Five Casual Picks Article

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Miami Marlins vs. New York Mets

Handicapper Analysis

Marlin starter Daniel Castano is his team's second-most profitable pitcher right now.

Despite being an underdog, Miami looks extra promising today largely because Castano matches up well against Met batters.

Primarily, Castano throws a cutter and slider.

These two pitches combine for over 70 percent of his arsenal.

Met hitters, however, rank 25thin slugging against Castano's favorite pitches from lefties.

New York is starting Trevor Williams tonight, a piece who the Mets like to bounce from their starting rotation to their bullpen and vice versa.

Primarily, Williams throws a fastball. This is easily his favorite pitch.

His dependence on this pitch will cost him today, though, because the Marlins rank 8thin slugging against this pitch from righties.

Best Bet: Marlins ML at +142 (FanDuel)

Detroit Tigers vs. Chicago White Sox

Handicapper Analysis

Tiger starter Beau Brieske promises to keep Chicago's scoring output low.

He is coming off somewhat of a tough-luck outing in which his high ERA masks the 3.61 FIP (like ERA but factors out fielding) that reflects how well he actually performed.

Brieske promises to prolong his promising form today because he matches up well with Chicago's lineup.

Primarily, Brieske throws a fastball, changeup, and slider.

Chicago ranks 28thin slugging against these three pitches from righties.

White Sox starter Dylan Cease will keep this game low-scoring.

He has been consistently solid, yielding one earned run or fewer in each of his last seven starts.

Best Bet: Under 8 at -110 (FanDuel)

Detroit Tigers vs. Chicago White Sox

Handicapper Analysis

Detroit is a massive underdog, but I think its chances of winning are vastly stronger than the odds imply.

For starters, the Tigers are not playing like a team that should be +200 underdogs at the White Sox.

In fact, Detroit is sizzling right now.

It has won four straight games.

During this four-game span, the Tigers have scored a combined total of 28 runs.

Plus, Detroit's starter matches up superbly against White Sox batters given the pitches that he throws.

Primarily, Tiger starter Beau Brieske throws a fastball, changeup, and slider.

Chicago ranks 28thin slugging against Brieske's favorite pitches from righties.

Brieske and Detroit's much hotter lineup will have Chicago on upset alert.

Best Bet: Tigers ML at +205 with FanDuel

Colorado Rockies vs. Arizona Diamondbacks

Handicapper Analysis

Colorado starter Austin Gomber has to face Arizona a second straight time.

In his last start, Gomber conceded four earned runs in 5.2 innings.

Gomber will struggle again tonight because Arizona matches up well against him given the pitches that he throws.

Primarily, Gomber throws a fastball and a slider.

One should expect Diamondback batters to thrive tonight because they rank seventh in slugging against Gomber's favorite pitches from lefties.

But Rockie batters will also hit well today because they are going against Arizona's Dallas Keuchel.

Keuchel has allowed a combined total of 22 earned runs in his last four starts.

Plus, Colorado owns one of the best lefty-hitting lineups.

Best Bet: Over 9.5 at -110 with FanDuel

Chicago Cubs vs. Los Angeles Dodgers

Handicapper Analysis

The Dodgers are hot right now.

They've won seven of their last eight games.

Pertinently to my favorite bet for this game, six of those seven wins came by multiple runs.

Tonight, they are starting 10-0 Tony Gonsolin.

He has yet to allow more than two earned runs in a single start this season.

His consistent success gives the Dodger lineup a strong margin of error.

But the Dodgers will hit well today because they match up well with the Cubs' starter, Mark Leiter Jr.

They rank second in slugging against Leiter Jr.'s favorite pitches from righties.

Best Bet: Dodgers RL at -132 (FanDuel)

This was such a tough card to come up with 5 (you know this), so I don’t wanna nitpick at you too much. So let’s nitpick! Lol.

I don’t think it fair to say Gomber last start vs snakes was poor by any stretch. 5.2 and 4 runs allowed at Coors isnt bad at all imo, I thought he was actually really good Thru 5 innings before kinda losing it in the 6th but that happens to the best pitchers at coors. Im certainly not saying he be good having to now go to zona and face them again, I actually leaned over on this game as well. Just wouldn’t want anyone to get a bad misconception of Gomber for future chances to cash his usually too low out total when he pitches at Coors!!

I have no clue bout doyers matching up with Lieter cause i don’t know a freaking thing bout him, didn’t his dad pitch in bigs? That name familiar! Or is this same guy and just recall some random start he made 20 years ago! He is old for guy who hasn’t been in bigs much!

Back