Extra inning rule 2020 mlb

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
Are you for it or against it?

Personally, I think it's an unfair advantage to the ROAD team who get to bat first when you have a 75% chance of scoring from 2nd base with no outs.

I'd like to see the road team start at first base, home team at 2nd base.

I'm all for the game being quicker, but it's bullshit advantage for road teams. Pitchers are more nervous at start of extras too. More pressure.

It fucks the home teams is my point.

i don't like it, but it helps the home teams. Your idea to give the home team a 20% win expectancy advantage just for paying for the fertilizer is silly when there's already a huge advantage

Previously, if the road team doesn't score top 10 it's likely going to lose. As a road dog bettor, I know that life well. With a runner on 2nd and road team doesn't score, it's a nearly a guaranteed loss where even bunting the man to 3rd and wasting an out hated by all advanced metrics is seen to create positive win expectancy

i don't like it, but it helps the home teams. Your idea to give the home team a 20% win expectancy advantage just for paying for the fertilizer is silly when there's already a huge advantage

Previously, if the road team doesn't score top 10 it's likely going to lose. As a road dog bettor, I know that life well. With a runner on 2nd and road team doesn't score, it's a nearly a guaranteed loss where even bunting the man to 3rd and wasting an out hated by all advanced metrics is seen to create positive win expectancy

I see your point too....I'd love to have the ratio on this at end of year.

Too many crazy rules. A reliever has to face a minimum of 3 batters too right?

How bout the double headers will be 7 inning games now too? Crazy.

Too many crazy rules. A reliever has to face a minimum of 3 batters too right?

How bout the double headers will be 7 inning games now too? Crazy.

All correct.

I believe ANY pitcher has to face 3 batters minimum at any point of the game.

More teams testing positive. This is only going to spread even more. Mind boggling how contagious this is. If we eventually have a death of an athlete 2020 sports will be done

My thoughts exactly. Basketball and hockey are doing it right. Baseball and football wont survive their approach.

I dunno if logistically a bubble be possible in the nfl? The players union made it not possible for baseball. Nfl just has such big rosters and be a much longer time in the bubble. Gotta think nfl watching this baseball shit show and trying to come up with better ideas.

Did I just hear correctly that double headers are now only gonna be 7 innings? Local radio so busy talking bout cards Rona situation they didn’t say much bout this but I could have swore them mention new rule, double headers be 7 innings! If that true that gonna be Very odd.

Did I just hear correctly that double headers are now only gonna be 7 innings? Local radio so busy talking bout cards Rona situation they didn’t say much bout this but I could have swore them mention new rule, double headers be 7 innings! If that true that gonna be Very odd.
Yeah. I posted a link on post 14 in this thread. It's real.

It is real, but not unprecedented in sports. Minor leagues have been playing 7 inning doubleheaders for decades. Other sports also use different lengths of time for different events/games. NHL plays regular season OT with 3 on 3 and shootouts, playoffs go 5 on 5 sudden death. For the longest time boxing championship bouts went 15 rounds, regular bouts went 12, newer fighters went 10 or less. Men's tennis goes best of 5 in majors, best of 3 everywhere else. Golf plays stroke play most of the time but throws in a match play week. That's just off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Back