Final 30

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
3 teams you'll be looking to fade/play coming down the stretch.

3 Fade Teams:

The Phoenix Suns dependent on what they do with Amare/Nash/Shaq. Don't really know how it could go any further south for these guys than their 17-32 ATS record to date. If they only deal Amare I can't see them making the playoffs and it's hard for me to believe that such a veteran group will find any motivation down the stretch. Best spots likely to be home games against young improving teams where they are still laying 8+ points. Feb. 20, Feb. 24th, Mar. 14th, April 13th all look like good spots.

The Orlando Magic. They've lost 3/5 ATS since Jameer went down (including the game he got hurt in) and I think his loss is being undervalued. They play 8 games in 12 days coming out of the ASB and should really feel the effects of losing Nelson who was having a career year. They've gone 33-17 ATS over their first 50 games and I'd expect them to have some exaggerated lines over the final stretch. They still have the talent and depth to overpower the weaker teams in the league but I think they struggle against the other heavyweights w/out their floor general. Will be looking to play against when during their 4/5 Feb. 24th-28th. Hosting Detroit and @PHI look like the strongest of the games to go against the Magic.

The Minnesota TWolves. This will only last as long as the lines don't get silly. Season down the drain with Jefferson's knee injury. They got outrebounded at home to the Raptors who are the 3rd worst rebounding team in the league. Likely try to fade them at home as the lines are more reasonable. I'll lay DD's with the Lakers coming into town on Feb 22nd and probably bet against the Wolves @home against utah, Por, and Houston. The bright side here for Minny is that they might be able to pull a Spurs and get a Tim Duncan to line up next to Jefferson.

Other candidates: OKC Thunder (Durant's all star weekend ruined their obscurity), Houston (depending on Mcgrady status), Pistons (just based on chemistry problems).

3 Teams to Play

The Memphis Grizzlies. With any luck they can be my OKC Thunder of the first half. They've been dreadful going 20-31 ATS but it seems they might have finally found an identity. Since losing 11 straight ATS decisions they've won 5 of 6 including beating NOH and HOU SU. I'll be playing them right out of the gate on Tuesday @Utah depending on AK and Boozer status. Feb 24th @CLE (first half play for sure), actually pretty much their first 10 games out of the break I'll look for a reason to play them. Think they'll be competitive in losing.

GSW Warriors. Home games preferred with these guys. Team is healthy and played really well into the break. Still can't count on them to being motivated out on the road, but should still put on some good shows for the home crowds. Like them against any WC playoff team at home so will probably play them hosting the Lakers on the Wednesday, Dallas on March 13th, Phoenix on the March 15th, Hornets April 3rd, Rockets April 10th, and Spurs on April 14th. They'll have some impact on the seedings in the WC before it's over I can pretty much promise that.

Philadelphia 76ers as long as they don't do something stupid and trade Andre Miller. Now that Brand is out the team should go back on another nice roll. They're 11-17 ATS with him in the lineup and 14-8 ATS w/o him. Haven't really highlighted many spots with them. Just expect them to play over .500% ball (ATS wise) down the stretch. Likely to play on them their first 8 games out of the break. Schedule does get difficult towards the end capped with playing Cle, @TOR, BOS, @CLE to end the season.

Other candidates: Utah Jazz (once they get Boozer and AK back in the swing), Atlanta Hawks (again a health deal, but love them to actually knock off on of the big 3 in the EC playoffs), and Charlotte/MLW (just the two underrated teams that continue to cover and get no respect).

Similar thoughts as well.

Loving GSW and Philly in 2nd half of the season. Atlanta, its all about if Horford is healthy. They are twelve games above .500 when he is healthy I believe.

