Favorite Player?

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Flat out...Kobe Bryant. Will love this guy no matter how big of an asshole he is. He is truly the best in the game. All he wants to do is win..

2nd place..

Tracy Mcgrady...

356404.jpg

Lebron, as long as he stays with the cavs.....If he decides to leave i will run a red light so i can end his career early.

Tough break for the Grizz that the Ticket went fifth:

Round one<TABLE style="BACKGROUND: none transparent scroll repeat 0% 0%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #aaaaaa 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #aaaaaa 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #aaaaaa 1px solid; WIDTH: 2em; BORDER-BOTTOM: #aaaaaa 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffcc00"></TD><TD>= All-Star</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="wikitable sortable sortable" id=sortable_table_id_0><TBODY><TR><TH style="BACKGROUND: #ddddff">Pick </TH><TH style="BACKGROUND: #ddddff" width="20%">Player </TH><TH style="BACKGROUND: #ddddff" width="20%">Nationality </TH><TH style="BACKGROUND: #ddddff" width="35%">NBA Team </TH><TH style="BACKGROUND: #ddddff" width="25%">School/Club Team </TH></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Joe Smith (PF/C)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Golden State Warriors</TD><TD>Maryland</TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD bgColor=#ffcc00>Antonio McDyess (PF)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Los Angeles Clippers <SMALL>(traded to Denver)</SMALL></TD><TD>Alabama</TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD bgColor=#ffcc00>Jerry Stackhouse (SG)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Philadelphia 76ers</TD><TD>North Carolina</TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD bgColor=#ffcc00>Rasheed Wallace (PF)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Washington Bullets</TD><TD>North Carolina</TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD bgColor=#ffcc00>Kevin Garnett (PF)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Minnesota Timberwolves</TD><TD>Farragut Academy HS <SMALL>(Chicago)</SMALL></TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Bryant Reeves (C)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Vancouver Grizzlies</TD><TD>Oklahoma State</TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Damon Stoudamire (PG)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Toronto Raptors</TD><TD>Arizona</TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Shawn Respert (SG)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Portland Trail Blazers <SMALL>(from Detroit, traded to Milwaukee)</SMALL></TD><TD>Michigan State</TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Ed O'Bannon (SF)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>New Jersey Nets</TD><TD>UCLA</TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Kurt Thomas (PF/C)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Miami Heat</TD><TD>TCU</TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Gary Trent (PF)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Milwaukee Bucks <SMALL>(traded to Portland)</SMALL></TD><TD>Ohio</TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Cherokee Parks (C)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Dallas Mavericks</TD><TD>Duke</TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Corliss Williamson (PF)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Sacramento Kings</TD><TD>Arkansas</TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Eric Williams (SF)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Boston Celtics</TD><TD>Providence</TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Brent Barry (SG)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Denver Nuggets <SMALL>(traded to L.A. Clippers)</SMALL></TD><TD>Oregon State</TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Alan Henderson (PF)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Atlanta Hawks</TD><TD>Indiana</TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Bob Sura (SG)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Cleveland Cavaliers</TD><TD>Florida State</TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD bgColor=#ffcc00>Theo Ratliff (PF)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Detroit Pistons <SMALL>(from Portland)</SMALL></TD><TD>Wyoming</TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Randolph Childress (PG)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Detroit Pistons <SMALL>(from Houston via Portland)</SMALL></TD><TD>Wake Forest</TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Jason Caffey (PF)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Chicago Bulls</TD><TD>Alabama</TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD bgColor=#ffcc00>Michael Finley (SF)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Phoenix Suns <SMALL>(from L.A. Lakers)</SMALL></TD><TD>Wisconsin</TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>George Zidek (C)</TD><TD> Czech Republic</TD><TD>Charlotte Hornets</TD><TD>UCLA</TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>Travis Best (PG)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Indiana Pacers</TD><TD>Georgia Tech</TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Loren Meyer (PF)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Dallas Mavericks <SMALL>(from New York)</SMALL></TD><TD>Iowa State</TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>David Vaughn (PF/C)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Orlando Magic</TD><TD>Memphis</TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Sherell Ford (PF)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Seattle SuperSonics</TD><TD>Illinois-Chicago</TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Mario Bennett (PF)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Phoenix Suns</TD><TD>Arizona State</TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Greg Ostertag (C)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>Utah Jazz</TD><TD>Kansas</TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>Cory Alexander (PG)</TD><TD> United States</TD><TD>San Antonio Spurs</TD><TD>Virginia</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Childress, hahahaha. That motherfucker put in WORK at Wake. He was my favorite college player back in the day.

