Fight Night ~ JUL 24 ~ TJ's back!

mrpickem

SDQL Badass Stat Boss
Fair card goes early today: 4pm est start

1627152261802.png

1627152300487.png

random musing on prelims...
  • Eubanks Sub ...Dropping down to Flyweight after a mixed bag of performances at Bantamweight, Sijara Eubanks is back baby. Despite the checkered record, Eubanks has taken clear steps to develop her entire game. 1627152453941.png Already a solid grappler, her boxing has improved considerably, with her jab proving a potent threat if it lands early. Last-minute replacement, Elise Reed, is a durable striker and Cage Fury FC Strawweight Champion. Although Reed is a solid fighter, she will be giving up almost two divisions worth of weight as Eubanks will enter as a huge Flyweight today.
  • Arce ...Dropping down to Bantamweight, Arce’s well-rounded technical skillset means he can handle himself well anywhere the fight goes. Unfortunately for Arce, he lacks the ability to control the direction of a fight and often fights to an opponent’s tune. Ewell is a rangy powerful striker with a healthy volume behind his 75″ reach but an equal inability to lead fights. Uncomfortable fighting in the pocket, Arce can pepper Ewell with hard shots and stumble into his grappling advantage – whether he directly seeks it or not.
  • Yanez ITD ...In a match-up between heavy-hitting prospects, Yanez is the far more well-rounded fighter. While there are still flaws to Yanez’s game, primarily his hands-low style, he is a deadly sniper on the counter. While Costa’s one-shot lights-out power will never write him out of any contest, Yanez needs only to survive the first round to limit Costa’s danger.
  • Heinisch Decision ...Despite being relatively excited about Imavov’s invitation to the UFC, he has failed to show any grit to work himself off the cage. It’s a shame as the Frenchman is a skyscraper with a decent eye for a counter. With a frame to grow into a solid Middleweight name, Imavov’s style is too easily exploited by the grinding wrestlers that dominate Middleweight – which Heinisch proudly represents. Classic overhand into single/double leg takedowns, massively durable and willing to wade through danger, this should prove a far easier match-up after Kelvin Gastellum.
  • Allen Sub ...There’s still a lot to learn about the undefeated, Punahele Soriano. With nuclear power in both hands, Soriano’s tendency to throw everything behind his shots won’t be punished by the tame counter-striking of Allen. Instead, Soriano’s wrestling background needs to be called upon. As honest as a fighter as you will find, Allen aims to take opponents down early and grapple them into exhaustion. This match-up isn’t one designed to go the distance.

1627152332920.png

those look like looselines odds. I'm in the middle of signing up for that site also. They have pretty good prices on ufc.

those look like looselines odds. I'm in the middle of signing up for that site also. They have pretty good prices on ufc.
Definitely, I recently join looseline, good odds and many available props :breakdance:

Fight 1
  • 1.02/1 DIANA BELBITA -102
This first fight may feature 2 of the worse fighters you'll ever find in the UFC. I'm on Diana strictly based on height/length advantage as well was willingness to move forward and throw
1627157103307.png

[1-0 +1u]
  • 3/4.2 SIJARA EUBANKS (W) INSIDE DISTANCE +140
  • 2/2 FIGHT DOES NOT GO DISTANCE-ELISE REED/SIJARA EUBANKS +100

wm7OVZN.jpeg

Curious to see the criteria the judges use that gives Barber either of the first two rounds, that lame takedown in the 2nd was really nothing but a good attempt

Well, that was a shitty decision :doggie:

[6-5 +1.36u]
  • 1.4/1.75 Darren Elkins +125
  • 1.08/1 (DARRICK MINNER vs DARREN ELKINS) OVER 2.5 ROUNDS -108

1627171498295.png

[7-8 -1.88u]
  • 2/1.9 CORY SANDHAGEN INSIDE DISTANCE -105

WOW! Fucked again, that decision was worse than Barber. :thumbsdown3:

the main thots.
Ievqeua.jpg

• Sandhagen ...The key to Dillashaw’s success on the night will be whether he can consistently work off the front foot. Although possessing slick head movement, Sandhagen’s range and Dillashaw’s un-coordinated backwards footwork will unravel overextended exchanges. Instead, Dillashaw needs to drown Sandhagen in volume and force the taller fighter to the cage. While single or double legs are ill-advised due to Sandhagen’s tendency to immediately latch upon a kimura, Sandhagen has shown weaknesses against the body lock. If Dillashaw can mix his wrestling in with his striking, he can force a gruelling pace that Sandhagen will struggle to survive with by the championship rounds. Of course, Sandhagen’s masterful jab and feints, in addition to the 5″ height and 3″ reach advantage he will enjoy on the night, are tough hurdles for a thirty-five-year-old coming off a two-year layoff. While Dillashaw should still probably be favored, form is a hugely important factor in fighting and personally, too many questions surround what version of TJ will appear on Saturday to fully trust the former champ’s success. If TJ looks great and wins early, it wouldn't be a huge surprise...

5CJX2h2.jpeg
If I could have got just one of the 2 terrible decisions, I would have shown a profit...but it wasn't to be as I had my first losing night in just over a month. You have to give it to TJ, dude battled through adversity of tweaked knee and terrible cut over eye. He was the more aggressive, controlled the octagon and basically bullied Cory. Personally I believe Cory should have won based on cleaner striking and damage...but it was close and no where near the robbery as Phillips & Maverick.

1627208538965.png

Back