You mentioned a Detroit spot against Orlando. Crazy five game trip for Detroit there fwiw

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=table_row2_team style="PADDING-LEFT: 4px; BORDER-LEFT: #b3b3b3 1px solid" align=left vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">Sun.</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">22</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">@ Cavaliers</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">8:00 PM</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle>
</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=table_row2_team style="PADDING-LEFT: 4px; BORDER-LEFT: #b3b3b3 1px solid" align=left vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">Tue.</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">24</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">@ Heat</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">7:30 PM</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle>
</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=table_row2_team style="PADDING-LEFT: 4px; BORDER-LEFT: #b3b3b3 1px solid" align=left vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">Wed.</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">25</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">@ Hornets</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">8:00 PM</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle>
</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=table_row2_team style="PADDING-LEFT: 4px; BORDER-LEFT: #b3b3b3 1px solid" align=left vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">Fri.</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">27</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">@ Magic</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">7:00 PM</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle>
</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=table_row1_team style="PADDING-LEFT: 4px" align=left colSpan=6 vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">March </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 20px"><TD class="table_row4_team uppercase bold" style="PADDING-LEFT: 4px" align=left vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">DAY</TD><TD class="table_row4_team uppercase bold" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 3px" align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">DATE</TD><TD class="table_row4_team uppercase bold" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 3px" align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">OPPONENT</TD><TD class="table_row4_team uppercase bold" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 3px" align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">TIME (ET)</TD><TD class="table_row4_team uppercase bold" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 3px" align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">BLOG</TD><TD class="table_row4_team uppercase bold" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 3px" align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">RECAP</TD></TR><TR><TD class=table_row2_team style="PADDING-LEFT: 4px; BORDER-LEFT: #b3b3b3 1px solid" align=left vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">Sun.</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">1</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">@ Celtics</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">1:00 PM</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle>
</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

1. Golden State
2. Philadelphia
3. Atlanta

1. Orlando
2. Detroit
3. Phoenix(depends on trades obviously)

I malso think Miami will get overvalued a bit. Way too much talk about how the trade has transformed them into dangerous. Unless D-Wade pulls an MJ or Bernard King in first round and averages about 44 a game they are out early.

Similar thoughts as well.

Loving GSW and Philly in 2nd half of the season. Atlanta, its all about if Horford is healthy. They are twelve games above .500 when he is healthy I believe.

You mentioned a Detroit spot against Orlando. Crazy five game trip for Detroit there fwiw

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=table_row2_team style="PADDING-LEFT: 4px; BORDER-LEFT: #b3b3b3 1px solid" align=left vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">Sun.</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">22</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">@ Cavaliers</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">8:00 PM</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle>
</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=table_row2_team style="PADDING-LEFT: 4px; BORDER-LEFT: #b3b3b3 1px solid" align=left vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">Tue.</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">24</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">@ Heat</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">7:30 PM</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle>
</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=table_row2_team style="PADDING-LEFT: 4px; BORDER-LEFT: #b3b3b3 1px solid" align=left vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">Wed.</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">25</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">@ Hornets</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">8:00 PM</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle>
</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=table_row2_team style="PADDING-LEFT: 4px; BORDER-LEFT: #b3b3b3 1px solid" align=left vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">Fri.</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">27</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">@ Magic</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">7:00 PM</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle>
</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=table_row1_team style="PADDING-LEFT: 4px" align=left colSpan=6 vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">March </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 20px"><TD class="table_row4_team uppercase bold" style="PADDING-LEFT: 4px" align=left vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">DAY</TD><TD class="table_row4_team uppercase bold" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 3px" align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">DATE</TD><TD class="table_row4_team uppercase bold" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 3px" align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">OPPONENT</TD><TD class="table_row4_team uppercase bold" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 3px" align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">TIME (ET)</TD><TD class="table_row4_team uppercase bold" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 3px" align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">BLOG</TD><TD class="table_row4_team uppercase bold" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 3px" align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">RECAP</TD></TR><TR><TD class=table_row2_team style="PADDING-LEFT: 4px; BORDER-LEFT: #b3b3b3 1px solid" align=left vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">Sun.</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">1</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">@ Celtics</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle vNAwE="3" oIqxp="0">1:00 PM</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle>
</TD><TD class=table_row2_team align=middle> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ya that's real ugly. Hadn't actually matched up all the spots that I mentioned with the other teams' schedule yet. Can't see myself playing Detroit in the middle of that mess. They may be outside the top 8 at the end of that trip. Brutal.

