First Half of the Season UTAH/DENVER B2B's

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
So, obviously the schedule will be fluid this year but we can always keep these in mind.

This is the altitude back-to-back games.

We have one really quick with the Suns..

Dec 31st Phoenix @ Utah
January 1st Phoenix @ Denver

A month later...

February 1st Detroit @ Utah
February 2nd Detroit @ Denver

Obviously, this is the basic structure and we can build around their schedules from there.

*Detroit will be in games 2/3 of a 5 game trip out West

Does this favor the opponent in the first or second of the B2B?
Well, what you are looking for is to play the 2nd game and fade the road team.

The thinking is two games on back to back nights in altitude...

Hoping the legs are gone a bit the 2nd game.

Obviously you then start to factor other things in....the opponent will be Denver...they are off 2 days rest...after back to back Monday and Tuesday..

Tonights game is important because you obviously want Phoenix to be in a tiring matchup that already has them a bit tired going into tomorrow...

In the old days, I would have played Denver on the released lines this afternoon as the line invariably will go up. But, with injuries/rest games/covid... it is tough to attack lines so early.

This isn't a great system, but it is solid.

The Rockets a few years ago blew right through it though.

Phoenix cruising into the mid 4th here up in Utah

This is also going to be a 5th in 7 situation

Setting up pretty solid.

I'd advise a full game play and also to watch live and perhaps a good halftime bet too..

Be curious also as to how teams on the front half of these fare knowing what we know...g2 gonna be a bitch so how do they typically handle the front half?

Be curious also as to how teams on the front half of these fare knowing what we know...g2 gonna be a bitch so how do they typically handle the front half?
As bar said, alot of this appears to hinge on how the first game goes (tiring and down to the wire or blowout or whatever). These coaches are uber aware of the schedule, as they have to be. Looks like all starers for phx played 28+ and booker and a few others played 35+ mins. Would appear to set up well, and we might get lucky with some load management here.

As bar said, alot of this appears to hinge on how the first game goes (tiring and down to the wire or blowout or whatever). These coaches are uber aware of the schedule, as they have to be. Looks like all starers for phx played 28+ and booker and a few others played 35+ mins. Would appear to set up well, and we might get lucky with some load management here.
I get it, been following the b2b altitude angle for awhile now and it's always been about game 2 but we've never really delved into how game 1 has transpired. That's what I'm curious about.

I get it, been following the b2b altitude angle for awhile now and it's always been about game 2 but we've never really delved into how game 1 has transpired. That's what I'm curious about.
I got ya. Seems to me teams either go all out on the front end and have nothing left, or give up halfway thru the 3q of the first game and rest up for the 2nd game. Just my general observations. Would def be interesting to see some correlated data.

Reactions: KJ
Shooting great and playing great defense so far.

Well done Suns. Hopefully a tale of two halves.

Suns legit. Bad spot and they showed up. Maturity of Booker is a thing.
They are.

Gelled pretty quickly...

Winning 4 of 5 in that 7 day stretch is outstanding.

They were toast in OT though if Murray could have forced it.

They are.

Gelled pretty quickly...

Winning 4 of 5 in that 7 day stretch is outstanding.

They were toast in OT though if Murray could have forced it.
Could this be a CP3 thing????
Him with OKC last year and then with the Suns now........

Back