Favre faxes reinstatement letter (BREAKING NEWS - FAVRE TO TB)

BlitzBandit

Friend of CTG
Favre takes next step

Brett Favre faxed a letter to the NFL on Tuesday seeking reinstatement, reports NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

drama, drama, drama...

at least it's beginning to unfold now....

I'd like to think it would be best to just sit his ass all year.. but 12 mil to sit on the bench?.. fuck that... I think he would be having the last laugh if that were to happen.. he'd be getting 12 mil to do nothing...

but damn.. he's just caused too many fucking headaches.

drama, drama, drama...

at least it's beginning to unfold now....

I'd like to think it would be best to just sit his ass all year.. but 12 mil to sit on the bench?.. fuck that... I think he would be having the last laugh if that were to happen.. he'd be getting 12 mil to do nothing...

but damn.. he's just caused too many fucking headaches.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but couldn't they just let him go through training camp and then cut him the very last day they are allowed to make cuts. They're not going to get shit for him in a trade anyways and its not worth whatever shitty draft pick they get IMO. At least if they cut him he doesn't have time to go learn some other teams offense.

Why can't he just walk away and be proud of his past success, 1 SuperBowl win and Madden and others continue to suck his *ock. Do they say the same about Dilfer who also has one SB win? Please don't tarnish your image further Brett.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but couldn't they just let him go through training camp and then cut him the very last day they are allowed to make cuts. They're not going to get shit for him in a trade anyways and its not worth whatever shitty draft pick they get IMO. At least if they cut him he doesn't have time to go learn some other teams offense.

I don't think they would want to just release him... that would be something Minnesota would want... They would be able to get him cheaper than via trade... specially since it would be up to Brett to decide where he wants to go.. and how much he wants to get paid...

I also don't think him learning a new offense would matter too much in the decision making either... If you are Minny or Chicago or whatever, you are still better off taking a chance on plugging in a fresh minded Brett Favre who is unfamiliar with the offense than leaving any of your current qbs there (Tavaris Jackson, Rex Grossman, whatever)...

Not sure what they could get for him in a trade, anything is better than nothing, which is what you get if you just release him.

here's a thought...

I know Packer fans are pretty much turning against him now... but what do you think happens if they keep Brett Favre benched and Aaron Rodgers starts off 0-3 in blowout fashion against Minny, Detroit, and Dallas after the first 3 games of the season?? Will they be chanting for Brett Favre to come in??

orrrr...

what if Brett Favre ends up on another team and Aaron Rodgers ends up 0-3 after the first 3 games??... then what??

here's a thought...

I know Packer fans are pretty much turning against him now... but what do you think happens if they keep Brett Favre benched and Aaron Rodgers starts off 0-3 in blowout fashion against Minny, Detroit, and Dallas after the first 3 games of the season?? Will they be chanting for Brett Favre to come in??

orrrr...

what if Brett Favre ends up on another team and Aaron Rodgers ends up 0-3 after the first 3 games??... then what??

Aaron Rodgers could go 3-0 and you'd still have some fans chanting for Favre.

They can't release him cause then one of the rivals --- Vikings or Bears --- could pick him up. They'll have to trade him, and the teams being mentioned are Jets and Bucs. I say the Bucs get him.

im torn from both sides. but i must say, gb is starting to look a little foolish here. i think its funny when they show favre on tv in kahki shorts and sneakers playing with the high schoolers. i mean, they gotta make a move sometime its not going away. if they really think they're better with rodgers, and that they dont need favre, then let him go. i know, they dont wanna help out any other teams, but enough is enough. you want the guy or you dont.

Best quote I have seen throughout this whole fiasco

Veteran cornerback Charles Woodson found himself torn.

"My feeling is, he never should've retired. I don't believe in being pressured to retire. This is Brett Favre. You don't pressure Brett Favre into retiring. So you wish he never had retired," Woodson said. "(Then again), my opinion is, OK, we've seen Brett play, we know what he can do. We've seen him have bad years, bad games, too. We haven't seen anything of A-Rod for a whole season. So how do we know what we gain or what we lose unless we see him?

"I've seen enough of (Rodgers) in practice to know he can play. Now is just the thing of going out and being a consistent. You don't know until you get further down the line, but I think he's going to be all right."

