Falcons Fire HC and GM

Seems like they wasted several years of some really talented players primes. I woulda fired this guy the minute pats came back on him in super bowl!! I don’t care how crazy it sounds to fire a coach who got to SB, that was inexcusable!

Yep. This was done 2 years too late. Wasted their window. Now it's closed. No cap space. It's a pipedream to think they are getting Bienemy. No way he's getting to that mess.

Yep. This was done 2 years too late. Wasted their window. Now it's closed. No cap space. It's a pipedream to think they are getting Bienemy. No way he's getting to that mess.

he should have pick of the litter type job, Agree wit you, sure can’t see him choosing to latch himself onto a aging Matt Ryan with so many good young QBs in or fixing to enter the league.

about time, was starting to think he had nudes of Arthur Blank or something

lmfao. No doubt. I know I’m over exaggerating saying they should have fired him after the SB (although I prob would have!), how he made it the last 2 years I’ll never know? I understand that stability is a good thing but when it doesn’t work why sign up for consistently mediocre?

I’m sure Blank getting to see 1st hand that panthers team who just cleaned house and is already better than his squad had something to do with him finally pulling the trigger! I mean can you imagine watching a div rival clean house in a crszy off season then come into your building and hold ya to 16 points with a defense they totally rebuilt in last years draft?? And your coach supposed to be the defensive guy??

Great owner, a lot of weapons on offense...This will be a an attractive job

Do they really have that much talent? Ridley is a freaking beast no doubt., julio still great but think he declining with all the tread on those tires. Only matter of time till Gurley knee starts acting up. Ryan is fine but if I’m a hot young coaching commodity do I really want to latch my wagon to him or would I rather hook up with one these younger more athletic kids? There certainly worse jobs out there but think there prob be better ones too.

Gage, Hurst , Jones, Gurley still has another couple years in him, an average/above average qb

I'm comparing this to what should be other NFL openings this year

i think it more likely Gurley knee starts causing him problems before the end the season than him being good for several more years. Hope not but doesn’t he have a degenerative condition in that knee?

I have no clue what falcons cap situation like. Looks like they are gonna have a pretty good pick in this upcoming draft! They do have a good owner and it has to help the attractiveness of that job just the fact he stuck with this last bum long as he did! I agree they should be able to land a good coach, I don’t think they gonna get the top candidate but they should def get a good one. Agree with that more than how much talent they have.

Do they really have that much talent? Ridley is a freaking beast no doubt., julio still great but think he declining with all the tread on those tires. Only matter of time till Gurley knee starts acting up. Ryan is fine but if I’m a hot young coaching commodity do I really want to latch my wagon to him or would I rather hook up with one these younger more athletic kids? There certainly worse jobs out there but think there prob be better ones too.

Yeah I'm not comparing this to the Chiefs job , IM just looking at will open up this year, its will be an attractive landing spot for sure.

Also, there is no salary cap for a coach. Blank will pay

Yeah I'm not comparing this to the Chiefs job , IM just looking at will open up this year, its will be an attractive landing spot for sure.

Also, there is no salary cap for a coach. Blank will pay

yea I agree with you there. They def should be able to land a decent one. I was pretty much just saying if I’m the hottest commodity out there I prob wouldn’t choose them.

yea I agree with you there. They def should be able to land a decent one. I was pretty much just saying if I’m the hottest commodity out there I prob wouldn’t choose them.
Out of Lions, Jets, Jags, Texans (worse mess) ....I go ATL if given choice of those 4. And Joe Brady is my #1 choice and I draft a new QB for him to work with. NYG MIN DEN also could see openings and maybe MIN or DEN more attractive. Then again, if DEN fires coach, Lock isnt the answer so probably not. Blank to me is a solid owner, much more than I can say here in the D or NYJ/JAX fans would say. Division wise you have Brees and Brady on brink of retirement and CAR meh, pull Brady from them and even better.

Out of Lions, Jets, Jags, Texans (worse mess) ....I go ATL if given choice of those 4. And Joe Brady is my #1 choice and I draft a new QB for him to work with. NYG MIN DEN also could see openings and maybe MIN or DEN more attractive. Then again, if DEN fires coach, Lock isnt the answer so probably not. Blank to me is a solid owner, much more than I can say here in the D or NYJ/JAX fans would say. Division wise you have Brees and Brady on brink of retirement and CAR meh, pull Brady from them and even better.
All fair. Jets do have some draft equity and they could be in the great situation of either keeping darnold and getting another huge haul of picks or drafting one the best qb prospects ever. The owner a bummer but that could turn into a pretty good building situation.

I dunno that firing what’s his face in Denver means lock not the answer, I thought he was a crappy hire in the 1st place but he prob get a pass cause all the injuries they have had. Imo that be a great job with all the young talent and hopefully more healthy next year. Even if lock not the answer that means they will have a high enough pick to prob snag one the 3/4 good prospects coming out. Donks have lot of talent, I still think Lock might turn out to be the guy and would prob thrive with better offensive minded coach.

I dont think atl a terrible gig by any means, again just don’t think if I’m the young hot commodity I’m latching myself to Matt Ryan, he fine but not who id want to build my team around.

It would be nice to see some new blood in the coaching ranks, rather than retreads. I'm smh already about Rivera and some of his decisions and not even using TO's. Granted the Skins stink, but not going for a FG down 18 with 11:50 left in 4th qtr vs. Ravens last week left me clueless. I mean at least give yourself a chance, and I don't want to here the rhetoric about a young football team finding their way.

It would be nice to see some new blood in the coaching ranks, rather than retreads. I'm smh already about Rivera and some of his decisions and not even using TO's. Granted the Skins stink, but not going for a FG down 18 with 11:50 left in 4th qtr vs. Ravens last week left me clueless. I mean at least give yourself a chance, and I don't want to here the rhetoric about a young football team finding their way.

how bout the moron in Denver who didnt use the time outs against the titans so his offense could have some time after the inevitable chip shot fg! Apparently his strategy was hope he missed a 30 yarder!!! There a reason he never been anything but a coordinator!!

Apparently just like QBs there just not enough good coaches to go around! You would think that be impossible these days but nope. Wrong ppl get chances and they usually get a bunch of them once they in! How the hell Holmgren got the Dallas job instead of a up and coming smart person is beyond me!!

Joe Brady

Some of the decision making on two pt conversions, is mind boggling. It's like these fuckers need a remedial math lesson (i.e. don't leave yourself on 9 or 12 or 17). Detroit went for two vs. NO, after scoring to cut it to 8. If they miss they're sitting on 8 vs. 7. I understand maybe going for the win with a two point conversion, but no way down 14 and needing two scores should they have gone for two when they scored. Countless examples both in college and pro's that leave me dumbfounded.

Again a dumb ass decision by McDermot to leave himself on 12. No need to go for two there, should have waited for next TD.

Back