Felipe...

is he a HOF'er? ive often been curious about this. i lean to no but on the other hand i think they gonna let eli in even tho i dont think he deserving. imo it really hard to leave him out if you putting eli in. rivers numbers stack up favorably across the board to big ben and eli except the obvious glaring suberbowls, but is that on rivers? i know he has made some awful throws in bad spots his whole career but does he have a ring or 2 if he was on those teams instead of being stuck with the chargers?? what everyone think? hof or no? we need a poll!!! lol

Chargers were better than all the Giants teams Eli won with. Meaning Eli won super bowls with far less than what Rivers couldn't win them with. Eli also beat the Patriots twice while Rivers let them win the conference every year.

Rivers is a hard no from me on HOF but who really cares? Because almost all of these athletes are loser pieces of shit who deserve our daily scorn.

Chargers were better than all the Giants teams Eli won with. Meaning Eli won super bowls with far less than what Rivers couldn't win them with. Eli also beat the Patriots twice while Rivers let them win the conference every year.

Rivers is a hard no from me on HOF but who really cares? Because almost all of these athletes are loser pieces of shit who deserve our daily scorn.

lol.,,. i think no also but i dont think eli deserves in either,, lets be real about eli "beating the pats" the defensive line beat the pats. he had some incredible runs to get into those SBs where he played out his mind! Did rivers lose playoff games where his defense held a team like the pats to 14 and 17 points? i dunno whether i agree with rivers teams being more talented id have to go back and look but i do know had he only needed to score 17 and 20 to win playoff games he prob would have a ring also,, if he had a ring wouldnt he be a shoe in? i say this with the opinion at this point it should be called "hall of really good" not hall of fame considering all the good players, not great they let in.. the standards way to low imo.

oh crap,, bar or somebody can combine my thread if ya want,, i didnt realize this was already up... rivers has a higher career passer rating than big ben and eli!

Neither should be in. We live in a time where we want to give everyone a piece. They were both good. They were both never great. Thus, a no from me.

I've held this position for some time and I will never be off it.

He's not HOF, didn't even play in a SB

I think Mike Clay makes a good case for "no" regarding Eli

Mike Clay, fantasy football writer: No. Manning flashed at times throughout his lengthy career, but a 116-116 record with 362 touchdowns and 241 interceptions simply doesn't cut it. He never led the league in passing yards or touchdowns, but he did lead the league in interceptions three times. And he didn't offset underwhelming passing efficiency (career 60.3% completion rate, 7.0 yards per attempt) with rushing prowess (568 career rushing yards). Is all of that offset by a pair of strong playoff performances that helped New York win two Super Bowl rings? I don't think so. Manning had a good career in New York, but the Hall of Fame is reserved for the best quarterbacks of all time -- he simply doesn't stack up.

Rivers for me is likewise an easy "no." He didn't even win anything. His playoff resume is trash.

I hate when people try to support a "yes" vote by citing overall passing yardage statistics. The game has changed tremendously in favor of pass attacks. Of course quarterbacks now will rank more highly in passing yardage.

Neither should be in. We live in a time where we want to give everyone a piece. They were both good. They were both never great. Thus, a no from me.

I've held this position for some time and I will never be off it.

i totally agree, i think the HOF standards are way to low, more like the hall of pretty good now days.. i guess what ya expect from the participation trophy generation!!! only reason it a question for me with rivers is i know eli getting in, prob on 1st damn ballet and going off that standard i think he has a case.. not sure 2 wrongs make a right tho?

I would reluctantly vote for Eli to get in but the reluctance isn't based on how shitty his overall stats are, it's because he chose to hold the Padres hostage

ive always been of the opinion importance of winning sb's is often far to exaggerated for the qb position.. fact is if watson ends up staying with the texans he will never even get to one in the loaded with talented young qb afc, is that his fault??? maybe if guys can start forcing trades like the nba than yea it should be on them, but up until this point in history qbs have had very little say in where they play..

I would reluctantly vote for Eli to get in but the reluctance isn't based on how shitty his overall stats are, it's because he chose to hold the Padres hostage

had he not done that he wouldnt have any rings either imo. best play of his career.

Of course, can't stand it tho. Then he could be the Felipe HARD NO

im not sure where i land on that,, when you look at how much impact the place you go and coach you play for has on the qb's career shouldnt they try to force their way into a better situation??? i mean if im trevor lawrence and jags hired some bum and not urban i would have probably tried to pull same kind of move.. if i got any leverage there no way in hell i let a team with adam gase in charge fuck up my career!!!!

im not sure where i land on that,, when you look at how much impact the place you go and coach you play for has on the qb's career shouldnt they try to force their way into a better situation??? i mean if im trevor lawrence and jags hired some bum and not urban i would have probably tried to pull same kind of move.. if i got any leverage there no way in hell i let a team with adam gase in charge fuck up my career!!!!
Then do like they do in European futbol. Relegate teams to lesser divisions that suck. Send the Jets to Canada ffs.

Players hijacking pro sports will be the death of pro sports, it simply can't happen.

