Fantasy Draft - On the clock until 1pm est.

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
I have the #20 pick in our June entry level draft. Draft is only recently drafted guys. Already added Tim Beckham and Kyle Skipworth with two first round picks I had.

Top Available Guys (In terms of MLB Draft)
Jason Castro
David Cooper
Ryan Perry
Reese Havens
Allen Dykstra
Anthony Hewiit
Christian Friedrich
(Everyone after except Gerrit Cole)

Including
Shooter Hunt
Zach Colllier
Casey Kelly
Jake Odorizzi
Conor Gillaspie

Who would you take? <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_701066-->

Here's my current Roster... 12 Team - 5x5 roto - 8 keepers + exceptions (G)
Major League Team

C Victor Martinez
1B Miguel Cabrera, Adrian Gonzalez
2B Brian Roberts
SS Derek Jeter, Stephen Drew(G)
3rd Alex Rodriguez, Alex Gordon(G)
OF Carl Crawford, Ichiro Suzuki, Hunter Pence(G), Vlad Guerrero, Juan Pierre

SP Brandon Webb, Scott Kazmir, John Lackey, Justin Verlander, Aaron Cook, Rich Hill(G), Andrew Miller(G)
RP Jon Papelbon(G), Mariano Rivera, Trevor Hoffman, Todd Jones, Joey Devine

Minor League Roster

Pitching: Clay Bucholz, Homer Bailey, Nick Adenhart, Franklin Morales, Carlos Carrasco, Brett Anderson, Anthony Swarzak, Jon Meloan, Scott Elbert
Hitting: Jay Bruce, Fernado Martinez, Beau Mills, Bryan Anderson, Tim Beckham, Kyle Skipworth

Jason Castro would probably be the "easy" choice, but his bat doesn't thrill me that much for fantasy purposes. If I knew he was going to fall I should have taken Yonder Alonso over Skipworth. David Cooper can rake, but with Adam Lind, and a few similar players in the Blue Jays system how far is he away and what's his upside? Don't think I'm interested in a reliever in Ryan Perry, although he may be the fastest to the majors for Detroit. Reese Havens just feels like a bust to me. I like Christian Friedrich but not in Colorado, learned my lesson with Morales this year. Casey Kelly is probably a bigger name than he deserves to be.

Guess my short list includes
Jason Castro (Not a lot of upside, but MLB regular catcher)
Allen Dykstra (Jim Thome type player)
Shooter Hunt (One of my favorite pitchers in the draft)

(shrug)

icon12.gif

We have another 3 rounds (total of 40 more picks after mine), and I'm thinking I'll look at him with my 32nd pick, but assume he'll be be gone before then.

Not a problem. Looked over your players, then at the draftables and thought he'd be a good fit. If you by-pass him now and he's there later, CONGRATULATIONS! Races are about to start, gotta go. BOL with your choices. :cheers:

Not a problem. Looked over your players, then at the draftables and thought he'd be a good fit. If you by-pass him now and he's there later, CONGRATULATIONS! Races are about to start, gotta go. BOL with your choices. :cheers:

Appreciate the feedback, my biggest knock on him is he's not a power hitter. More a gap/doubles type of guy.

Not a problem. Sometimes I forget that real does not always translate into fantasy leagues. Hope you got the players you wanted.

Still waiting to make my next pick. After I took Shooter Hunt, it went Anthony Hewitt, Tanner Scheppers, Conor Gillaspie, Christian Friedrich, Jason Castro... have 6 more picks then I'm up (shrug) Might take a flier on one of these college closers.

Back