ESPN Handicapper's picks--Week 9

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Last week the pickers had several picks in common including all of them taking Temple. This week, no picks in common. Bear, as usual found a couple of bad teams to bet. Steve bet three favorites. Not his usual pattern.
WEEK 9 PICKS

Chris Fallica Last Season 32-34-2) Week 8 (4-4) Season (26-23-1) (* Bank Picks on Gameday—Week 8 (3-0) Season: (11-11)
Appalachian St. at Ga. Southern – Ga. Southern (+9.5)
Texas at Oklahoma St. – Oklahoma St. (+3.5)
Oregon at Arizona – Arizona (+9.5)
San Diego St. at Nevada – Nevada (+2.5)
Purdue at Michigan St. – Purdue (+2.5)

Stanford Steve Last Season 32-27-1) Week 8 (4-1) Season (29-10) Best Pick, Season record (5-1)
Kentucky at Missouri – Missouri (-7) * (Best Bet)
Washington St. at Stanford – Washington St. (+3)
Texas Tech at Iowa St. – Iowa St. (-3.5)
South Fla. at Houston – Houston (-7.5)

Phil Season Week 8 (6-2) Season (30-14)
Oregon at Arizona – Oregon (-9.5)
Iowa at Penn St. – Iowa (+6.5)
North Carolina at Virginia – North Carolina (+9.5)
Wake Forest at Louisville – Louisville (-2.5)
Kansas St. at Oklahoma – Kansas St. (+25)
FIU at Western Ky. – Western Ky. (+3.5)
Florida vs Georgia – Florida (+7)

Scott Van Pelt Week 8 (4-5) Season (33-28-1)
Utah at UCLA – UCLA (+10.5)
Clemson at Florida St. – Florida St. (+17)
Kentucky at Missouri – Missouri (-7)
Texas at Oklahoma St. – Oklahoma St. (+3)
Texas A&M at Mississippi St. – Mississippi St. (-2)
Wisconsin at Northwestern – Over (52.5)
Duke at Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh (+2.5)
Oregon at Arizona – Arizona (+9.5)
Washington at California – California (+12)

Colin Blazing Five Week 7 (4-1) Season (21-13-1)
NY Jets at Chicago – Chicago (-7)
Tampa Bay at Cincinnati – Cincinnati (-4.5)
Seattle at Detroit – Seattle (+3)
San Francisco at Arizona – San Francisco (pk)
Green Bay at LA Rams – Green Bay (+9.5)

My Picks Last Season 50-34-2) Week 8 (9-4) (Season 43-27-2)
Multi-unit picks (12-1) Max Picks (1-0) (+52.5 units)
(Four Units)
Miami Fla at Boston College—Boston College (+4)
(One unit)
Baylor at West Virginia—West Virginia -14
Umass at UConn—Under 71(I said I’d never take another under the rest of my life, but this one is strictly a weather play. Nor’easter will hit right at kickoff. If the forecast changes I’ll buy this one out and hope to middle)
Three Units)
Umass at UConn—Under 65(Sat: storm is even worse than forecast. Adding three units on under 65, also making under 65 first half of two-team parlay for one-half unit. I'll figure out the other team later) (Adding Washington State +3 as other team in my half unit parlay with Uconn/Umass under).
Iowa at Penn State—Iowa +6x
(One Unit)
Georgia—Florida—Georgia -6x
Texas A&M at Mississippi State—aTm +2
Saturday
Liked Iowa State, but that line got away from me. Have same concern about both teams—do they have anything left in the tank—but adding a parlay:
(Empty tank parlay, one half unit)
Purdue +2
Washington State +3

Last edited:
Added SVP's picks and Steve made Missouri -7 his Pick of the Week.

SVP has been picking dogs all year until last week when he had one favorite. This week he has two favorites, including Missouri. No explanation for why he and Steve are so in love with Missouri.

Last edited:
Adding Colin's Blazing Five. A couple look enticing.

Colin Blazing Five Week 7 (4-1) Season (21-13-1)
NY Jets at Chicago – Chicago (-7)
Tampa Bay at Cincinnati – Cincinnati (-4.5)
Seattle at Detroit – Seattle (+3)
San Francisco at Arizona – San Francisco (pk)
Green Bay at LA Rams – Green Bay (+9.5)

i was listening to Clay Travis this morning and he picked Florida State v Clemson + the points and one of his reasons was because it's a night game.

Uhmmmm Clay, it's a Noon kickoff

I always wanted to email him and take a few shots at this huge error but decided not to waste my time and am just posting it here for a laugh.

these Weekend Warriors are hilarious

i was listening to Clay Travis this morning and he picked Florida State v Clemson + the points and one of his reasons was because it's a night game.

I always wanted to email him and take a few shots at this huge error but decided not to waste my time and am just posting it here for a laugh.

I always laugh when people like that pick games and say "I'll take name the favorite AND the points" or they say "I'll take name the dog and GIVE the points". I hear some of the same people making the same language gaffs over and over.

I will defend him a little. He is sick as a dog right now and a little drugged up. And his schedule is ridiculous.
But with as much work as he does , he should know the time of the he game. Lol

Adding the following:
(Four units)
Iowa at Penn State—Iowa +6x
(One Unit)
Georgia—Florida—Georgia -6x
Texas A&M at Mississippi State—aTm +2

Strong lean Washington State, but they may not have much left in the tank so going to sleep on that one, lean to Purdue, Iowa State, Kentucky, Houston. I’ll decide tomorrow

Good luck to all.

Just realized I posted this on the results from Week 8 thread
Liked Iowa State, but that line got away from me. Have same concern about both teams—do they have anything left in the tank—but adding a parlay:
(Empty tank parlay, one half unit)
Purdue +2
Washington State +3

Last edited:
It looks like our guy Phil Steele got shelled. How about ole' doctor bob. Any word on his results this year ?

Back