I agree on the Minny deal I told a buddy we will win maybe 5 games the rest of the year, with 3 of them coming when other teams are tanking worse than we are. Big Al's injury gives us the best oppurtunity to have the worst record, and for us to have the best chance at landing the #1 pick. A few things that bother me about this though is 1.) IMHO there isnt a D-Rose/Beasley in this years draft, there are alot of good players...with Blake Griffin being as close to elite as there is, but I think he needs work on the defensive side. 2.) Kevin Mchale has always made the decisions come draft day, and he hasn't made a smart one since 1995. So shitting in one hand and wishing in the other is the likely combo here. We need to trade Mike Miller to a contender for either a young guy, or a late pick. We also have potentially 4 1st round picks next year.

Ya that's real ugly. Hadn't actually matched up all the spots that I mentioned with the other teams' schedule yet. Can't see myself playing Detroit in the middle of that mess. They may be outside the top 8 at the end of that trip. Brutal.

Exactly, they have home games with Milwaukee and San Antonio before that this week. Facing a 1-6 or 2-5 start to second half.

I think the Suns will be better with Porter gone

That depends. A lot has to do with personel. They might as well ship Shaquille out right now because the rumors I hear is its back to uptempo if its Gentry coaching. That takes away what O'Neal has been doing this year. I've watched Gentry coached teams, they don't stress defense. So, it will be about the same as now with less inside presence and some more hovas.

Only thing that scares me about Philly is they play a ton of games OTR from Tuesday till March 31st there not at home for more than 4 days at a time. From March 17th -Aprile 9th, They only have 5 home games mixed in there. They also have to finish off the season with a 3 game road stand and then travel home to play Boston/Clev and go OTR to play Clev/Toronto. Lucky for them Clev/Bost will probably resting, and Toronto will be tanking for a lotto pick.

I agree on the Minny deal I told a buddy we will win maybe 5 games the rest of the year, with 3 of them coming when other teams are tanking worse than we are. Big Al's injury gives us the best oppurtunity to have the worst record, and for us to have the best chance at landing the #1 pick. A few things that bother me about this though is 1.) IMHO there isnt a D-Rose/Beasley in this years draft, there are alot of good players...with Blake Griffin being as close to elite as there is, but I think he needs work on the defensive side. 2.) Kevin Mchale has always made the decisions come draft day, and he hasn't made a smart one since 1995. So shitting in one hand and wishing in the other is the likely combo here. We need to trade Mike Miller to a contender for either a young guy, or a late pick. We also have potentially 4 1st round picks next year.

The Mchale thing def. sucks. Maybe he'll get canned before the draft after the team loses 18 in a row. :) Well you can always hope anyway. Still trying to figure out how Minny doesn't get killed on the glass in every game from here out. Kevin Love has some work in front of him.

In regards to Minnesota and what I see out of them, I imagine we will see a shit ton of overs. This team didnt play alot of defense to big with, but with out a low post presence, they will be chucking up alot of 3s. With that comes baskets in transition ala overs. Also teams with low post players that are dominate will likely just destroy us. I predict alot of opposing team's TT cashing would be surprised if we didnt allow under 105 the rest of the way.

I think the Suns will be better with Porter gone

That depends. A lot has to do with personel. They might as well ship Shaquille out right now because the rumors I hear is its back to uptempo if its Gentry coaching. That takes away what O'Neal has been doing this year. I've watched Gentry coached teams, they don't stress defense. So, it will be about the same as now with less inside presence and some more hovas.

If they trade Amare, keep Shaq and then go uptempo again I'll never give Al Davis shit again for being the worst personnel manager in sports. Steve Kerr would have the title. I just don't see how the Suns get motivated with any coach at this point. Just a bunch of aging veterans who are happy to be in PHX now only because the weather is awesome. Most would probably prefer to be traded to a contender. This shit has sunk quickly.

The Mchale thing def. sucks. Maybe he'll get canned before the draft after the team loses 18 in a row. :) Well you can always hope anyway. Still trying to figure out how Minny doesn't get killed on the glass in every game from here out. Kevin Love has some work in front of him.

