Florida vs. UM---line estimates??

• Thread starter Thread starter O-State
  • Start date Start date
O

O-State

at least 14.

I'm taking Michigan in this despite everything points toward the Gators, momentum, the spread, etc.

Bowl games are weird people. Look hard at the big undedogs in all these games. The time off is big. Wisky vs. Auburn two years ago, remember that, same situation as UF-UM. Michigan always plays well against the SEC.

I have no reasons to support a Michgan play besides the fact that this is a bowl game and matchups that appear to have such a discrepency NEVER play out.

I think thats a bit high IMO. Going to be a shootout. I would take 14 with Michigan. They are a proven great dog. I say the line opens at 8-10 tops.

what BAR said..I'm trying to be objective but UM as a double digit dog is a LOT of points.

Also take in effect It is Uncle Lloyds last game, AND he won't forget Urban's politicking last year. I now it ended up being a moot point as UF deservedly went to the MNC and won...but Lloyd was pissed.

2005 Alamo Nebraska 32, Michigan 28
2004 Rose Texas 38, Michigan 37
2003 Rose USC 28, Michigan 14
2002 Outback Michigan 38, Florida 30
2001 Citrus Tennessee 45, Michigan 17
2000 Citrus Michigan 31, Auburn 28
1999 Orange Michigan 35, Alabama 34 (OT)
1998 Citrus Michigan 45, Arkansas 31
1997 Rose Michigan 21, Washington State 16
1996 Outback Alabama 17, Michigan 14
1995 Alamo Texas A&M 22, Michigan 20
1994 Holiday Michigan 24, Colorado State 14
1993 Hall of Fame Michigan 42, North Carolina State 7
1992 Rose Michigan 38, Washington 31
1991 Rose Washington 34, Michigan 14
1990 Gator Michigan 35, Mississippi 3

Michigan 5-2 in Bowl Games against SEC last 17 years

Gators win this by 20+, theres no way they can slow that offense down, Im still not impressed wiith Michigan, they got beat by app state anyone rememeber that. They only scored 3 points on OSU, whats make you think they score more on FLA?

Michigan is a great program, but it's 07 and i'd be looking at last years rose bowl more so than a victory in 99, but the point of the post is the dogs do bark come bowl season that i agree on.

Gators win this by 20+, theres no way they can slow that offense down, Im still not impressed wiith Michigan, they got beat by app state anyone rememeber that. They only scored 3 points on OSU, whats make you think they score more on FLA?
The weather had alot to do w/ the 3 pts vs tOSU...but the bucks shut down the running game for UM..

If they can't run, they aren't going to spread you out and score...

The Buckeyes game should have no bearing at all...

QB shouldn't have even tried to play and the RB was maybe 75 percent.

Agreed...put the point is Mallett isn't going to beat UF..not this year.
No doubt, not at all. He'll put up points on the UF defense but not in a consistent form. Henne will be better, no doubt granted no surgery yet...so we'll just have to wait and see.

I said 45-34 final last night...I think its in that are still. If Mallet plays whole game bring Michigan down to about 25-28

Ill be pissed if its 14. Was looking for something more in the 8-10 range.

Back