Florida or Michigan?....Who do you think it'll be...Post your choice here..

JumpOnBoard

CTG Partner
Curious to see who can predict the future the best....

I don't have a preference either way as both lost a game and lost control of their destiny....

But I think the voters will choice FLORIDA....

Don't make this your personal preference, just what u THINK will happen...

Brad Edwards says he thinks it will be the Gators, so it probably will be..

gators just because michigan had their chance and i dont think the bcs wants to screw the sec again.

Then we will get to see michigan usc.. which will be a classic :)

Oh yea and i guess that leaves lsu vs notre dame in the sugar rut roe

F
L
O
R
I
D
A

They went 9-1 against BCS schools alone this season, thats nuts.

It will be the Gators. But....if the system was honest....it SHOULD be the Wolverines.

Gators just had too much to jump over and I don't think the win alone would do enough to jump them over Michigan. However, I think the voters...and even the computers...will select Florida to avoid a repeat matchup.

Either way the BCS is proven a broken system again this year.

What about L-ville, too? Since we are talking about 1 loss teams being candidates....

Also, getting back to ABC's thread earlier in the week where LSU was a "lock" for the Rose Bowl...

...Tiger fans better hope that Michigan gets selected for a rematch. If Florida goes, the Rose will be Michigan v. USC.

BCS Guru Update from thewizardofodds.blogspot.com

BCS Guru: It's Ohio State vs. Florida

UCLA's stunning upset of USC has created another controversial finish to the Bowl Championship Series, and when the final BCS rankings are released Sunday, Florida will edge Michigan for the No. 2 spot and a berth opposite Ohio State in the Jan. 8 title game in Glendale, Ariz., the BCS Guru says. The Guru writes: "Despite some shameless campaigning, first by Florida coach Urban Meyer, and then taken to another level by the CBS broadcasters during the SEC championship game, the sentiment against an Ohio State-Michigan rematch is just too great for the BCS voters to move the Wolverines to No. 2. Instead, the Gators will leapfrog Michigan." The system designed to take politics out of college football is coming down to — you guessed it — politics. It will be interesting to pick apart the votes, especially those of the coaches. All this creates the possibility of a split national title and the BCS Guru has it all, so check his site.

When all is said and done, if two teams have the same number of losses and they did not play head-to-head...Strength of Schedule should be the determining factor. Florida played a MUCH tougher schedule than Michigan.

Ohio St -7' over Florida

should be Michigan (If I had to pick from these two teams)

but I would rather see a team like LSU or Louisville

Jump, don't get me wrong, I think the Wolverines are the 2nd best team in the country.

A lot of folks are quick to compare losses; I think a team's overall resume has to be the compelling factor. You have to draw the line somewhere, and overall, SoS is a good place in my opinion.

Pardon me...you're right. He didn't vote.

I wouldn't blame him voting for Michigan for conference support.

I really hope it's Florida. Michigan had their shot, with two gift turnovers and didn't even have a shot at the end to tie it.

Pundits Calling It For Florida
By HornsFan Section: Football
Posted on Sun Dec 03, 2006 at 01:54:06 PM EST

</I>

Kevin at Fanblogs is calling it Florida. Ditto Michigan blogger Brian at MGoBlog. Given the likely tie (or slight Florida edge) in the computers, and the edge for Florida in the already released Coaches Poll, it's all but a lock for Florida. Only a landslide for Michigan in the Harris Poll could get them over the hump.
Thoughts? Me thinks this is a tough break for Michigan, as I tend to believe they're one of the two best teams in the country. But given my aversion to a rematch, I'm okay with Florida getting the nod. I most certainly would not be if I were a Wolverine, though. Damn.

horses said:
When all is said and done, if two teams have the same number of losses and they did not play head-to-head...Strength of Schedule should be the determining factor. Florida played a MUCH tougher schedule than Michigan.

Ohio St -7' over Florida

Florida gets it because of campaigmning and fear of rematch..

That being said..

Florida 1st toughest schedule and Michigan 3rd...NOT THAT much of a difference

Yeah, Florida has it. Might as well change the bowl schedule in my thread.

LSU at home in the Sugar, now. No refunds, Cajuns.

rjurewitz said:
It will be the Gators. But....if the system was honest....it SHOULD be the Wolverines.

