Fondybadger's College Football Bowl Thread

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
Still working on write ups for all the games. I'll have the earlier ones sooner than later -- and if you're curious about a later game, I'll try to respond as quick as I can.

2007 Season 358-304-13 +43.94 units
Week 1 23-14 +$677
Week 2 16-13 -$4220
Week 3 56-58-3 -$720
Week 4 3-2 +$168
Week 5 28-26 -$417
Week 6 64-37 +$5671
Week 7 42-50-2 +$2042
Week 8 50-37-2 +$1774
Week 9 9-7 +$390
Week 10 38-24-6 +$895
Week 11
16-26-1 -$2258
Week 12 5-5 -220
Week 13 6-4 +165
Week 14 2-1 +$30
Bowls ATS 20-12-3 +$684
<st1:date year="2007" day="21" month="12"></st1:date><o></o><st1:date year="2007" day="23" month="12"></st1:date><st1:date year="2008" day="3" month="1"></st1:date>
<st1:date year="2008" day="6" month="1"></st1:date>
<st1:date year="2008" day="7" month="1">January 7, 2008</st1:date><o></o>
ALLSTATE BCS Championship Game <st1:state><st1>Louisiana </st1></st1:state>Superdome, <st1><st1:city>New Orleans</st1:city>, <st1:state>LA</st1:state></st1>
L-S-U Tigers (11-2) vs. <st1><st1>Ohio State </st1></st1>Buckeyes (11-1), <st1:time minute="0" hour="20">8 p.m.</st1:time> (FOX)<o></o>
$100 LSU -5
$200 LSU -3 -125
$60 Ohio State 1H over 12 -115
$60 LSU 1H over 12.5 -115
GOOD LUCK!!!
:smiley_acbe:

Last edited:
$200 USC -13.5 +102
It's my opinion that Illinois sucks donkey dick and their fans are a bunch of bandwagon morons. Anyone who's been a "true" fan for more than a few years, my apologies. For those Illinois "fans" who are talking all kinds of shit this year, where the hell have you been during the down years? Now that I got that out of my system... Illinois has a couple solid players on their team, but as a team they haven't shown me anything. So they beat Wisconsin and Penn State at home and went on the road and completely blindsided Ohio State... Um OK that doesn't make them all that special. Tell me what team in the top 15 that couldn't kill Wisconsin and Penn State on their home field (Tennessee isn't included in this ;))? USC defense will be up for the challenge and I look for them to use the Rose Bowl as a staging ground to show that they may be the best team in all of CFB this season.

$400 Virginia Tech -3 -112
I'm still waiting for Kansas to beat a top 35 team. I like Va Tech to come out with some surprises and frankly they're much more talented imo.

bandwagon.jpg

I'm using my local for all these early wagers as I don't want my offshore accounts tied up.

Your local needs to talk to my local; mine won't have any lines, as usual, till a couple days before the first bowl.

GL Fondy, thoughts on LSU/Ohio State game?

I have my first law school final in the morning so I won't get around to updating my thread until tomorrow night. I have another 13 wagers placed already, and that includes a smaller wager on LSU. I also took Wisky for $200 +3.5

tennessee is gonna own wiscy.. ainge might throw for 500 yards

Get back to the :bong: buddy. GL on the bowl season this year Nick. Looking forward to you getting over with Finals so we can talk about some games

I have my first law school final in the morning so I won't get around to updating my thread until tomorrow night. I have another 13 wagers placed already, and that includes a smaller wager on LSU. I also took Wisky for $200 +3.5

Thanks, and good luck with finals

I HATE that USC is favored by 2 td's here. I also know that Illinois appeared to be lucky and should have lost to OSU. But I think they are just good enough to cover this game and with turnovers as in ANY game, I don't see USC powerful enough to overcome a few and win. I carefully watched their (USC) last few games and I never watched ANY dominance over the teams they played.

Using Illinois here as the big dog, will only be percieved as an inferior opponent and should see just enough money on SC here to cash on a possible loss against the majority of the bettors. You have it at 13.5 and thats what possibly makes it attractive, but these big bowl teams have always disappointed us plenty in the past.

I have a feeling from a statistical standpoint, that this number can only be justified by the fact that SC may have played a tougher schedule. But then again, look at all these regular season upsets that these teams lost to this year. The Buckeyes are nearly the only team who lost to a winner in a good conference..USC, Okla, LSU, Mich all seemed to have lost to teams that werent so good IMO. Im not hoping your wrong because I havent even capped the game myself, but on the surface, it looks a little to big to cover to me. And if I was betting a 6-7 point teaser, I just dont feel confident in SC to play it. SU maybe, but the ML just isnt worth it to me.

The Buckeyes, on the other hand just may get SMOKED by LSU. That game I will be looking at real hard.

Just though Id throw in a little feedback.