travis best :pillow:

he's in italy right now, when he plays nobody give a damn about the game, the whole crowd just stare at his girl. fucking hot chick

When he was on the Mav's, I went to a Cav's game when he was playing, I had a late barmitzvah at 14, so this was like 6 years ago. I had box seats, he was injured and somehow someway my parents met him. They started talking to him and he sent us tickets to games every once in a while. My parents invited him and he came, he gave $750 dollars.

You would of had to see this guy in college to know how incredible his talent was

get_image

this is another guy that made his appearence in the italian league.

owned the league for a couple of years and then i just lost his trails.
i had the pleasure to see him play, great great talent.

really? I remember him as a sharp shooter for the Denver Nuggets, but he was a baller allright.
I think one year he haveraged 35.3 PPG

He was on the team at one point with Stanley Robers and Shaq

Heres a partial article I found

If someone had told the Tennessee coach, Wade Houston, that Chris Jackson, Louisiana State's phenomenal guard, would go almost 11 minutes in the second half without making a 2-point field goal, and that Houston's son, Allan, would have a career-high scoring game, the coach would have been confident of Tennessee's chances for an upset over the Tigers, who are ranked No. 11 by The Associated Press.
Well, Jackson didn't make a second-half 2-point field goal until 9 minutes 7 seconds were left, and Allan Houston scored a career-high 43 points. The only catch was that Jackson all but shelved his 2-point arsenal this afternoon and put on a riveting display of 3-point shooting on the way to a 49-point performance as L.S.U. held off the Volunteers, 119-113, before a raucous crowd at Thompson-Boling arena.
Jackson was 14 for 32 from the field, including 10 of 20 on 3-pointers. He hit 11 of 12 from the foul line.
The crowd of 20,128 had anticipated an uptempo game, but it was treated to an all-out road race and a high-noon duel between Houston and Jackson.

End of a Slump
''Coach just told us, run, have fun, gun and play defense, in that order,'' said Jackson, whose performance this afternoon marked the end of a scoring slump. The 6-foot-1-inch sophomore guard, who came into the game averaging 27.2 points, was held to a career-low 9 points by Auburn last week.

I know BAR will know this cat.

michiganguard1.jpg

Very nice. 1989 Finals against the Hall...bad FT shooter clutch as can be. Was just a very good college basketball player. Thought he would be a better pro but getting drafted by a cancerous team such as Atlanta never got him off on right foot.

ya. have the entire bulls/portland nba finals. all six nba finals actually. wonder what they are worth?

Impressive. That dude was a scoring machine in college. What a bust in the pros.

Impressive. That dude was a scoring machine in college. What a bust in the pros.
He was incredible in college. Was a tweener body like so many guys that have come out(Rumeal, Mark Macon, Rodney Monroe, Donald Williams...to name a few). I dunno if you ever got to hear th story but Shawn got incredibly sick at one point..I believe cancer..lemme find it.

DETROIT -- For years, Shawn Respert swallowed his pride when he was called an NBA bust.

Now, six years after his career in the league ended, he is ready to tell his side of the story.

"I had cancer," Respert said quietly this week in an interview with The Associated Press. "I don't want people to feel sorry for me, or think I'm making an excuse about why it didn't work out for me in the NBA. I just want people who have wondered, 'Whatever happened to Shawn Respert?' to know that I wasn't strung out on drugs or anything bad like that."

Life was great for Respert 10 years ago.

He averaged nearly 26 points a game as a senior shooting guard at Michigan State, and impressed enough people to be the eighth pick in the 1995 NBA draft. Portland drafted him and traded him to Milwaukee for the 11th pick, Gary Trent.

"He was a great shooter and his character was great," Mike Dunleavy, then Milwaukee's general manager and coach, said this week.

But Respert wasn't himself as a rookie with the Bucks.

