Feds raid survivor pool, seize funds

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Total waste of taxpayer's money and court time, but federal agents raided a national survivor pool and seized all the money. There is enough crime to keep the feds busy so it's absurd they waste their time on a voluntary betting pool, but there is a zeal with the current Justice Department to punish sinners.

Just one more reason we need legalized gambling.

Hope no one on this board had money in the raided pool.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ey-ron-mike-football-pool-large-survivor-pool

I really hope they were not taking a percentage of the cut. It isn't illegal to run if they didn't get a percentage.

Haven't we all learned over the years that taking vig is what makes gambling illegal?

Wonder how that applies to sites that charge for fantasy "management"

The vig holders?

Yeah

no, the govt. why would running and organizing an honest contest not be worthy of earning some money. that's like calling league safe thieves. they're providing a valuable service that you can either use or not use.

no, the govt. why would running and organizing an honest contest not be worthy of earning some money. that's like calling league safe thieves. they're providing a valuable service that you can either use or not use.
Knew it would be quick...you know I'm trolling atm

In fairness, we all know the rules. We hate the rules. We play by the rules. That's what we do.

Government will take the money, the guys will take a lesser charge, and it never goes to a court where reasonable people would never imprison these guys or steal all these peoples monies. It really is unfortunate.

Government will take the money, the guys will take a lesser charge, and it never goes to a court where reasonable people would never imprison these guys or steal all these peoples monies. It really is unfortunate.
touche...

The whole thing is bs. The other case mentioned hasn't gone to trial in over 5 years. It's a waste of resources and the authorities certainly have other pressing real problems they can work on.

The whole thing is bs. The other case mentioned hasn't gone to trial in over 5 years. It's a waste of resources and the authorities certainly have other pressing real problems they can work on.
THE OTHER ONE THAT WAS RUN IN NJ I USED TO BE IN FOR 15+ YRS...... AND IT WILL NEVER GO TO TRIAL.... AND HE WONT BE CHARGED HE GIVES UPDATES EVERYTIME THERE IS ONE

when sportsbetting is legalized, this is going to happen in a lot of places

I love it when people say fantasy sports isn't gambling :biglaugh:

Back