Favre to Tampa, a buddy of mine just heard it on the radio...as well as something called JSOonline?

Favre just ate at McDonald's....This report is unconfirmed by his agent as ESPN left a message but many speculative sources are reporting this breaking news.

Just finished watching the Packers News Conference and nothing definite was said only that it is very likely that Brett will not play a single game for the Packers. Other than that, nothing else is official as far as him going to TB.

Just finished watching the Packers News Conference and nothing definite was said only that it is very likely that Brett will not play a single game for the Packers. Other than that, nothing else is official as far as him going to TB.

the announcement should be made no later then 10PM apparently

Got a text from a friend in Tampa as well saying its done.

All unconfirmed of course.

Poll shows support for franchise

By Don Walker

Tuesday, Aug 5 2008, 10:03 PM

Sixty percent of Wisconsin residents think Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy are more concerned about the long-term future of the franchise than Brett Favre is, a statewide poll released Tuesday shows.​
At the same time, the survey by the Wisconsin Policy Research Institute shows that favorable feelings among state residents for the future Hall of Famer have dropped dramatically since December. According to the poll, only 47% of those surveyed had a favorable view of Favre, while 34% had an unfavorable view.​
That is a startling drop in support for the three-time most valuable player, who is perhaps the Packers' greatest player ever. Last December, as Favre's Packers were readying a playoff run that would take them to the NFC Championship Game, 73% of the people in Wisconsin had a favorable view of him and only 7% had an unfavorable view.​
In September 2004, 75% of those surveyed in Wisconsin had a favorable view of Favre and only 9% had an unfavorable view.​
But after his tearful news conference in March when he announced that he was retiring, Favre began having second thoughts and indicated an interest in coming back to play even though the team had decided to turn to Aaron Rodgers to play quarterback.​
The survey was conducted statewide on Sunday and Monday. The survey was being conducted as Favre arrived back in Green Bay after being reinstated by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell in an effort to end the standoff between the quarterback and the franchise.​
Survey respondents were asked this question: "Who do you think is most concerned about the long-term future of the Green Bay Packers - Brett Favre and his supporters, or general manager Ted Thompson and his coach, Mike McCarthy?"​
According to the survey, 60% said Thompson/McCarthy and 16% said Favre. A total of 24%, nearly one-quarter of those surveyed, either didn't know or declined to answer.​
Support for Thompson and McCarthy was statewide, according to the survey, with the strongest support (75%) coming from the Milwaukee area.​
In the Green Bay area, Thompson and McCarthy were supported by 71% of the survey respondents, while Favre supporters were at only 15%.​
The support for management in the ongoing tussle between Favre, who wants to return to play professional football, and the Packers, who want to move on without him, could be reflected in the fact that the Packers are professional football's only publicly owned franchise. The franchise says 112,015 people own shares in the team.​
Survey respondents were asked this question in relation to Favre: "Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of him?"​
For those who had a favorable view of Favre, his strongest support came from Milwaukee's suburbs (54%) and Waukesha (56%).​
Favorable views of Favre were weakest in Green Bay (31%). In December, 82% of those surveyed in the Green Bay area had a favorable view of him.​
The telephone poll surveyed 600 residents who said they were likely voters in the November presidential election.​
The survey has a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.

Tampa has no offensive weapons, and its hot as hell. I think now he just wants to play anywhere to prove a point. It's not out of the realm of possibility for Tampa to Trade him to Minnesota. I dont like having him in the NFC south with my Dirty Birds for the next few years. Hopefully he retires, again, before the Falcons become contenders again. Atleast I can go watch Farve at the Dome now. I will make sure I get those tickets. Tampa fans are going to be elated!

I was just watching the Tampa Bay news and one of the reporters said that while he was at the TB training camp today in Orlando, Garcia walked past the reporters and said "dead man walking". hmmmmm

fuckign drama queen

i used to have so much respect for him when i was a youngin, even had a couple posters on my wall (insert Yag smiley here)

old heads- was he always this much of an attention whoring deuchebag??? back in the 90s i felt like he was actually a team player and all about the right shit.... and a warrior on the turf(when he had his PK's lol)...

no wrangler commercials and deuchebag moves like we see today

Back