His picture-perfect shooting stroke wasn't leading to baskets. Toward the end of the season, he felt awful. Respert's stomach started bothering him, so he altered his diet. But that didn't make the unbearable cramps go away.

"One day I felt a lump the size of a marble below my belly button," Respert said. "After I finally saw a doctor a couple weeks later, the lump had gotten bigger."

When medicine didn't make the lump go away, Respert went through a series of tests at St. Joseph Regional Medical Center in Milwaukee in May 1996.

"When the doctor said, 'You have cancer in your abdomen,' I said, 'C'mon. There's no way. I'm 23 and I'm in the NBA," Respert recalled during a telephone interview from Houston. "I was in denial, so I got a second opinion. But then another doctor in Milwaukee verified that I had cancerous cells in my stomach."

Respert underwent radiation therapy every day for three straight months, but his condition didn't improve.

"When doctors then said we had to do more radiation and medicine, that's when reality hit me that this was truly for real," he said. "I had been optimistic before that and was worried about proving that I was worth the eighth pick, but then I started concentrating on just getting healthy."

While Respert was dealing with his cancer, the only people who knew about it were the Bucks' trainers, doctors and eventually, Dunleavy.

"It's crazy, but I didn't tell my mom or dad, my grandparents, or my girlfriend at the time, who is now my wife," he said.

Dunleavy, now coaching the Los Angeles Clippers, vividly recalls the situation.

"We regarded his wishes and I never told anybody. Even I was a little bit late to know," Dunleavy said. "It was going on for a period of time, and finally I did find out about it. I had no idea at the time why he was playing poorly and didn't seem to be himself. He could have easily explained the situation to people and it certainly would have made it easier for him."

Respert, who lost 20 pounds during three months of radiation treatments, still was determined to make it heading into his second NBA season.

"On a Sunday morning, I had a treatment then flew to Los Angeles that same day because we were playing in a summer league out there," he said. "The Bucks had just drafted Ray Allen. Even though I could only eat soup and crackers, I was behind only Ray in scoring on our team that summer."

Just when Respert thought he had turned the corner with his health and career, new coach Chris Ford didn't play him in the first two games of the 1996-97 season.

"That took the air out of me," he said. "I started feeling what most survivors feel, alone. It devastated me as a player and a person, and it changed the way I focused my life.

"I figured that what I did at Michigan State was more than a dream come true, so I didn't care about anything other than my health and my family. That pushed me away from the mentality that made me successful as a player, but it helped me become more happy as a man."

Respert's cancer went into remission, and hasn't come back, but his NBA career never revived.

In his second season, Respert was traded to Toronto, where he averaged 5.6 points a game.

Respert played briefly in Dallas the next season and then had a second stint with the Raptors. His NBA career ended quietly in Phoenix during the 1998-99 season.

In 172 games over four seasons, he averaged 4.9 points in 13.7 minutes per game.

"It killed me every time my name was associated with being a bust," Respert said. "I really wanted to say, 'Look. This is what I've had to deal with.' But people don't want to hear excuses in pro sports, even if the excuse is cancer.

"I just had to swallow my pride because I knew there would be a time that I would get my story out when my career was over and people didn't think I had something to gain."

Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Eric Snow, his backcourt mate at Michigan State, was one of the first to know about Respert's condition other than the few people in Milwaukee.

"We talked about it like we're family because we really are. We're both married to our girlfriends from our freshman year in college," Snow said. "I'm glad that he's come forth publicly with his story because it was a burden in his life.

"And, I'm really happy that he's still in basketball, helping people become better men and better players. I just wish I was half the golfer he is."

Following four lackluster NBA seasons and four more seasons overseas, Respert started the next chapter of his life as a volunteer coach at Prairie View A&M in Texas last season. Earlier this year, he was hired to be director of basketball operations at Rice University in Houston. His ultimate goal is to work in an NBA front office, perhaps as a scouting director.

During the past two years, Respert has reached out to people who meant a lot to him, such as former Michigan State coach Jud Heathcote.

"Life is so busy for a lot of us that we don't take time to say thanks to anybody," Respert said. "When I overcame what I did and, inspired by my grandfather's passing, I really took a step back and realized there were a lot of people I should say thanks to, because I realize I'm lucky that I'm still around to say that."

Back