GL on the play though.:shake:

I put in some wagers a week ago Monday that I didn't have time to post. I thought I'd have done it before now, but better late than never I guess. Some lines moved against me, while others I got the better end on.
$150 Navy +10
$100 Florida Atlantic -1.5
$200 Boise State -10 -120 (bought half point)
$100 Boston College -3
$100 Maryland +4
$150 Alabama -3 -130 (bough half point)
$100 Kentucky -1
$100 Arkansas +3
$100 Florida -10 -120 (bought half point)
$200 Wisconsin +3.5
$100 Wisconsin/Tenny under 60
$350 Hawaii/Georgia under 69
$100 LSU -5

Won the game ATS last night, but shouldn't have added the 1H total play... ah well... 1-1 +$40, looking for a solid night tonight.

<st1:time minute="0" hour="13">SATURDAY ATS
$100 Cincy -10 -120
</st1:time><o></o><st1><st1></st1></st1>

$150 Nevada +3 -115
<o></o>
$200 BYU -5.5 -110

Those country boys from ecu will not be focused at all first time in a bowl for a while I think and they jprobably won't have many fans.

Those country boys from ecu will not be focused at all first time in a bowl for a while I think and they jprobably won't have many fans.

Boise was just at Hawaii. You think their fan base is going to crawl back on a plane to follow this team back there? Why would boise not stay home and play in their own bowl? Hmmm, which team might not be focused?

Good health with boise, Fondy, and good luck with the rest of your picks...

Thanks guys, 0-2-1 -$392 on Saturday... Finally take in $185 in CBB and $200 in NBA, and I still lose money. Argh.

Boise State time baby.

So here I am and I see you're taking Penn St. tonight. Love it for two reasons. One, they lost their last game of the year and will not want to end the season with a loss. A&M won their last game against Texas in their "bowl" type atmosphere game. Two, coaching. Paterno vs. the other side all looking for new jobs. Not much incentive to get fired up. So, I'm with ya.

:cheers:

Fondy you going to take FSU now and take the points or you still like the Cats giving that many

I really wish I'd have more on Kentucky -1, what a great spot that would have been. When I saw the line of -10.5 the other day, I was tempted to take a middle with FSU as I think the remaining players will be ready to go, but thought it wasn't worth middling the 9.5 as I only have $100 on the game. Frankly at the new line, I kind of like FSU but with the spot that they're in, it's almost impossible to say.

Another nice winner... keep the streak going at 4 in row... lmfao

ADDING

$100 Cal -4.5
$100 South Florida -6
$100 Georgia Tech -6
<o></o>
$250 Oklahoma State -5

$100 Auburn +3 -120
$100 Virginia +6

Had a solid day yesterday going 4-2 +$330. Today it's a rather unspectacular 2-3 -$240, but I have two larger plays with USC and Hawaii/Georgia under to get onto the plus side. Disappointing with Wisconsin today, but I'll survive after crying myself to sleep.

Had a solid day yesterday going 4-2 +$330. Today it's a rather unspectacular 2-3 -$240, but I have two larger plays with USC and Hawaii/Georgia under to get onto the plus side. Disappointing with Wisconsin today, but I'll survive after crying myself to sleep.

Hit both of the late games yesterday to finish up around $300 yesterday, nice bowl season keeps going for me.

TODAY... I'm really leaning towards taking West Virginia, but the coaching change has me worried to really hit it. I'll make a $100 or so play shortly before kickoff after I see the line movement, but I strong lean WVU plus points (thinking OK SU).

What do you think about the o/u in this game? I am leaning toward the under right now but haven't seen much talk about it either way.

What do you think about the o/u in this game? I am leaning toward the under right now but haven't seen much talk about it either way.

Good evening Smokebear. While I tend to lean the under with you, I'm laying off because of a few factors. The first is I don't like getting the bad end of a number. I'm not 100% sure what the total opened at, but I see 65 and it's at 60.5 with my local and 61 with my offshore. So a lot of the public is on the under and it's really moving the line. Second, the teams average 61 and 56 points a game this season. Mostly because they're high scoring teams themselves. Their defenses are solid, but they did play sisters of the poor in non-conference which brought down those defensive averages by 3-6 points. Third, because they have such high scoring offenses, even if we see a blow out, you can expect some possible late scores, especially from the WVU side of things -- I wouldn't be surprised if my cover on this game spread came that way.... Fourth, we don't know what health Pat White is in or how WVU will respond to the lack of a coach. I can see things being a bit more of a free for all offensively (more gadget plays that the upperclassmen might have pushed for), and possibly some "oh shit -- easy defensive scores" when things go wrong.

My best advice is if you like the under, take it small. If you're looking to be talked to one side or the other, lay off it.

Thanks for your opinion. I will most likely play the under for 50-100. I am also on OU but luckily I got them at -7, but agree that a backdoor WVU cover is a strong possibility. Good luck with your play.

Back