Fall Classic Discussion Thread

GWarner27

Meatballin' in Celtics Stadium
hello all, i'm not a believer that everything is locked up by the Astros and Dodgers at this point and seem to be alone in that thought. Am I?

Also, this MLB playoffs thing is the least predictable of any of the major sports so I figure it wouldn't hurt to start chatting about who may win since about 80% of the league is already focused on 2020

Theoretically these teams still have a shot

View attachment 41387

I would definitely rule WAS, BOS and Cubs out.
Yanks have awesome lineup thats tough out in every slot
Bravos surprise team does most everything good and added nice arm in the pen
Twins...meh
Cle, the chronic underachievers, beat up weak teams and choke vs top tier, have best pen and if Kluber back strong have some value at +1850
Rays...sneaky good with several live arms and good management top down

I generally dont play futures, but if I did
$500/$1200 HOU
$350/$1050 LAD
$120/$570 NYY
$30/$555 CLE
$25/$700 TB

Haha, now you can see why I dont dabble.. Futures aren't for grinders

futures aren't really for anybody, i pretty much won't do anything besides longshots and those rarely work out/line up to even make a play. Think you're missing OAK, no?

Bullpens will be the most important thing coming soon, i'd rate HOU & NYY far above everybody else. Seems like most have a closer besides MIN, but depth is going to be very important whether it's the 7th or final out of the 9th it matters the same

From worst to best IMHO:
MIN: Harper to Romo/Dyson/May to Rogers
BOS: Eovaldi (gross) to Barnes to Workman
WSH: Rainey+Rodney to Strickland/Elias to Hudson to Doolittle
CHC: Cishek to Kintzler to Strop to Kimbrel
OAK: Trivino/Buchter to Petit to Treinen to Hendriks
LAD: Urias to Kelly to Baez to Jansen (maybe Maeda joins idk)
CLE: Wittgren/Oli Perez to Cimber to Hand
TB: Alvarado/Castillo/Pagan to Anderson who is nasty
ATL: Jackson/BlevinsMelancon/Swarzak to Newcomb to Martin to Greene

NYY: Kahnle to Britton to Otto to Chapman (not expecting Betances to play a role)
HOU: Biagini/Peacock to Devo/Harris/Rondon to Pressly to Osuna

AL has to be favored, right?

That’s what happened to the 1-seed Rangers a few years ago. I think winning in the 2019 playoffs is about getting 6 from your starter and then holding onto the lead with three stud relievers if not four.

NYY and HOU are very close, HOU deeper but NYY has better arms imho. Probably will end up taking the dog and i expect it’ll be NYY

Hou and Yankees have the best pens. Don’t rule out Aaron Sanchez in hou either. Dudes hit filthy stuff if he can recapture his form from 2 years ago.

so it looks like HOU will have HFA in the AL and then NYY 2, MIN 3 and I'm hoping OAK-TB in the tiebreaker as though I like the CLE story, I think they are only in this position because of that woeful division. Was hoping for HOU to be dogged, but at home they won't be and that's if NYY gets through the first round. I wouldn't consider that a lock and think OAK can cause real problems for whomever they get matched with as a dog. TB doesn't have the lineup, but they are the smartest franchise around and that has to cause worry in the favorites as well.

LAD has basically clinched HFA in the NL and I am going to be looking at elimination props as I think they are a very deep lineup and nothing more. ATL 2, StL should be 3 and then MIL@WSH for the wildcard barring any last weekend changes and I'm sure nobody wants to see WSH advance.

Plan to get into this deeper, but come one, come all :shake:

Tampa/Oakland will be a very tough out, especially TB. Seen them in person this year and the way they run out 6-10 pitchers in a game has to be tough to deal with. Boring as hell with all the changes but that team just keeps on coming at you it seems.

Tampa/Oakland will be a very tough out, especially TB. Seen them in person this year and the way they run out 6-10 pitchers in a game has to be tough to deal with. Boring as hell with all the changes but that team just keeps on coming at you it seems.

i love them giving a F-U to the world, but i think Bellinger agrees with you saying it's really hard to play against

The thread I've been waiting for. Already took Astros to win AL and WS. I'll put my money on this kind of pitching every week

I've got 'Stros +700 I plan on riding out (Played it right after the 2018 World Series ended)

I've also got Cards NL pennant at +750

I think both have a real shot as long as the Cards can setup the rotation with Flaherty getting 2 starts in the NLDS. Obviously will be tough to take out the Dodgers but would love to at least have a shot.

