Fe Ex St Jude plays

RBTrojan

Pretty much a regular
US Open is next week!

Here are the tournament match ups that appealed to me this week in Memphis:

Conners -130 vs Murray: This is more of a fade of Murray than a play on Conners. Although Conners is having a breakout year and has to be feeling really good about his play. He is coming off a T8 in his last event. Murray on the other hand seems to be having some issues. He withdrew mid tournament three weeks ago, promptly missed the cut the following week, and last week made the cut at the Memorial but seemed completely disinterested on the weekend shooting 74 81. Give me the guy who is coming off his best placing in his last event vs a guy who seems to be going the wrong direction...

Thornberry +150 vs Yag: Really tough to say how this match will go but I think this should be closer to -110 both ways. Yag is a 46 year old journeyman who is a solid player but has not really had a lot of success of late. Thornberry is an amateur who is most likely returning back to Ole Miss for his senior season. He played in this event last year and place T4... pretty remarkable first PGA event. He knows the course well I cannot find a reason to think he will play poorly this week. He did just qualify for the US Open next week... This price is just too generous in my eyes...

Dahmen +110 vs Piercy: Piercy is not playing well despite being #33 in FedEx cup points this season. He won the Zurich this year which is a team event. His putting has been really poor this year. Dahmen has been really solid of late having four top 25's in a row. He has made 9/10 cuts since the beginning of February. Piercy has made 7/12 cuts in the same time frame.

Fade or follow best of luck this week

Murray with an 80 today.... Way too close for comfort but it's a cashing ticket. Cmon Thornberry finish strong!

Back