Fondybadger's 4th of July Big Bang

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
Went 2-2 yesterday losing some serious juice on Milwaukee. Still think they win out or possibly lose one more until the All Star break

Overall MLB Record 299-240-1 +$3291

Money Line Plays 215-145 +$5596
Run Line Plays 33-50 -$1745 (46-37 -$1134)
Totals
48-39-1 -$197
Parlays 3-6 -$363

$180 Cubs -160
Washington is 4-21 when the total is set at 8 or 8.5, and 2-13 at that number at home. The Cubs have struggled this year against lefties whre they've been averaging a .250 BA, a .306 OBP and only 3.6 runs per game. Washington struggles versus lefties as well, getting about 3.9 runs a game, and score even less at home at 3.5 a game with a .245 BA. In nine games Rich Hill has a 2.91 ERA and a sub 1 WHIP. He has struggled though in his last few games. I'd lay under 9, but I can't get a number that has a good enough price for my liking.

$200 Giants -115
If you play the numbers there is no way you can play this game. Matt Cain has superb numbers on the road this season with a 2.44 ERA and a 1.220 WHIP, but the Giants are a pathetic 1-7 in those starts. That's main reason is SF .245 road average and lack of clutch hitting on the road, well the Giants have just struggled hitting period. Cincy has been just as bad though and Matt Belisle has a 7.87 ERA and a 1.687 WHIP in his last three starts.

$300 Phillies -125
$100 Philly/Hou Over 8.5
The last three games for the two starting pitchers have been atrocious. Hamels has a 6.92 ERA with a 1.692 WHIP and Chris Sampson has a 7.71 ERA and a 1.768 WHIP. We all know that Hamels is the much better pitcher and Philly averages 5.5 runs per game versus righties while Houst has struggled versus lefties with a 3.9 runs and a .245 AVG. The Phillies are 3-0 in Hamels career starts versus the Astro's as Hamels has a 3.75 ERA and a 0.831 WHIP. Chris Sampson has a career 8.21 ERA and a 2.347 WHIP in two starts versus the Phillies.

$250 Twins -120
This should be a great game. Santana has turned it on and has gotten into mid season form. With how he started it's about time. He should hold a Yankees team who has struggled against lefties this season to a low run total giving his offense all the chances they can expect. The Yankees seem to have struggled in afternoon games this season and I think some of that might have to do with the age of the Yankees and not being fully rested after night games. I'll gladly lay such a low number with one of the games best.

$400 Brewers +100
Vargas is 4-0 with a 1.60 ERA and a 0.992 WHIP versus the Pirates. The Brewers are 12-2 this season in Vargas's starts. He's done a great job of getting out of jams by limiting hits with runners in scoring position. I look for Vargas to hold his end of the bargain versus Snell and get through 6 innings. The Brewers offense should erupt this afternoon and I'm much more confident in Milwaukee bullpen compared to the Pirates.

- I'll have the 7:00pm games posted up in a little bit. Don't like the Blue Jays enough to lay money on.

Game Leans (555-447 +53.5 units)
My attempt to keep track of a side for most of the games this season. These are NOT plays, but are the side I lean in each match-up. All leans are graded
to win 1 unit on favorites and 1 unit wagered on dogs.
Cubs -160
Giants -115
Phillies -125
Brewers +100
Diamondbacks +120
Mets -135
Padres -210
Dodgers -115
Twins -120
Red Sox -220
Blue Jays +120
White Sox -140
Tigers -130
Mariners -110
Angels -170

GOOD LUCK!!!
:smiley_acbe:

I think almost all are reasonable. Will debate one pick. Phillie. Houston is just playing much better right now and they are 8-2 last 10 at home while Phillie is 4-6 last 10 on the road. Sampson is 5-2 at home and Houston is 7-3 last 10 vs lefties. Do not think Phillie should be favored. BOL on the rest:shake:

I think almost all are reasonable. Will debate one pick. Phillie. Houston is just playing much better right now and they are 8-2 last 10 at home while Phillie is 4-6 last 10 on the road. Sampson is 5-2 at home and Houston is 7-3 last 10 vs lefties. Do not think Phillie should be favored. BOL on the rest:shake:

Some good information to support the other side. I couldn't overlook the season hitting performances for the two teams and the pitching talent difference in that one.

i really like phille as well but i didn't pull the trigger because of the stats i found to support the other side BOL though and happy holiday.

I also think the brew crew gets it done today. Looking hard at it now. Snell worries me though.

BTW- your season long lean record on all games is very interesting. I have tried that before because it keeps you in the loop on every game.. It is very difficult to "bet" every game and end up plus money. Have you applied a system (Ie never bet a favorite over a certain dollar etc.) or are you going with your gut on each play?

Continued success. tw

I also think the brew crew gets it done today. Looking hard at it now. Snell worries me though.

BTW- your season long lean record on all games is very interesting. I have tried that before because it keeps you in the loop on every game.. It is very difficult to "bet" every game and end up plus money. Have you applied a system (Ie never bet a favorite over a certain dollar etc.) or are you going with your gut on each play?

Continued success. tw

I have never used a system to cap my own games. I've followed w3rdy303's baseball one back in the day, but otherwise most of my plays are from watching tons of games or reading a bunch of crap. When I decide how much to wager I don't have any set monetary system. I notice I try to keep games in groups of 3... 3 bigger bets, or 3 average bets... like to take the 2-1 approach on things and that. Have the just win the series approach.

If i could fondy, could i ask you what you think of the padres play tonight, i like the play, but -210 is a lot for team that struggles on scoring runs.

BOL

If i could fondy, could i ask you what you think of the padres play tonight, i like the play, but -210 is a lot for team that struggles on scoring runs.

BOL

It's tough to lay a RL on SD, which is why it has such great value. I hate to lay the -210, but if things are going good around that time it starts, I'd put $50 or so on it. Just hate laying so much to win, less than half.

I can't see how a person could justify taking the Marlins with how Johnson has pitched this season since coming off the DL. Young has been outstanding. You just need to hope the Padre bats don't enjoy a vacation day.

4-2 +$162 in the early games. Glad I made that declaration that the Brewers would go 5-1 or 4-2 at the very worse over their last 6 games before the break. 0-2 so far... doh

time to double up the Brew crew. I actually think they may meet your original prediction.. GL Fondy..

Back