Extra Point and FGs

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
A couple of things:

Does everyone like that it was moved back to the present spot for the XP? If not, why and where should it be(even if you like it moved back, would you go farther?)

Regarding the rule about leaping over the center which has been done by teams this year and has been pivotal in a few games to the result. Should this be allowed and should it be modified if so?

Appreciate the feedback. :vkshake:

A couple of things:

Does everyone like that it was moved back to the present spot for the XP? If not, why and where should it be(even if you like it moved back, would you go farther?)

Regarding the rule about leaping over the center which has been done by teams this year and has been pivotal in a few games to the result. Should this be allowed and should it be modified if so?

Appreciate the feedback. :vkshake:

no it should not be allowed IF the rule is u can't hit the long snapper. So u are saying well ok try n jump over him but we really don't want him touched.. stupid.

I like the moved back xp.

I think the NFL will make a rule in the off season to stop the guy from jumping over. I do think it's a little dangerous. If the jumper hits the center as he is coming up, both could get hurt. If they don't stop it, would it be worth it to take a roster spot for a hurdler? You could almost be sure you would block every kick. Teams would have to stop trying them. Wonder if you could jump over on a punt and get to the kicker in time?

I like the change in the XP.... anything that adds uncertainty makes the game more exciting

Why should it be stopped? That would make zero sense..... you're going to inhibit guys who are athletic enough to get vertical? The injury reason is absurd...

What I dont get is if you see a guy running to jump... why the fuck do you snap the ball? The ravens werent even paying attention because their kicking game is automatic

I like the change in the XP.... anything that adds uncertainty makes the game more exciting

Why should it be stopped? That would make zero sense..... you're going to inhibit guys who are athletic enough to get vertical?

What I dont get is if you see a guy running to jump... why the fuck do you snap the ball? The ravens werent even paying attention because their kicking game is automatic

Umm nbafan that's why I know u never put a jackstrap on.. the center snapping is not looking, his head is down. Every damn team from NFL down to jr high has a kid 'athletic' enough to hurdle a center. It's like a 5.5 foot hurdle.

nba - I'm not 100% sold it should be stopped, but I don't think the nfl will allow it to continue. I do believe that any injures are hot spot right now, the nfl is always trying to limit the potential for guys to get hurt.

if you time it right I think it's very hard to not hike the ball

no it should not be allowed IF the rule is u can't hit the long snapper. So u are saying well ok try n jump over him but we really don't want him touched.. stupid.

Ok, so this is kinda my thought too....

BUT, the more I think about it, IF it was allowed, wouldn't everyone go for the leap everytime?

Ok, so this is kinda my thought too....

BUT, the more I think about it, IF it was allowed, wouldn't everyone go for the leap everytime?

just makes no sense to me but it's the NFL, u can't touch the snapper but ok try n hurdle him lol

Umm nbafan that's why I know u never put a jackstrap on.. the center snapping is not looking, his head is down. Every damn team from NFL down to jr high has a kid 'athletic' enough to hurdle a center. It's like a 5.5 foot hurdle.

Lol wa just gonna say

The guys head is down, ha can't see bro

I'd think the guards could at least attempt to let the snapper know verbally a jumper was coming. Just about every other play requires some last second o-line communication.

I like the new rule re moving it back

Should not be allowed to jump over center imo

I know kickers/punters get no respect, but this game is called football for a reason & kicking is one of the skills in the game....just ask this kid in the "punt,pass & kick" competition:

6a0120a6dde087970b013488c9ee8a970c-pi

I like the new rule re moving it back

Should not be allowed to jump over center imo

I know kickers/punters get no respect, but this game is called football for a reason & kicking is one of the skills in the game....just ask this kid in the "punt,pass & kick" competition:

6a0120a6dde087970b013488c9ee8a970c-pi

Haha
I forgot that about Fat Andy

I love the Kool Aid shot of him busting in the locker room haha

I hate the fucking pat move. Puts too much emphasis on the kicking game. Team busts their ass to make a late comeback only to lose by 1 because a fucking kicker shanks one. I totally get the arguments FOR this but I just don't agree with them.

I do like the move, I'm ok with making hurdling the long snapper illegal...biggest thing to come from all of this will be that kickers are gonna get paid handsomely. And they should, they are the differences between wins and losses more now than ever. Heard one kicker say how much the longer XP has an effect on the rest of the kicking game in general due to confidence...it is nuts how many XPs have been missed, yet field goals in the same range are still virtually automatic.

Back