Fondybadger's Monday Night Play

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
2006 NFL Overall 89-56-3 +$2285.60
Preseason 54-36-3 +$1042.10
Week One 17-11 +$688
Week Two 18-9 +$555.50 (with tonight pending)

Overall a pretty good day yesterday, but I lost a few of my bigger plays. Miami and St. Louis I was completely wrong with, while I had the Giants and Panthers losing in OT. That's the way the ball bounces I guess.

$200 Steelers -2.5
The line just dropped with both my local and at Pinnacle. If anyone remembers my NFL season prediction I had Jax winning 2 or 3 games all season. I'm very down on them. As for Pittsburgh, the signing of Najeh Davenport will be one of the best moves any team made this season. He gives the pounding inside presence that is missing from Pitt with Bettis retired. Look for a TD from Naj tonight and a few big 3rd down runs. Steelers win by DD's in my mind. Still looking at the totals

GOOD LUCK TONIGHT.

2 or 3 games?

If i were to bet i would take the Jax ML. I think Pitt was overrated last year. Jags have a lot beter Defensive line and they shut down parker last year.
Either way good luck

Fondy you are the only one to have mentioned Davenport . I have been reading posts at all kinds of forums on this game ...Davenport i think will get at least 10 carries and a td and that will help keep willie fresh..really looking foward to seeing him play..Cowher will pound him on 3 and short ...think the new guy comes up big in his first start...can`t decide if i want to place a bet but i think the steelers win ...But i always think the steelers will win :smiley_acbe:

With or w/o Big Ben, conservative football both ways relying on the run to set up the pass. Typical smash mouth football as these two teams look to punish each other.

No one is running away with this. If you can get an entire field goal, I say take it.

Best of luck to all....................

Welcome tschene, this is a great site! I'm sitting here with my TERPS shirt on "We will protect this house" That better be the case after the West Virginia game!

I don't like the 1H total of 17.5 playing that either way... but the one that does really stand out to me is Pittsburgh team total. As I think they'll put up at least 1 TD in the first half, and should have an opportunity at a field goal or two.

$50 Pittsburgh 1st Half Team Total OVER 9.5 -116

I like to look at first quarters and find some value as well. Pittsburgh is -0.5 for both the 1st half and for the 1st quarter. The first half is -108 juice, while the first quarter is +143. I understand luck has a lot to do with this (depending on coin flip) and opening drives, but I like the value in this one.

$20 Pittsburgh 1Q -0.5 +143
$20 Pitt/Jax 1Q OVER 7 +100

Also for the game I think it should go over, but I don't like the line too much. Going to go with a small play on the over anyways.

$50 Pitt/Jax Over 36.5

Predictions:

1q 7-3 Pittsburgh
half 10-6 Pittsburgh
Game 24-13 Pittsburgh (on a moose type td)

Good luck my man.....leaning toward the Over for a couple units and the Jags for one!!

GL Fondy. Yeah, BIG signing for them (Najeh). The Duece is old, fat and slow.

:drink:

I think Pitt was overrated last year

So winning the Super Bowl is overrated?

They came back as Wild Card and went the distance, hwo is that overrated. If anything they were underrated and overlooked.

Good Luck tonight fondy. I took the O36.5. Two defenses should lead to turnovers and good field posititon.

Thanks Terps for the acknowledgement........

Sorry you may have been on the wrong side. Didn't see it so boring as piss like that. Thought maybe 17-16 or some-odd score.

Best of luck from here on out...............

(My bookie didn't even give me the field goal, I had to go w/ +2)

T

Hey, I was right there with you on this one Fondy. I don't bet double often, and I made that Steelers bet a double tonight. I certainly underestimated Jacksonville and expected more out of the Steelers.

Was definately a mistake on my part. Jags just met the amount of wins I had for them predicted on the season. Add me to the group "that doesn't follow football" not knowing how good the small market team is. As the announcer pointed out over and over again tonight.

I got a real kick out of when the announcer said "This is the kind of game you'd bet the under" That's what prompted me to do just that at halftime and recoup the money I lost on the Steelers bet.

DiceMan said:
I got a real kick out of when the announcer said "This is the kind of game you'd bet the under" That's what prompted me to do just that at halftime and recoup the money I lost on the Steelers bet.

I followed the over bet with an over on the 2nd half

Fondybadger said:
Jags just met the amount of wins I had for them predicted on the season.

Seriously? You had them pegged as a 2-14 team this year?! That's nuts. That would be quite the dropoff, going from a 12-4 playoff team to possibly the worst team in the league. Why did you think that?

Are your season predictions on the site here somewhere?

Back