I doubt Mchale will get canned, I talked to a guy at a high school BBALL recently that used to coach the gophers...I can't remember his name, but he told me Kevin Love said the guys hated Wittman...apparently he was really negative. But that they enjoy playing for Mchale, and Mchale doesnt take shit from any of his players (benching McCants for traveling to bang Chloe Kardashian and missing practice) I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay, no doubt they improved once he got in there, and maybe he found his calling. But if he is still making the GM decisions come draft day, well then :hang:

If I were Danny Ferry, I would be on the phone with Kerr finding out exactly what he wants for Amare. Even if he has to ship Boobie Hixson, Sasha, Wally, and someone not named Mo, Lebron or Z, I would do it.

Like Killa said they dont even need to finish the season. Ferry gets this done. He does the following.

1.) Wins multiple Ships
2.) Lebron doesnt wear a knick or nets jersey

Are Steve Kerr's credentials that he provided good game by game coverage on TNT? Seriously.

Charlotte could very well sneak into the last playoff spot in the East. There 5 games back in the east right now, and they play defense. They do have two games on 3/31-4/1 that I will fade the shit out of them no matter what the number. They have quite a few road games, but most of them are winnable. Luckily for them they play Orland/Houston/San An early, and the rest could go either way, besides when they play Boston on 4-1. What could be tough for them is they play 5/7 against teams that potentially could be going for the same exact playoff spot

I (as well as Philly GM Ed Stefanski) am totally torn on what to do with Andre Miller.

On one hand, you have the guy who makes the team go, is the guy who keeps it all together and gets tough baskets when you need him. Theyre obviously way better with him than without him.

On the other hand, you have a team thats ceiling with him is probably the 2nd round of the playoffs. Its also up against the cap thanks to the abortion that was the Elton Brand signing. This means theres no room to go sign anyone next year to add to the squad. Also, Miller has given absolutely ZERO inclination that he wants to be here past this year. Only thing hes said about his future is that hes a 'west coast guy'

So, do you keep him, possibly make the second round of the playoffs, lose him for nothing next year and regress or do you try and trade him for a couple pieces to add to the young core???

I guess it all comes down to what people offer for him, but I know for a fact that theyre at least listening to offers...

If I were Danny Ferry, I would be on the phone with Kerr finding out exactly what he wants for Amare. Even if he has to ship Boobie Hixson, Sasha, Wally, and someone not named Mo, Lebron or Z, I would do it.

Like Killa said they dont even need to finish the season. Ferry gets this done. He does the following.

1.) Wins multiple Ships
2.) Lebron doesnt wear a knick or nets jersey

I totally disagree with this

Amare plays ZERO defense, doesnt rebound and has stated publicly that he wants to be THE guy and have the teams offense go through him...

I dont know if I fuck with the chemistry that got Cleveland where it is...

Amare Stoudamire might be the most overrated player in the NBA

Thinking Bobcats and Clippers are both likely to be regular plays for a while. Collins back as a second credible point guard coupled with Randolph and Camby giving the team good veteran leadership and a very real offense should be money. Defense still a problem as is Davis but still see steady undervalue.

I (as well as Philly GM Ed Stefanski) am totally torn on what to do with Andre Miller.

On one hand, you have the guy who makes the team go, is the guy who keeps it all together and gets tough baskets when you need him. Theyre obviously way better with him than without him.

On the other hand, you have a team thats ceiling with him is probably the 2nd round of the playoffs. Its also up against the cap thanks to the abortion that was the Elton Brand signing. This means theres no room to go sign anyone next year to add to the squad. Also, Miller has given absolutely ZERO inclination that he wants to be here past this year. Only thing hes said about his future is that hes a 'west coast guy'

So, do you keep him, possibly make the second round of the playoffs, lose him for nothing next year and regress or do you try and trade him for a couple pieces to add to the young core???

I guess it all comes down to what people offer for him, but I know for a fact that theyre at least listening to offers...

I could see how that's def. a rock and a hard place. He'd make the Blazers a very scary team if he was running point out in Portland.

Games I would look to fade the lakers would be.

2-18 @ GSW
Lakers on b2b, which isnt a big deal with the rest...but I guess it could be considered, because most of them have been in PHX all week. But they have NO on deck.

