Fade me Monday

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
I suck..fade away...you'd be up a lot if you have in the last week.

ytd:10-16...-10.82

Unloading the monies on this one..if it doesn't hit..it is break time for me.

James and Braves RL -1.5 -120....-12.89 to win 10.82

Same reasoning as yesterday, Chico is dogshit and will get rocked yet again.

It means he will throw the game of his life and win tomorrow...but If I am going out, it will be on this one.

GL.

Last edited:
I feel similar.. 0-3 today, just terrible...

I was looking at this play as well.. GL

good luck on this one

it will take a bet of 12.984 to win the 10.82 though at minus 1.5 minus 120

get em hunt

your right texas, my math was off.

GL to you too green..been a tough stretch.

If you think the line is going to move against ya then you should probably lock this in as quickly as possible obviously and if you think it will move in your favor you should wait obviously . if you think it will stay the same , i think you should wait until gameday to be sure of the weather and the umpire. you definitely want an over umpire when you are laying one and a half and definitely want hitter friendly weather. i mean we all lock in games too early sometimes for convenience reasons but better wait and see when making a play over 10 units.

best of luck..... may chipper and andrew knock in a bunch of renterias for you.
:wacka wacka:

Texas, it is locked in. I am afraid the line only gets higher based on James stats and because of perception that the Nationals are bad, which they are.

This is a chase play anyways, I'd recommend a fade, because I almost want to quit...I'm not gonna lie.

Thanks texas.

Let's not forgot Atlanta lost to the Nattys the other day...super duper revenge angle multiplyed by the fact that the nattys suck = winnnnnnerrrr

Lets get this one, again haha

It's ok hunt, we all have our stretches you are just yours out of the way now and the rest of the season you'll tear it up.

BOL tommorow, i really like your play.

i hope so capt..i need a winner bad.

No doubt, and we gonna get it....starting tomorrow aka Monday, will be a wholeeeeeee new season...I know my record says + units, but lol...that is not the case at all...i'm down like $1300, which is a ridiculous amount for me lolololol

i'm feeling a great run coming though, when this Padres over hits Imma hit Mets -1.5 hard

:spank: the books the next few weeks

No doubt, and we gonna get it....starting tomorrow aka Monday, will be a wholeeeeeee new season...I know my record says + units, but lol...that is not the case at all...i'm down like $1300, which is a ridiculous amount for me lolololol

i'm feeling a great run coming though, when this Padres over hits Imma hit Mets -1.5 hard

:spank: the books the next few weeks

fuck yeah bro...hope it doesn't get rained out.....if it does, it's whoever against chico again for me!

im so fucked if chico isn't pitching...seeing conflicting reports. I can't get listed pitcher on RL...oh well.

thanks believe,

tough to go against beckett at home, but the price is too steep for me.

GL Hunt .....

I dont have to tell you that your sabotaging yourself. Clear mind is everything there is 8 million ways to make four possible decisions on every game.....

I probably will be against you but not fading you by any means. Wish you well....

thanks SN..my mind isn't where it should be now, and in reality this is a dumb game to put this many units on. I am normally a small dog to small fav. bettor and rarely bet RL's but this year just hasn't been kind to me so far.

I have no excuses, I have been beat good and bad by the man, I simply am not a good MLB capper right now and need to figure out what to do to right the ship.

your bet is locked in already, i personally will not have action on that game but will be cheering hard for you to win. In regards to you "needing to figure out what to do to right the ship" , I have some thoughts. My first thought is ...... that maybe you do not need to do anything. All great and/or good handicappers go through stretches where they lose money. Sports involve humans and humans are not going to perform the same everyday , especially in a "failure based" game like baseball. Falling behind 10 or twenty units to start the year obviously isn't what one would want but it hardly means you are terrible.... sample size is way too small. I think it is good that you ask yourself the question ... "what can i do to right the ship?" because it gives you the opportunity to look over your bets for the year and determine if there is indeed a mistake in your approach. Sometimes by examining where one is losing they can reach conclusions about why. I will give some personal examples of some of my failures. I have consistently won decent money betting mlb. It has been a solid form of income for me for years... BUT I have also consistently LOST money betting mlb at the end of august and beginning of september. I had to go back and figure out why. Maybe i will never know why but i eventually came to the conclusion that the teams are so drastically different at that time as the teams out of the playoff race call up minor league prospects. I don't think i have a good handle on the prospects/minor leaguers. It has cost me money. But now that i realize (or think i realize) the mistake i am making, i hope to reverse the trend this year with more knowledge of who these players are and how they will likely translate in the majors. I will give you another example.... Many years ago i was betting nhl..... not handicapping really .. just playing a system that involved parlaying a goal and half to the under at certain price parameters. It was a proven winner for years and years and i am sure some of the people here were making money on it as well. All of the sudden it became a big loser. It took me way too long to figure out why but it was a direct result of rule changes made to the game itself (elimination of ties being the main one). The point is ... sometimes we are doing all the right things and losing anyways and sometimes we are making mistakes. We have to look at what we are doing to make a true determination of which is occurring.
Now, about the huge bet you are making. you know that this isnt good bankroll management. Win or lose this bet my suggestion to you is to LOWER your normal unit size , analyze what changes ( if any, because again , you may just be running bad) you need to make and keep trying. If you continue to lose, then perhaps mlb isn't your game. but atleast you will have given yourself the chance to find out if you are good or bad. The result of this one game will have a huge bearing on what your current plus/minus unit standing is at but will have little meaning as to method , approach and execution of being a winning or losing player.
Give yourself a fair chance at beating mlb before you quit , and win or lose the james bet tomorrow lower your unit size until you determine if you can win. Believe me when i say that come mid august my unit will lower until i prove to myself that i have found and corrected my errors from previous years.

BOL

texasfight type in paragraphs thats hard to read.

other then that ...

goodthread.gif

Cheers,
brewer
peace.gif

thanks renew..gl to you too bro.

texas, I am one who prides myself on money management and the losing has just really gotten to me so that is why I made the bet I did. I cracked, I made a mistake, shit happens. I have won at MLB for years and have never had this bad of a run..and usually bet anywhere from 1-2 units a game with 3 usually being the highest. In the past I would make 1-2 bets a week and I really strayed away from that this year, and don't know why, but I have learned my lesson. Thanks for the advice.

Hope i didnt come off preachy there. Was really just trying to remind you how long the season is. We all go through losing , stay confident in yourself. Always helps to avoid the big guy below

:moose:

LOL, that is for sure, have had a few of those already, but that's ok. It wasn't preachy at all..I'm not a dick and I'm not arrogant, and I am open to any kind of suggestions for anything. Thanks again.

looks like Jerome Williams is takin the ball for the Nasty Nats instead of Chico according to my sources, didn't know if this affected your play and if you had your pitchers listed.......the line is coming down a little so if you are still interested you may be able to get a better #....
GL today

thanks fellas.

sexy better get back BAR.

Kmacc, At my book I couldn't get RL at listed pitchers last night so it is still a go.

Back