Toronto_Mike

Scent of a Woman
Tournament Record: 6-5-1
Sides:
3-4-0
Totals:
3-1-1
Big Plays: 2-0

Hit my big play yesterday, very satisfying, considering the diabolical display by the Canadians.

Final group matches kick in from here on out. Couple teams with a lot of hope left.

Brazil vs USA
USA +0.75 @ 1.90 (Medium Bet)
USA ML @ 4.10 (Small Bet)

Stakes are high, both teams cannot afford to lose. The Americans can gun down for a draw and still qualify, but the Brazilians know a draw could lead to an early exit depending on the Poland/South Korea match up. Going with the dog again here, after Canada messed up. I think the Americans are much well organized this tournament. They did not faze when they were introduced to the speed of the Koreans and they were not fazed by the size and physical abilities of the Poles. Freddy Adu displayed a masterful game vs Poland and i think he can finally match up well against the skill of the Brazilians. Brazil this tournament have looked rather.....dodgy. The past few years in all competitions, the Brazilian national squad have not looked like one cohesive unit. Most Brazilians since the 1998 WC have decided to play for their own cause rather than the Samba. Same goes with this team, not entirely impressed, they seem to just squeek by. I expect the Americans to take advantage of the Underdog status and secure passage, cause a shock to the Brazilians and in turn help either Poland or South Korea.
Prediction: USA 1-0 Brazil

I was leaning towards South Korea but looks like one of the S-Line members is out with a broken nose, that will great decrease the attacking power of South Korea. Might have to go with Under, we shall see. Also the other matches, odds are a little too ridiculous. Argentina are practically through and i could see them resting a few players so the 1.28 odds aren't very appealing, the North Koreans still have a slim chance of qualifying but i doubt they can get a win, Czech's play Panama who got their ass kicked by Argentina....but fun fact is that Czech's have failed to progress to the 2nd round of any major tournament since 2001 lol

Czech Republic vs Panama
Panama +1.75 @ 2.08
I don't think the Czech's are that good and i don't think Panama is that bad. This is a high stakes game so a one goal victory will be well worth for either squad. Yes Panama got their ass kicked by Argentina but the difference was that Argentina converted their chances, unlike their match against the Czech's where they were sloppy with the openings. Mind you the Argentines scored 4 goals in 7 minutes. Panama were just shell shocked with the barrage and couldn't figure out how to hold the attack. The Czech's do not have the attacking poweress of the Argentines and really work on their defense. I think the Czech's may nip this game but now by much. Should be a low scoring affair, either side would be happy with a 1-0 win but i think some how chances come few and far between.
Prediction: Czech Republic 0-0 Panama

I was leaning towards South Korea but looks like one of the S-Line members is out with a broken nose, that will great decrease the attacking power of South Korea. Might have to go with Under, we shall see. Also the other matches, odds are a little too ridiculous. Argentina are practically through and i could see them resting a few players so the 1.28 odds aren't very appealing, the North Koreans still have a slim chance of qualifying but i doubt they can get a win, Czech's play Panama who got their ass kicked by Argentina....but fun fact is that Czech's have failed to progress to the 2nd round of any major tournament since 2001 lol

was thinking about over... one player should not change so much in that game. Honestly i know nothing about this tourney, but if im not wrong South Korea has to win to advance. Thats why i believe they will play more risky game, and that should also open the door for Poland to score... good luck today, hope you'll hit your dogs.

oh trust me Songo, Shin Young Rok is extremely important for South Korea. Although he starts as a sub, he is pure energy when he comes along.

Argentina will play the Runners up to the Brazil, USA, South Korea and Poland group. Also note that the top two teams of each group are guaranteed a spot in the next round, where there will also be 4 teams that have the best finish as a 3rd place team.

adding:

South Korea vs Poland
Under 2.5 @ 1.98 (Medium Bet)
Poland +0.25 @ 2.06 (Medium Bet)
I think this is open for debate, the Poles got blitz by the Americans because of the tempo. South Koreans play extremely fast and the Poles could use that to their advantage considering they've already played a fast pace team in Brazil. Shin Young Rok is out with a broken nose, yes its just one player but he is a super sub and is an energizer bunny. They will surely miss him. Also got to remember, these teams have players on yellow cards so which ever team has the lead first, will want to make sure they keep it and not play dumb.
Prediction: South Korea 1-1 Poland

Czech Republic 2-1 Panama FT

that was a crazy finish. Czech's go up score two goals from the 79th to 82th minute, i thought i was cake, and then Panama scores a consolation goal in the 84th.

Argentina and Czech Republic advance to the 2nd round

Wow.... holy shit what a gol for the win for the US... Adu's ballhandling directly led to it and it's a play that should be No. 1 on SPortsCenter's top plays tonight, BAR NONE...

0.25 and 0.75 gives you the option of a push. Had Panama lost 2-0 i would of lost half of my stakes but got half returned because the bet is for +1.5 and +2.

excellent nite

Poland 1-1 South Korea
Czech Republic 2-1 Panama
USA 2-1 Brazil

5-0-1 on the nite, one correct score, one nice larger dog. I think i'm going to skip tomorrow's matches, they don't really interest me. Nigeria/Japan looks like a draw or the under, no need to push it there because both are through to the next round before kicking the ball.

Back