We all know without a DL Eli isn't beating the Pats once let alone twice

absolutely the defense won those games,, eli got them there and made a few plays but pats never scored more than 17 points!! if you anywhere close to even being considered for the hof you should win every game the opponent only scores 17 or less!!! just as goofy brady gets praised for the rams sb, he was awful in that game but now since pats roster is garbage he apparently won the break up and now all them SBs were on him and bill gets very little credit? majority those sb's hoody's defense had to hold serve for long stretches early on as it took brady time to get going in all of them!! i cant recall him ever having a impressive 1st qrtr..

Then do like they do in European futbol. Relegate teams to lesser divisions that suck. Send the Jets to Canada ffs.

Players hijacking pro sports will be the death of pro sports, it simply can't happen.

i dont think it would happen if the teams in the spots to draft these kids would show them they have leadership in place. i think given the chance most would love to be given credit for turning a crap franchise into sb contenders, problem is despite getting most the credit and blame none are doing it without the right leadership in placve at the gm and coaching spots.. show the kid you committed to winning and either already have the coach or hire the coach who can sell him on his vision.. i understand where you coming from but i get the feeling joe burrow gonna look back in 10-15 years and wish he had pulled that kind of move.. maybe they shouldnt let that 5th year be a team only option? i think if i was only committed to having to be somewhere 4 years and if the situation sucked i could leave at that point i be more willing to see what happens.... im sure david carr wish he woulda had the ability to avoid letting texans get him damn near beat to death!!!!!

i dont think it would happen if the teams in the spots to draft these kids would show them they have leadership in place. i think given the chance most would love to be given credit for turning a crap franchise into sb contenders, problem is despite getting most the credit and blame none are doing it without the right leadership in placve at the gm and coaching spots.. show the kid you committed to winning and either already have the coach or hire the coach who can sell him on his vision.. i understand where you coming from but i get the feeling joe burrow gonna look back in 10-15 years and wish he had pulled that kind of move.. maybe they shouldnt let that 5th year be a team only option? i think if i was only committed to having to be somewhere 4 years and if the situation sucked i could leave at that point i be more willing to see what happens.... im sure david carr wish he woulda had the ability to avoid letting texans get him damn near beat to death!!!!!
Well D Carr was ruined after year 1. That's what you get when pro sports in America allows expansion teams to start at the highest level of competition.

Well D Carr was ruined after year 1. That's what you get when pro sports in America allows expansion teams to start at the highest level of competition.

yea, i didnt mean to throw him in right after the 4 year thing,, just thought about it at the end.. lol.. that poor dude never had a chance,, i vaguely remember seeing him get beaten to a pulp that year!! that was back before all the qb protection rules also, it was brutal, he had monsters landing on him many times a game!!!

we pretty much getting to the point that movie "any given sunday" had the nfl in,, legalized gambling is only reason its popularity never be in jeopardy..

Reactions: KJ
so just went back and looked at the 2007 afc championship game. pats beat rivers and co 21-12,, rivers was basically 50% with 211 yards and 2 picks, not great, lol.. brady wasnt much better, 22 of 33 for 209 and he threw 3 picks!!! the only real difference in the game was chargers kicked fgs on every red zone trip while pats scored tds on all 3 their red zone trips.. some top notch head coaching by good ol norv turner (who was a pretty good oc), down 21-12 in 4th qtr on one their longest drives of the game chargers punt it 23 yards from pats 36!! of course trying throw the whole 10 yards on 3rd down instead of looking at it as obvious 4 down territory down 2 scores in the 4th qrtr deep in opponents territory!! obviously rivers didnt have a very good game but isnt that on the head coach every bit as much if not more so than him? you cant make a winning play when you punting!!! after the punt chargers never see the ball again as pats kill the final 9 minures! lol

My guy Phil finally pulled out.

Happy retirement to the legend. Gonna miss posting his never-ending selection of gifs during in-games.

Pew Pew Finger Guns GIF by Indianapolis Colts

I really like Philip Rivers and everything he has done for the community of San Diego; the list of items is long. A class act first and foremost. On the field, he was a very good QB but he will be remembered, at least partially, for not getting some elite teams to the SB. The 2006 14-2 team was the best in the league yet they lost to NE in the divisionals.

I don't see Matt Ryan and Rivers being that different.

I really like Philip Rivers and everything he has done for the community of San Diego; the list of items is long. A class act first and foremost. On the field, he was a very good QB but he will be remembered, at least partially, for not getting some elite teams to the SB. The 2006 14-2 team was the best in the league yet they lost to NE in the divisionals.

I don't see Matt Ryan and Rivers being that different.

Stafford kinda right there just never getting to play with many competitive teams which I don’t think been his fault. Actually think he might be more talented than both.

Final word on Felipe...

Finished above .500 at covering spreads.

124-119-8 ATS all-time.

50-37-5 ATS as a dog.

11-3-1 ATS as a dog of 7+.

6-0-1 ATS as a dog of 10+.

YOLO BOLO !!!

Back