firestone 600

captjohn67

Pretty much a regular
12-21 ( -1.56) halfway point of the season....no one said this was easy

night racing in Ft Worth. What's not to like??

Helio - 13 top 10's in 17 efforts along with 4 wins makes him the clear favorite. Are you concerned with his lackluster performance (7th) at the indy 500?? I am, but let's see what they post on him.

Montoya - leading the points and with 5 of the remaining 8 races being ovals, hard not to like his chances to get a ring. His lone effort here last year resulted in a 3rd, but i think he will win it this year. Please give me a +600 or better.

Dixon - has a win, six top 3's and ten top 10's here in his 15 starts. i wouldn't blame you for backing him at all, but i won't be to win. Matchup?? sure

Power - has a win, three top 3's, and five top 10's in his 7 trips. He turned in a beautiful performance at the brickyard, but came up just a bit short. You simply can't auto fade him on ovals anymore. He avg'd 7.33 on the six ovals last year.

Carpenter - won last year, but only has 5 top 10's in the 13 he has run here. The bonehead (just my opinion) move at indy had me scratching my head. His part tyime racing has me concerned and i doubt i'll have anything to do with him. If i do, i'm feeling a likely fade.

Kanaan - an astounding twelve top 10's, along with six top 3's and a win are very attractive in his 15 trips. His past 3 races have been shit, and i'm just not feeling it. I do that at my own risk, and advise you not to....he'll surface here.

just impatiently waiting for some numbers to be posted....

kanaan -120 pagenaud - pagenaud has raced well here ( two top 10's and a top 5 in his 3 efforts) but i'll play kanaan against him on an oval almost every opportunity i get
rahal +115 kimball - kimball has only one top 10 in 5 efforts and wasn't running at the finish in two of them. Rahal finished 3.9202 seconds behind winner justin wilson in 2012, but the other results are garbage in his 7 starts. Yes i am betting a honda against a chevy, but kimball hasn't really done that well and rahal is in great form.

briscoe +3300 ( 0.05 ) awesome darkhorse angle considering he has finished 12th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 3rd + 9th here. In his lone start in indianapolis this year, he was 5.6687 back when they crossed the bricks. Good enough for a longshot to me in the longest race of the year

montoya is +550 and i am going to think on that for a minute. Want to see a carpenter matchup as well.

thank you Schrute (handshake)

adding munoz -110 marco

also, materiality +625 - it should be mentioned I am not a horse guy, and I hope pharoah brings it home. Find nothing but winners today (clover) :cheers3:

Back