• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Fight Night 227 ~ Noche

mrpickem

SDQL Badass Stat Boss
Fight Night 227

Prelims
  • KNUTSSON debuts as a potential top prospect based off a kickboxing background with solid grappling added. Although only 6-0 in her pro career she looked good in her DWCS fight, so good in fact it was a surprise Dane didn't reward her with a contract. Her original opponent withdrew so she gets another debutante on short notice. Odds make this a hard one to play, so even the I like Knuts, I can't lay that number, so I'll play over.
  • Fight 2 may as well be 2 newcomers as well as only Reyes has a single UFC fight (2017 loss to Mike Perry Round 1 KO). Reyes didn't last 2 minutes that time and tonight he get a serious puncher with huge power. Likely this one ends with Reyes once again getting finished early.
  • Cortez goes next for the first time in 16 months but has looked great winning her last 10 (4 in UFC). Hopefully Tracy don't show too much rust after the time off, but it's Mexican day and her head seems to be in a better place, so I'll back her in a tight matchup...likely by decision.
  • Two flyweight strikes look to impose their will next with Lacerda trying to control distance so he can get off heavy strikes and big kicks. Chairez will come forward and close distance for clinch work or just to keep Lacerda backing up. Lacerda has lost 4 straight in the UFC and would have been cut, except for the fact that he delivers exciting fights. I'll back "Pitbull" to get the finish.
  • Fremd is a solid grappler and the bigger man who could potentially make the fight very tough for Roman if he get taken down. Will be a stern test for the Russian known for his strikes, but I still like his chances in getting the KO finish considering his TDD has looked better with each fight and Fremd wont be able to last on the feet.
  • Loopy has really started to come into her own and probably has an answer for anything Reed brings. Her easiest path will probably be wrestling since that's Elise's biggest weakness and Loopy is very well rounded. Loopy by decision.
JHdx6Vp.gif

My action
  • 3/3.30 JOSEFINE KNUTSSON DEC/TECH DEC +110
  • 3/2.33 MANN vs KNUTSSON o2½ -129
  • 4/1.54 CHARLIE CAMPBELL KO,TKO,DQ,SUB -260
  • 3/1.42 REYES vs CAMPBELL u1½ -212
  • 4/2.96 ROMAN KOPYLOV KO,TKO,DQ,SUB -135
  • 3/3.45 LOOPY GODINEZ DEC/TECH DEC +115
164433.jpg

NOCHE UFC​

Main Card​

• Padilla is the better striker and will look to keep this fight at range and take advantage of his accurate jab and length. Nelson wants to wrestle and make it ugly. Nelson needs to physically impose his will to control the fight and win, I don't think he will be able to control Padilla. May be a 1st round finish, if not Fernando better pace himself because Nelson has a deep gas tank.
  • Giagos is very dangerous aggressive striker, especially early on. Gimme the dog in this one in an early finish!
  • They really wanting to build this Rosa kid, after getting beat last time out...it appears the UFC is servicing him a softball tonight. Round 1 finish. Zzzz...
The main card is actually pretty weak other than the top of the card, these first 3 probably don't even match up with the prelims.

1480893859.0.jpg

[6-0-1 +14.55u]
  • 3/1.25 Fernando Padilla -24
  • 3/7.11 Christos Giagos +237
  • 3.40/2 RAUL ROSAS JR. IN ROUND 1 -170
  • 3/1.13 MITCHELL vs ROSAS JR. u1½ -265
164436.jpg

Last edited:

NOCHE UFC​

Top of the Card
  • Maddalena will be the bigger power puncher in this one and it'll be interesting as to how Kevin reacts. Holland is extremely skilled at striking as well as grappling...so we just may see Holland take this fight to the ground where he likely inherits the best advantage.
  • I've always been a big "Bullet" mark and still am. Grasso is awesome and I love her style and enthusiasm, but I got back my champ tonight! She will be more prepared for Grasso's jab and definitely wont het sucked into that back attack off a spin kick. She will do most of the damage with a symphony of punches and kicks that collectively can break the strongest of foes.
noche-ufc-breakdown-alexa-grasso-vs-valentina-shevchenko.png

[7-2-1 +12u]

• 4/4.16 KEVIN HOLLAND +104
  • 4/2.45 VALENTINA SHEVCHENKO -163
104190.jpg

Good night that could have been much better considering I was 7-0-1 +18u after the prelims but then only managed 2-3-1 on main card.
:cheers3:

1694951171790.png

164447.jpg

Back