I'm also still waiting to cash Tampa @ +255 to make the playoffs. Both the Rays and A's make me a little nervous about a 5 game series where anything can happen but I'll have to just sit back and sweat it out.

If I were on the sidelines the #'s on the A's and Cards intrigue me to win it all.

If the A's can get over the one game playoff, then yes. Then can be trouble. It is that one and done that does em in! I'd feel better if they start Manaea in that one and done game...

MLB World Series
Fri 9/27 4:10PM​
Houston Astros +200
Los Angeles Dodgers +290
New York Yankees +400
Atlanta Braves +850
Minnesota Twins +1600
St. Louis Cardinals +1750
Washington Nationals +1950
Milwaukee Brewers +3300
Oakland Athletics +3500
Tampa Bay Rays +3750
Cleveland Indians +6600

A's or Nats only longshots I would consider, but not playing

I did hit 3 of 4 win total props I had.. O's over 57' was only loser lol

hello all, i'm not a believer that everything is locked up by the Astros and Dodgers at this point and seem to be alone in that thought. Am I?

Also, this MLB playoffs thing is the least predictable of any of the major sports so I figure it wouldn't hurt to start chatting about who may win since about 80% of the league is already focused on 2020
I think dodgers are beatable not so much for the Astros unless Yankees can hit like they were doing early on in the season

A's took 3 of 4 from Houston In Houston Late This Season. 3 of 4 From yankees this season. The odds are too low for Houston, and high enough to love the A's winning the AL...

A's took 3 of 4 from Houston In Houston Late This Season. 3 of 4 From yankees this season. The odds are too low for Houston, and high enough to love the A's winning the AL...

if the bullpen held up they would have swept NYY in the Bronx too

Nothing. Looked 4 A's Tickets...WAY up top, 3rd Deck, By the foul poll, which means close to 50,000- 57,000 people will be there tomorrow. Still waiting on Fiers Or Manaea will pitch. A's have been able to watch tape on TB Pitcher Morton since Sunday, hopefully helping them as their bats have fallen silent the last week of the season. Morton will be on 7 days rest...

My A's are having problems scoring runs. In the last 7 games they have only scored 16 runs.

Hopefully they will get out of their slump in front of a huge crowd tomorrow night.

2 of the starters for Minn are very good on 6+, I would not assume they can not win that series

Look if you think Houston is in trouble vs Oakland maybe you should look at who was playing in those games. Or not it really does not matter to me

Sitting on Nats NL Champs +2100 from June and Yanks WS +700 places in June when the whole team was injured and they hadn’t yet fully taken off with the division. Just sitting back on tonight’s game with a small Brewers TT U play, hoping by Saturday morning I’m sitting on a Nats 1-1 split in LA and a game 1 Yanks win.

Take this for whatever you think it’s worth, but the Yankees have not lost a game this season which Ottavino/Kahnle/Britton/Chapman all pitched in.

I guess I will say 1 more thing the Bailey Verlander game that ump had Bailey on a 3 game sample with a under 1 ERA and Verlander mid 3 ERA with a 1-2 record. Oakland as a team a very good record, I was tempted to actually bet Oakland but I doubt that happens again

Not alone, I do think Stros gonna be tough to beat but I think the Alds could be dangerous for them, A’s play them tough.

Far as nl I been sayin forever I didn’t think this lad team was winning NL again. I have nats and cards futures (was really hoping flaherty didn’t have to pitch Sunday, dunno if schedule would allow him to pitch game 2 then 5 if needed). Feel like if flaherty can pitch twice in nlds cards will be tough to beat. If Braves only gotta see him once they prob advance.

sounds like Flaherty will go 2 and 5 and that was a big reason they used him to clinch the division sunday @2daBank but i wonder how that will hurt them if they get past ATL in the NLCS

Not really sure about the Houston rotation. Cole, Verlander and Greinke for sure I would NOT use Miley

sounds like Flaherty will go 2 and 5 and that was a big reason they used him to clinch the division sunday @2daBank but i wonder how that will hurt them if they get past ATL in the NLCS

Certainly help if they didn’t need gm 5 but can’t really worry bout the nlcs until they get thru atl. I think I like their chances in 7 game series against lad or nats (I just can’t see milw gettin to this point, although they could certainly knock nats out) more so than I like how they match up w atl in a 5, getting flaherty twice is really only way I see them having a shot vs Braves.

Back