior Jonal Saint-Dic, who wears No. 94, has put up eye-popping numbers through four games. The 6-1, 255-pounder leads the Big Ten in sacks (six) and forced fumbles (five) and is tied for second in tackles for loss (eight). On one play against Notre Dame, Saint-Dic sacked quarterback Jimmy Clausen and ripped the ball away in one motion. "That was a pretty cool play," Chryst said in admiration. You can bet his tone will change if Saint-Dic does the same to UW quarterback Tyler Donovan.
Set the alarm clock: UW's defense, which has made a habit of needing a strong second half to compensate for a sluggish first half, needs to be sharp early today. The Spartans, sixth in the Big Ten in scoring (32.8 points per game) have outscored their opponents by 42-7 in the first quarter and by 90-38 through the first two quarters. UW has yielded 52 of its 78 points in the first half and has been unable to make quick, on-field adjustments when opponents show a new wrinkle on offense. The way UW's offense struggled last week, the Badgers can't afford to fall behind early.
Blitz Part II? Michigan State can get consistent pressure from its front four, but also isn't afraid to blitz and leads the Big Ten in sacks (21). The Spartans have allowed just nine sacks in four games, but UW had success attacking Iowa quarterback Jake Christensen, who was making his second road start. Michigan State quarterback Brian Hoyer will be making his second road start. Might defensive coordinator Mike Hankwitz turn the dogs loose again today?
A stiffer test: Despite some breakdowns, including a blown coverage on Iowa's final play, UW's defense fashioned its best overall performance last week. The Spartans, who have weapons at tailback, wide receiver and tight end and boast a better line, will be a more formidable challenge. If UW's defense fares well today, it bodes well for the rest of the season.
Jeff Potrykus

• ESPN.com Insider Bruce Feldman predicts a Wisconsin win - barely - 20-17. "I'm torn on this one. Both are very physical teams. I do like the improved MSU pass rush, but I think their impact will be contained in a grind-it-out game where the Badgers wear the Spartans down in the second half."
  • The Detroit Free-Press offers this: "Jehuu Caulcrick said the last time he was in Madison to play football, a woman mooned him and the rest of the Spartans." They also pick the Spartans to win, 20-17.
  • Meanwhile, Detroit Free-Press writer Shannon Shelton is picking Wisconsin to win, 17-14.
  • All three experts at the New York Times are going with Wisconsin.
  • Jody Demling of the Louisville Courier-Journal also see a close game, calling it Wisconsin 21, Michigan State 17.
  • The Lansing State Journal says Bret Bielema is proving Barry Alvarez to be right. Also, Michigan State's success can partly be traced to the addition of junior college players. The paper's Joe Rexrode thinks Wisconsin will win, 24-17.

Dam Fondy, you think you can squeeze any more plays in there? haha Best of luck man. Wish I was drinking but have to work today :(

:cheers:

Afternoon Games
$250 Wisconsin -7 -105
$200 California +7 -115
$150 FSU -1.5
$150 Clemson -3 -115
$100 Texas -14 -120
$100 UNLV +4
$100 Hawaii -24 -115
$100 Louisville -9 -105

1st Halves
$100 Cal +3.5 -115
$100 Wisky -4
$100 Texas -7 -130

Evening Games
$250 Ohio State -23
$200 TCU -9.5
$150 USC -21 -115
$100 UCLA +3
$100 Auburn +17.5
$100 UAB +23 ;)
$100 Virginia -6

1st Halves
$100 Hawaii -14 +100
$100 Ohio State -13

Doing well man, same old shit- how about yourself?

Definitely like what you guys have set up here, reminds me a lot of BTB, good cappers and none of the BS you find in like 99% of the other sports betting forums. Good to be here.

7 points so far with about a minute left in the 3Q...not too bad.

Back