Fondybadger's MLB Wednesday - 4/8

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
2009 MLB Record 10-10-1 +$505

A 4-4 day yesterday, but with baseball that normally means a positive day, and yesterday was no exception as I took in $471 to the good.

Down the card...
$150 Marlins RL +156
-- Good value on a pitcher who I feel will have a breakout year. Hot hitting Marlins team should keep putting up some runs for awhile. Not expecting too many victories from the Nats.

Braves/Phillies
-- Prefer the pitching match-up for the Braves, but do not see the Phillies being swept at home to open the season.

$100 Diamondbacks RL +153
-- Morales has one opportunity to impress the Rockies before he is sent down to the minors for what could be a significant period of time. His numbers have not been impressive since about 2007 and he has shown nothing in winter ball and spring training to show he belongs anywhere near a major league roster. Fading him and Colorado today as I look for the Dbacks to come out with a vengence after being shutout yesterday.

Mets/Reds
-- Having a difficult time with the game. Value is on Reds RL, but think the Mets take this one as well. Would play over, but cannot get Monday out of my mind.

$150 Cubs/Astros U9
-- The under in match-ups between these two teams is 24-9 over last three years, including 13-2 in Houston. Both pitchers pitch extremely well against each other's team. Lilly has a 2.52 ERA & 0.915 WHIP with under going 5-1, while Moehler has a 3.73 ERA and a 1.098 WHIP and the under going 5-2.

$100 Cardinals RL +140
-- Fading Duke and the Pirates for the third straight game.

$100 Dodgers ML -165
-- San Diego offense is not going to put many runs on the board this season and against Billingsley that should hold true. Walter Silva is a 32 year old pitcher making his major league debut, basically "on loan" from his Mexican League team. Fading San Diego ball club.

$150 Brewers/Giants O7.5 +105
-- Giants are going to keep putting up some runs against this Milwaukee club, especially the bullpen and feeling good about Milwaukee continuing to manufacturer some runs. Look for a 5-4 type of ball game, would lean towards Giants.

Tigers/Blue Jays
-- Not touching this game. Bullpens for both these teams are frustrating and want to get a better grasp on the teams before I start backing either of them. Will fade against appropriate competition.

Yankees/Orioles
-- I am interested in on how Uehara comes out this season. Think he may put up some good numbers and value is definetely on the Orioles, but decided to pass.

$100 Rays ML +140
-- Going to keep going to the well with the Rays until they come through against Boston. Think this game is basically a toss up and thus +140 is where the value is.

$50 Cleveland ML -110
-- Indians hitters have had a lot of success against Padilla. Hopefully they can put up some more runs than they did on Monday.

$100 White Sox -120
-- Looking for the White Sox to get off to a better start than they did on Monday for the Royals. Floyd should be able to hold down the fort and am looking for Thome (for fantasy purposes, laugh) to keep his pace up for 162 home runs.

$200 Twins RL +135
-- Looking for our member "Danger" to respond here on Slowey. I know he has a prop bet for him to win the Cy Young this season and I agree that he should have a great year. Twins might want to think about getting serious before the end of the game in this one.

$200 A's/Angels O9
-- Do not trust Adenhart or Eveland. Looking for runs to be put up, although Adenhart had a solid spring, rebounding from what to me was a shockingly horrible season in the bigs/AAA last year. Feel one team covers this total themself.

:cheers:

dang didn't expect an explanation for each play, especially with the large cards you usually play

goodluck think Volstad has a good year as well

Best of luck Fondino. Love seeing you with those huge cards. Reminds me of the cfb and cbb days you'd roll out 100 plays on a Saturday. BTW, last time I checked April was the 4th month....might want to change your title.

dang didn't expect an explanation for each play, especially with the large cards you usually play

goodluck think Volstad has a good year as well

Mon/Wed mornings I have education law. It's as exciting as it sounds. Went over the Yoder case today which is a very exciting situation involving public schools and Amish students.

Best of luck Fondino. Love seeing you with those huge cards. Reminds me of the cfb and cbb days you'd roll out 100 plays on a Saturday. BTW, last time I checked April was the 4th month....might want to change your title.

I do not what day it is anymore, if I put 3/8 or 5/8 I could just say I mistyped, but with 6/8 as the date I do not know what to think. :36_11_6:Thanks for pointing it out. I miss those 100 wager days, but I would probably still have more hair if I had avoided those. I still try to get a bit crazy with them a few times a year, but it all goes down after college.

I would take all Reds unders until the totals are adusted into the 6's every game

Time for Votto and Bruce to step up and get some runs.

Good luck today Fondy, on Florida with you...really hoping they just come out again and blow the doors off Washington.

gl fondy.. on twins rl and marlins rl as well. Also riding the reds runline today with volquez. Its gonna be in the 50's tonight instead of that mess of a monday we just saw. I think we might see the over hit there as well

On Philly today for the same reason you stated.

Marlins- HP ump averaged 10.41 runs last year.

GL Fondy. Surprised you're not a huge fan of gallardo in this spot. Kid is a fuckin beast but I guess the pen will come into play as he rarely goes more then 6-7ip.

good hit on FLA, like the LAA over again but i'm staying away after cashing on it last night

good luck fondy

good luck on the plays big dude.

was gonna take the dodgers as well, but wanna see how billingsley does after breaking his leg during the off-season.

Mon/Wed mornings I have education law. It's as exciting as it sounds. Went over the Yoder case today which is a very exciting situation involving public schools and Amish students.
I have economics and we continue to talk about this recession...to me it's beeen beaten to death to the prof it's his life...Volstad looked great today :smiley_acbe:

yessir...i have to thank fuentes for bringing that over in for me

Back