Gators just had too much to jump over and I don't think the win alone would do enough to jump them over Michigan. However, I think the voters...and even the computers...will select Florida to avoid a repeat matchup.

Either way the BCS is proven a broken system again this year.

What about L-ville, too? Since we are talking about 1 loss teams being candidates....

I agree totally. I could care less about who gets in but the fact Florida jumps Michigan on the last day because some voters decided to change is a joke.

Look game by game and thats really what bothers me. Florida should have lost to Gamecocks..nearly did to UK and Vandy....LSU giftwrapped a game for them...shit...FSU was right in there till end

Michigan closets was Iowa...being up only 7 in 4th(don't say Ball St...that was an exhibition game...as evidenced by all the subs in second half)

Florida is going...no doubt about it....but as Hunt's signature says....Michigan would be a heavy favorite over Florida...I believe 6-7 points and the BCS is supposed to provide 2 BEST teams....

Just go back to pre bcs days...there was less controversy

LA Times online reporting it will be Florida:

LSU had pre-sold more than 42,000 tickets in advance of making its first-ever Rose Bowl appearance, but UCLA's upset win over previously No. 2 USC on Saturday, coupled with Florida's win over Arkansas in the Southeastern Conference championship game, changed the final pairings.

The BCS bowl lineup is now expected to be:

Rose: USC vs. Michigan.

Sugar: Notre Dame vs. LSU.

Orange: Louisville vs. Wake Forest.

Fiesta: Oklahoma vs. Boise State.

Big Blue no doubt should get their shot. Florida might have had a tough schedule but in all honesty I don't see Michigan having lost to one of those teams. Strength of schedule is one thing... who you lost to is another.

On the road vs. a Auburn team?

On the road vs. the best team in the country?

Wisky would smack anyone in the SEC around, I'm sick of hearing about their conference.

michigan would beat down florida.. all i can say is if florida somehow manages to beat osu and michigan beats usc then maybe a split.

UM and USC..will they even care?

I know Carr has said repeatedly that the players will be very very dissapointed if they didn't get a rematch..have to wonder where their heads are at..a total no bet for me at this point.

Hunt i agree.. would be a bummer to both. Pete and the players are sayin all the right things about the rose bowl was the goal.. but that was a choke job of epic measures.. I mean they had beaten ucla like 7 times in a row, and usc owns the pac 10 wow..

Its a flawed system....2 best teams will not be playing...

Hunt, very true, UM is above politicing.

I honestly don't even care now. It's pointkess to debate it. Over 21 coaches changed their pick due to what??

Florida defense looking shitty against Arky?

Seriously.

At least I don't have something to look forward to for next 35 days...lol

I personally don't feel that either has a case over the other....I think they are both deserving and both put themselves in here by losing a game...

The arguments for both sides can be made and it's a shame only one can play..

I'm with BAR..I don't give a shit anymore.

FLA is in plain and simple...thanks Gary Danielson for teabagging Florida and having your cock in Urban's ass while doing play by play, go fuck yourself Danielson and your parents probably comitted suicide so they didn't have to see your ugly ass ever again.

:shake:

agree

JumpOnBoard said:
I personally don't feel that either has a case over the other....I think they are both deserving and both put themselves in here by losing a game...

The arguments for both sides can be made and it's a shame only one can play..

but what about Boise? just kidding...

anyways, there are #'s for both...and becasue Florida won the SEC, they should go.
do i think Michigan is better, probably. but they didn't win their conf, bottom line.

as far as the stats and numbers...
it's all semantics, and how you present it. espn also skewed some stats this week...before usc lost...that showed Florida as having played the toughest shedule, Michigan was third, and USC was fifth. Yes it wasn't SOS as we all see it...they skewed it to take into account some other things, but basically showed a couple times this week why Florida belonged.

anyways, point is jsut agreeing with Jump. And sayign depending who you got on at espn, a different team deserves it.

bottom line, w/out a playoff...each and every conf needs a champ game. it'll still always be a flawed system, but whether it selects Mich or FLA i'm kinda ok with it again this year.

it was sick to see daminelson kiss floridas ass.. i know cbs is all sec but cmon man get off ur knees ( good point hunt)

well looks like our teams will be playing each other brian, and sadly I don't really care...which is crazy.

michagan and ohio state are constantly getting sucked off by Kirk Hirbstreet or however you spell his name...Theres plenty of big ten love all over the whole country, the media constantly drops to their knees for those two teams...

yeah, I agree, we need a playoff and gary danielson to get fired asap...I will bet you he swayed a lot of votes.

trout,

huh? yesterday was a national holiday for FLorida the way the bias was..gimme a break.

