Final 2008 AP Poll: 1) Florida, 2) Utah

majent

Oklahoma Sooners
(Don't shoot the messenger)

Florida received 48 first-place votes, Utah received 16 first-place votes, USC received 1 first-place vote.

This is the 10th time in the 11 yrs of the BCS that the AP champion has matched the BCS champion, which gives more credibility, not less, to the BCS system. Not my opinion, just stating what should be considered fact after people complain about so much "controversy" over who's #1 but 10 out of the 11 yrs of the BCS's existence, the AP final #1 agrees with it. This lends more credibility to the BCS, whether we like it or not.

2 things:

1) The voting media, which has no tie-in to the BCS, had the opportunity to do what many believe is "the right thing" by voting 13-0 Utah #1, but they chose, by a decisive 3 to 1 ratio, to put 13-1 Florida ahead of Utah. Now, it's not just the BCS alone, but the media also who should be blamed for supporting the current system and all of the problems that so many fans seem to have with it.

2) Please don't direct your anger about this towards me because I could give a rat's *ss who is #1 in the AP.

Take care, and may the offseason treat you all very well. Carry on without me because for me the offseason begins right this minute.

:shake:

what a joke, they should (remove the guy who voted USC 1) and slap these other idiots in the head who voted FL #1. FL should have lost that game last night if not for Stoops calling such a shitty game, and even though they won, neither team looked like a # 1 team at all last night. Stupid AP voters, Fuck the BCS system and the AP voters!!!

I'll never listen to another word from Fowler and Herbfuck again. If they even hint that they think the BCS system is messed up they should be canned after voting Utah #5.

Chris Fowler, ESPN (5th)
John Hunt, Portland Oregonian (5th)
Kirk Herbstreit, ESPN (5th)
Bill Cole, Winston-Salem (N.C.) Journal (5th)
Eric Hansen, South Bend (Ind.) Tribune (5th)
Herb Gould, Chicago Tribune (5th ... this cocksucker voted us 10th in the 2004 final poll, IIRC)

Yeah, I never would have put Utah at 5. They're either second or fourth.

Second if you ignore the wins of USC and Texas, fourth if you don't.

Florida
USC/Texas
Utah
OU
etc.

or

Florida
Utah
USC/Texas
OU
etc.

Also, knowing that Florida would get the number one in the BCS gave all these AP guys the cover to actually vote for Utah and that some of them dropped the Utes to 5th is a joke.

I'll never listen to another word from Fowler and Herbfuck again. If they even hint that they think the BCS system is messed up they should be canned after voting Utah #5.

Chris Fowler, ESPN (5th)
John Hunt, Portland Oregonian (5th)
Kirk Herbstreit, ESPN (5th)
Bill Cole, Winston-Salem (N.C.) Journal (5th)
Eric Hansen, South Bend (Ind.) Tribune (5th)
Herb Gould, Chicago Tribune (5th ... this cocksucker voted us 10th in the 2004 final poll, IIRC)

FYI, I never miss the 2-hr college gameday Sat mornings nor do I miss the late evening one after the Sat games and Fowler has, on SEVERAL occasions, asked openly for a playoff and has questioned the system. He did again last night, after the game, saying, "what kind of clarity do we have". He believed an argument could be made for USC and Texas being #1, as well as Utah who he mentioned "went down to the Sugar Bowl and thumped Alabama".

Then he votes Utah #5.

Too funny.

where did you get the votes of individuals J?

I found that list on a Utah fan site. There is a site that lists them. I'll see if I can't find it.

FYI, I never miss the 2-hr college gameday Sat mornings nor do I miss the late evening one after the Sat games and Fowler has, on SEVERAL occasions, asked openly for a playoff and has questioned the system. He did again last night, after the game, saying, "what kind of clarity do we have". He believed an argument could be made for USC and Texas being #1, as well as Utah who he mentioned "went down to the Sugar Bowl and thumped Alabama".

Then he votes Utah #5.

Too funny.

Good to hear that he's all about a playoff system. I'm not much of a Gameday fan so I never really watch it. So dumb that he wants a playoff system and then has the opportunity to help throw another wrench in the system and votes Utah 5th. What a clown.

That's the Coaches' Poll. And he can't do that by contract. He'd lose his vote.

Yep. I thought that Meyer lost his vote for doing that exact thing recently and Kyle Whittingham will lose his vote for voting Utah #1 this year.

I like that the Utah coach did it. What the f**k does he care, it's not like Utah even counts to the BCS. Good for him.

The AP voters chose not to use their vote for a protest. Clearly many of them thought UF was the best team in the nation. After seeing them beat OU it was another piece of evidence that supported it, but they don't KNOW and that is the problem. Most of those same voters thought Alabama was the #1 team for half the season. The only way to know is to play it out on the field.

The mere fact that the #1 ranking is given to many different teams in a given year is evidence enough for me that nobody knows for sure.

Let's just just skip March Madness this year. Have UNC and Pitt play for the championship and call it good, then we can get on with baseball. That is basically how the BCS operates.

Back