3-6 @ home against Minny
Line will likely be in the 15-18 range, but they have a 3 game road trip on deck against Portland/Houston/San An.

4-9 @ Home against Denver
They more than likely will be going for a sweep here, against Denver. They will be 2 games off a big road trip, where they will have played the Clippers and Sac...depending on the R/T results those two games will likely be pick me up games....they also have Portland on deck the next night...which will likely be a revenge game.

and id take jarred bayliss, a pick and contracts for him in a heartbeat....

but i dont think they want to offer up bayliss

if they did, hed be in portland asap

Most overrated--let me mention Baron Davis here :hang:
Will add that today in NHL Atlanta as a dog play getting around 85 cents plus is mandatory to any positional bettor.

Thinking Bobcats and Clippers are both likely to be regular plays for a while. Collins back as a second credible point guard coupled with Randolph and Camby giving the team good veteran leadership and a very real offense should be money. Defense still a problem as is Davis but still see steady undervalue.

Completely overlooked the Clipps which is a good sign for playing them. Def. under the radar. Wish they could move Baron though. Their biggest chance for improvement is honestly @home. Can't believe they have a better road record than home record. Almost unheard of.

I totally disagree with this

Amare plays ZERO defense, doesnt rebound and has stated publicly that he wants to be THE guy and have the teams offense go through him...

I dont know if I fuck with the chemistry that got Cleveland where it is...

Amare Stoudamire might be the most overrated player in the NBA

Smoke, I understand what your saying here. But there is obvious turmoil down in PHX right now...Clev would be stupid to say no to any trade that doesnt rid them of Mo/Bron/West or Z to get Amare....winning cures all in all sports, and Amare would be traded to a winner...also Bron is the closest thing to god in any sport, and Amare knows this...I dont care how big your head is and how bad you want to be the man...if your playing with bron your 2nd fiddle...but like I said winning cures all, and that is imho all Amare needs.

Think they play with a major chip on their shoulder for the rest of the season. Only thing I am worried about is Kaman. Suspect the team sees him the way I do which is not good but they still need to play him so they can trade him.

You can have Tony Allen and Big Baby for him

I know Amare has real talent but his mind is not right and a team in the playoffs does not need issues. He should be traded to some site like the Knicks for Lee if they fall for it but salary issues stop that. Maybe --truth is I would have trouble thinking of a place that should take him.

I know Amare has real talent but his mind is not right and a team in the playoffs does not need issues. He should be traded to some site like the Knicks for Lee if they fall for it but salary issues stop that. Maybe --truth is I would have trouble thinking of a place that should take him.

I'll give you Boozer for him

Sorry, Amare is a bad cold but Boozer is a permanent cancer. If I was a GM a unbreakable rule would be
Take NO ONE NOT DURABLE. I would never take any semi permanent dl candidate.

Detroit over in nhl just cashed. Have not been posting much but have been doing well there for a while.

Do not think he will be available. Whole town likes him and he has the star quality you need in LA and he likes the town. Owner wants to see some wins and Dungleavy knows where they would come from. Camby is and will remain a Clipper. If that team had had a good coach--sickens me to think about it. That game against the Bucks and the mutual insanity with D'Antoni and Nelson where they tried to wreck both teams show how over rated these joke coaches.

Sorry, Amare is a bad cold but Boozer is a permanent cancer. If I was a GM a unbreakable rule would be
Take NO ONE NOT DURABLE. I would never take any semi permanent dl candidate.

Hilarious that the Heat signing O'neal is likely going to keep Boozer from becoming a FA this offseason which will cause the jazz to lose Millsap. This is the Jazz's final chance to make a serious run as we they exist now. Lots of players playing for contracts hence I think they'll be a serious thread down the stretch.

And you are right Tuck. Somebody is going to give Boozer huge money and he's going to be hurt the entire time. No way I'd sign him to a long term deal if I was a GM

Raptors have a very soft sched. in the 2H of the season.
Colangelo has stated that this trade was for now.
The talent and players are there, chemistry was the biggest problem this year.
Raptors think 19-8 in final 27 gets you into the playoffs.

