Final score in the Monday night game!

Jumpsinn

Philly Phanatic
Like last year I'm in a straight up pick em contest. The only game I got wrong was CHI against NO. I am tied with two others in first place. Need to nail the final score in the jets vs ATL game. Right now I have 45 in but I would like to hear some thoughts from the members.

I think you're right there. I have this game ~31 - ~13.

That means I'm putting Atlanta anywhere from 27-34, but skewing higher and the Jets from 9 - 17, skewing lower.

I feel 24 is the absolute floor for Atlanta tomorrow.

I do not trust Atlanta's defense. Atlanta (@home) beat the Rams by 7 (conceding 24 pts). I don't buy the Jets being worse than the Rams (Rams D garbage by comparison). Jets held Pats to 13 on the road (Thurs. game acknowledged), where Atlanta conceded 30 to them.

Me thinks MNF could be an ugly little affair, esp. since - in my experience - 2 thrashings by the Fav straight through SNF & MNF haven't been a common occurrence (barring the last couple of weeks of the reg. season), at least from my memory of PT stats since 2000 (the one real exception to this being 2005's season, when the fav went something like 25-9 ATS. That season saw multiple instances of the Fav hammering over both nights).

Last edited:
So which way are you floating BETCrimes lol... I have a feeling one guy is going to pick 39 and the other is going to pick 51 just based off of previous MNF games...Every week so far the guy played 51, even CINCIN at Pitt... If we think this is going to be a low scoring affair, I should probably jump on 38, but I have a feeling it is going to be middled.
45 may be the best number against these two numbers because I would tie 42 and 48 and win 43-47.

Jumpsinn - I'd lean with picking 42. I realise that gives the guy picking 51 more winners in the 40s than what you'd give him mtaking 45, but there's no denying we're "due" a totals correction towards the mean (given the plethora of Over results in the early season thus far), and I can see, like last night, this total being up in the air right towards the end. Plus 42 gives you 41 (per the guy expected to pick 39), and all the other results right around the game total line. Just my pov (off of what I said earlier). Otherwise I can't argue with your 45 since you're clearly not going to pick less than 39 (but if you're to lose, I'd guess the 39 guy wins before the 51).

Lol why way over MO. Thanks for the thoughts gents. I am going to stick with 45 and see where it takes me. Don't want to regret changing, if it hits.

Lol why way over MO. Thanks for the thoughts gents. I am going to stick with 45 and see where it takes me. Don't want to regret changing, if it hits.

The jets have played TB/NE/Buff/Tenny. Each team has a decent but not great defense. Jets have averaged 17 points over the first 4 games. Atlanta is 3rd in the league in passing offense but their pass defense is terrible. Short n sweet. I think both teams will have success throwing the ball. I do agree with BC that there will be a correction. But I feel it's at least 2 weeks away and it will be a strong under current (no pun intended) not a tidal wave. Let's not forget who we are dealing with. THE NFL.It makes more $$$ than the US MINT. Let's not forget the OTHER intangible. That debacle we call Thursday Night Football. Monday night needs to be exciting.

The jets have played TB/NE/Buff/Tenny. Each team has a decent but not great defense. Jets have averaged 17 points over the first 4 games. Atlanta is 3rd in the league in passing offense but their pass defense is terrible. Short n sweet. I think both teams will have success throwing the ball. I do agree with BC that there will be a correction. But I feel it's at least 2 weeks away and it will be a strong under current (no pun intended) not a tidal wave. Let's not forget who we are dealing with. THE NFL.It makes more $$$ than the US MINT. Let's not forget the OTHER intangible. That debacle we call Thursday Night Football. Monday night needs to be exciting.
​BOOM

I didn't see the last quarter, but it seems like that's become the NFL's equivalent of the late innings in baseball. 34 after 3 & you were looking to be right there, then...

Back