Yeah,
One day out of the year, its not every year that an Sec team can escape the gauntlet of sec interconfrence play and get a chance to play for the national title, they got their day, but the rest of the year its all about the Big 2 oh i meant the big 10

I disagree trout. THe big ten may have been down this year but I think the SEC was too.

courtesy brian at mgoblog.com
BREAK DOWN

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TH>MICHIGAN <TH><TH>FLORIDA <TR><TH colSpan=3>Coaches</TH></TR><TR><TD>Lloyd Carr, an eloquent public speaker, tireless defender of his players, and playoff advocate <TH><TD>Urban Meyer, a inveterate whiner who goes purse shopping when not running the local chapters of NAMBLA and the Communist Party. Also points too much. <TR><TH colSpan=3>Loss</TH></TR><TR><TD>Versus Ohio State's death machine in the ninth level of hell (Columbus, for the unititiated) by three points entirely because of rampant cheating and a slip 'n' slide masquerading as a football field. <TH><TD>Versus Auburn, a team that can't throw or run or do anything except cheat on tests, really. Auburn, like, lost to Georgia, a team that sucks butt. <TR><TH colSpan=3>Best Win</TH></TR><TR><TD>F*#-ING BEAT DOWN of Notre Dame that ruined them psychologically for the next eighty years. <TH><TD>Gifted six turnovers by LSU. Probable 60-point loss if not for completely unforced implosion. <TR><TH colSpan=3>Second Best Win</TH></TR><TR><TD>Comfortable win over wonderful, tested 11-1 Wisconsin team. <TH><TD>Referee-aided win over I-AA Western Carolina. <TR><TH colSpan=3>Common Opponent</TH></TR><TR><TD>Outgained Vanderbilt by 200 yards and won by 20. <TH><TD>Outgained BY Vanderbilt, lucked out 6 point win. <TR><TH colSpan=3>Miracles Received</TH></TR><TR><TD>N/A. <TH><TD>Six hundred blocked kicks versus South Carolina. Reggie Fish's decision to field a punt at his own five over his shoulder. <TR><TH colSpan=3>General Impression Left By Play</TH></TR><TR><TD>Daaaaaamn. <TH><TD>Lolly lolly I want a lolly. <TR><TH colSpan=3>Sided With Who During Civil War?</TH></TR><TR><TD>Union <TH><TD>Confederates</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
On this note, I am out, have a great holiday everyone.

WE will see what happens when arkansas plays wiksy..
I also would like to see what tenny would do to penn st..
And i guess it would be auburn vs iowa..

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Signs point to Florida in title game

Posted: Sunday December 3, 2006 4:38PM; Updated: Sunday December 3, 2006 4:38PM

NEW YORK (AP) -- The early indications are that Florida will play Ohio State for the national championship.

The Gators (12-1) jumped over Michigan (11-1) in the USA Today coaches' poll Sunday, taking a 26-point lead on the No. 3 Wolverines, and a BCS analyst expects Florida to also move into second place in the Bowl Championship Series standings.

The coaches poll and Harris poll -- due out later Sunday -- make up two thirds of the formula used by the Bowl Championship Series in its standings. A compilation of six computer ratings account for the other third.

The top two teams in the final standings, which along with the BCS pairings were to be released Sunday night, play for the national title in Glendale, Ariz., on Jan. 8.

Ohio State (12-0) has already locked up the top spot.

After Southern California blew its chance to play Ohio State with a 13-9 loss to UCLA on Saturday, Florida and Michigan were vying for that second spot.

Jerry Palm, an independent BCS expert, said he anticipated the Gators moving past Michigan in the computer rating. But even if the Gators and Michigan were tied in the computers, Michigan would need a 48-point lead in the Harris poll to wipe out the Gators' lead in the coaches' poll.
That would very much go against the trends, Palm said.

"The polls tend to mirror each other," he said in a telephone interview.
In The Associated Press Top 25, which is not used in the BCS standings, Florida also passed Michigan into second, but held just a three-point advantage.

The Los Angeles Times also reported on its Web site Sunday that Florida would play Ohio State, citing an unidentified BCS source.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Back