Fantasy Football 2017: sleepers, breakouts and busts

D-Woww

Old Man Dan
Figured I would get this discussion going. I actually have my first draft this Saturday, which is crazy early but it was the only time that worked for everyone. I am well behind the 8 ball im usually on top of my stuff.

Off the top of my head:

-Jameis could be a top 5 fantasy qb

- I like Cam Meredith to put up big numbers

- I actually like Jordan Howard too, but then I get hesitant at the fact that I like 2 bears and they suck

- Brandon Cooks might get overdrafted. He is a great player and will make a huge difference for NE, but they spread the ball around and have a ton of options.

What other thoughts do you all have

I like Jameis too, but his style always worries me with injuries. Holds on to the ball a lot, and he's not Cam-ish IMO.

I started a few mocks already and guys are going all over the place (guys I think are first rounders, going in 2nd-3rd...guys I think are 4th/5th going in 2nd/3rd).

Going to wait another week or two to respond with any valuable thoughts.

:shake2:

yeah plus im sure some acls will be torn in that time as well.

Isaiah crowell is a guy I have an eye on too. One thing I am always a fan of; bad teams are still going to score some and accumulate yards, so somebody is gonna have to get them.

ADP will change a lot between now and week 1. hopefully you will get some good players cheap. paul perkins, mike gillislee, jaquizz rodgers, johnathan stewart, danny woodhead (PPR) all present good value at their current ADP.

i like mariota as well as jameis. no reason to draft a qb early in my opinion. go get 2 top WRs, gronk or kelce, a RB2, and some of those RBs above would be my strategy right now. that's VERY likely to change before i have any drafts though

Agree on the QBs
I think there are guys in the 10-15 range who easily could finish as top 5 QBs

The thing with bad teams isn'the produce fantasy points anyway, I wouldn't drop Howard low much because of that

i'd also draft John Conner

James?

Everything out of Pitt is they love him, even when Lev comes back he's going to miss games, and also I think they rest him more this year
Conner might be good enough as a handcuff and maybe even when bell is healthy as a flex

I've mostly cut down to just DK now but still have 1 home league i do

We draft labour day weekend but already have order and I'm 4th overall in a 12
I think I have to go WR there assuming DJ and Lev are gone. Would anyone take Zeke (legal issues?) I think the next group of guys like Gordon, Freeman, shady are a reach

So I'm debating between OBJ, AB, and Julio. Leaning first 2, losing shanny scares me a bit with Julio

Anyone I'm missing?

For later on from what I've seen I'd take McCaffrey and Mixon in the 30s and I see them 45ish at ESPN

I think prosise my bigger sleeper though

I like Prosise as well. Also think by the end of the year Kareem Hunt is the main guy in KC.

James?

Everything out of Pitt is they love him, even when Lev comes back he's going to miss games, and also I think they rest him more this year
Conner might be good enough as a handcuff and maybe even when bell is healthy as a flex

yep, my bad. he's basically free and I don't trust Bell to play the full season. Robert Kelly is another one that's really cheap. I don't see Wash giving Perine a full workload.

i probably go AB there, then OBJ. but i can't argue against any of those guys or even Evans. I can't take zeke there with the issues looming. Mixon... you don't think Gio and Hill are going to have roles? Hill should get goaline and Gio is an excellent passing down option that Dalton trusts. If they are healthy i can't see Mixon being much value at his ADP (and hes rising). McCaffrey looked good today juking Puz. I can't put a finger on his role yet either. I just think rookies are too expensive, typically

gio and hill will have roles (although I don't think you can rule out one being cut) but so will lacey and rawls, so will jonathan stewart...truth is almost all teams have multiple rbs nowadays and the days of a single bell cow back are behind us. Fournette is probably closer than any of those guys to being the number one guy.

it sucks, sometimes you start the guy who puts up 170 yards and his backup punches in two 1 yard tds...it happens. gotta go with talent and believe that in the end of the day talent will win out.

I like Prosise as well. Also think by the end of the year Kareem Hunt is the main guy in KC.

he's gotta get through Ware and Tyreek, don't see this happening especially with that Charcandrick guy hanging around also

Back