Raptors have a very soft sched. in the 2H of the season.
Colangelo has stated that this trade was for now.
The talent and players are there, chemistry was the biggest problem this year.
Raptors think 19-8 in final 27 gets you into the playoffs.

With so many teams in front of them I think they're about two games short with their projections. Probably going to have to past Detroit rather than MLW to get in. Only about 4 or 5 games that they'll have little chance of winning out of those 27 though. CLE (first game with Marion), @DAL, @HOU, @PHI, @ORL will all be pretty damn hard to win and that's not including hosting Utah and @PHO. Other than those games every game on their schedule is extremely winnable.

I malso think Miami will get overvalued a bit. Way too much talk about how the trade has transformed them into dangerous. Unless D-Wade pulls an MJ or Bernard King in first round and averages about 44 a game they are out early.

Oh yeah .. bring out the bernard king reference.

great player no one ever mentions. pure scorer.

Trying to cap Tuesdays card is getting pretty hard for me. Is there a specific way teams react to coming from the asb in your experiences?

As far as phoenix for the rest of yr I was loving the jrich trade once it happened as I knew they'd be great fades. Nothing like a team with no identity, no defense, and big names. However, I think that if this team restructures from trades, they may be good plays. Obviously need to see go gets traded for who, but if they can get the right peices for amare, they might get some value in lines. NBA su success is obviously way different from ats success, and in some cases they are complete opposites (okc, minny, phoenix). With many probable moves coming from phx, way too early to get any read on them imo. Any info on this new coach? Both x and o's philosophy and as a motivator?

Completely agree about Orlando with no nelson.

Hilarious that the Heat signing O'neal is likely going to keep Boozer from becoming a FA this offseason which will cause the jazz to lose Millsap. This is the Jazz's final chance to make a serious run as we they exist now. Lots of players playing for contracts hence I think they'll be a serious thread down the stretch.

And you are right Tuck. Somebody is going to give Boozer huge money and he's going to be hurt the entire time. No way I'd sign him to a long term deal if I was a GM

are you saying that there's a real chance you lose millsap? i've loved that motherfucker since the latech days---won me a boatload of money his senior year carrying that team on his back---anyways he may not be the best pf in the league, but he'd be my absolute first choice. i just nut my pants at the thought of him at the 4 in a cavs jersey

are you saying that there's a real chance you lose millsap? i've loved that motherfucker since the latech days---won me a boatload of money his senior year carrying that team on his back---anyways he may not be the best pf in the league, but he'd be my absolute first choice. i just nut my pants at the thought of him at the 4 in a cavs jersey

Man I should proofread before I submit something. That was a trainwreck of a post you quoted. lol

Yes on losing him. He's a FA at the end of this year while Boozer has a player option. With the luxury cap # likely to fall this offseason the Jazz have no chance of keeping both. They can lock up Millsap and then officially lose Boozer after next season or pass on Millsap and HOPE to re-sign Boozer after next year. I think they'll fuck it up and lose both of them honestly. Millsap has played awesome this year and I love the dude, but he doesn't command the same attention that Carlos does. Jazz are in a tough spot here.

3 teams you'll be looking to fade/play coming down the stretch.

3 Fade Teams:

The Phoenix Suns dependent on what they do with Amare/Nash/Shaq. Don't really know how it could go any further south for these guys than their 17-32 ATS record to date. If they only deal Amare I can't see them making the playoffs and it's hard for me to believe that such a veteran group will find any motivation down the stretch. Best spots likely to be home games against young improving teams where they are still laying 8+ points. Feb. 20, Feb. 24th, Mar. 14th, April 13th all look like good spots.

:hang:

Obviously the Clipps didn't put up much of a fight, but still have to respect the new energy the Suns have. Instant move from fade to play side, but they're to public to really find much value after the last two nights.

:hang:

Obviously the Clipps didn't put up much of a fight, but still have to respect the new energy the Suns have. Instant move from fade to play side, but they're to public to really find much value after the last two nights.

Coaching change.

Plus its the Clippers. Gotta ride it out but wait for the inflation in a few weeks then its on....going to look over their schedule in a bit to see whats coming up.

Back