ESPN Handicapper's Picks Week 7

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Steve pointed out he didn't even bother to handicap the Kansas/W Virginia game, he is going to give the points against Kansas automatically every game this year

The Bear—Week 7 (0-0) Season (8-8)
UCF at Memphis – UCF (-3)
BC at Virginia_Tech – Virginia_Tech (-11.5)

Bear’s Bank Picks—Week 7 (0-0) Season (10-5)

Stanford Steve— Week 7 (0-0) Season (12-6) Best Bet (4-1)

Florida_Intl at Charlotte – Charlotte (-7)
Navy at East_Carolina – Over (59)
Kansas at West_Virginia – West_Virginia (-22 Best Bet
North_Texas at MTSU – North_Texas (+7)

Bill Trocci— Week 7 (0-0) Season (14-10)

Tennessee +5.5
Texas A&M -6.5
North Carolina -12
Alabama -4
Boston College +12

Phil Steele-- Week 7 (0-0) Season (7-12)
South Carolina + 3.5
West Virginia -22.5
Syracuse + 3
Navy -2.5
Southern Miss -6.5
Jacksonville State -8.5

Scott Van Pelt— Week 7 (0-0) Season (11-10)
Tulane +6x
Houston +5
Fla State +13x
Arkansas +2
Miss State +5
Pro
Eagles +7x
Bills +5
Texans +7 (gave this one as a bonus pick)

Joey and Jesse Virtual Locks
Joey
(22-5 last year) Week 7 (0-0) Season (5-1)
Clemson -27
aTm/Miss St over 55.5
Jesse (16-11 last year) Week 7 (0-0) (1-1)) Season (3-3)
Alabama -5
NC State -4.5

Colin Cowherd Blazing Five—Week 6 (0-0) Season (11-13)
Baltimore (-7.5)
Pittsburgh (-4)
Green Bay (-1)
San Francisco (+3.5)
New England (-9.5)

My Picks— Week 7 (0-0) Season (13-11)
Coastal Carolina +9x
UCF -3
S Carolina +3x
Bama -4
Miss State +5x (cancelled this one out with aTm -4 because kylin Hill is out)
Kentucky +6x

Boxing
Few bucks on Lopes to upset Lomechenko
Few on Lopez by knockout
Pure gamble on both bets

Last edited:
ESPN+ Best Bets

Doug Kezirian
(5-0 last week, 10-3 overall)
Arkansas +2.5
North Carolina team total O38.5
BYU team total O33.5
Clemson team total O44.5

Bill Connelly (1-2, 9-7)
Virginia -2.5
FIU +7

Preston Johnson (3-1, 10-8)
Syracuse/Liberty O52.5
Duke/NC State O59.5
Virginia Tech -12

David Hale (1-1, 8-6)
Pitt +13
Syracuse +3.5

Added Bama -4 to my picks.

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, made the C Carolina bet and posted it on Cavs thread of Tulsa/Cincinnati because I didn't have any picks from the ESPN guys on Wednesday when that game kicked off.

Lean to N C State and Virginia but waiting to see what 2dabank thinks. He's the go-to guy on the ACC.

Last edited:
On the podcast Bear said he wasn't really sure about his V Tech pick, but was picking it because he felt like BC was going to be the favorite public dog of the weekend and he likes to bet against public dogs.

Steve said he didn't even bother to handicap his W Virginia pick, he was just going to give the points every week against Kansas, no matter how many he had to give, and bet against them the rest of the season.

Then he made it his Best Bet on SVP

Steve has cleaned up fading ku!! Lol. I did it the 1st 2 weeks but then the numbers started scaring me off. Hasn’t seemed to matter! No number to big to lay against Ku. Worst power 5 team ever!???

Is Vtech finally gonna start Hooker? I think that unc game way different if Hooker plays from jump and after seeing him after he came in no fuckin clue why he didn’t start?!!?? We cleaned up on Hokies once he took over last year! Why this asshole coach keep fucking around with that other scrub?!?!?

Great number on coastal I played them +4.5 1st and +7.5 gane. Didn’t matter. Pissed didn’t get any money line!!

You have any thoughts for tonight Tahoe? I went byu-4 and Tulane +7. Don’t love either but I am big into the more physical team and just think byu physicality will be to much for houston. I love SMU but they lost their big time weapon on the outside in Robertson, they have some other nice guys but none are the matchup beast he is, that loss really sucks for them!! (He had 5 catches for 250 against Memphis before going down! How you replace that???).. considered under thinking they might look to run little more but under in a Smu game and only in the low 60s? No thanks!! Lol

I'm staying away from V Tech until they announce once and for all who is playing and who isn't. They keep announcing everyone is back, then the game starts and half of them are out for the game and, as you pointed out, they don't play Hooker for a long period for no reason.

Some of these coaches are still living in the past where they would punish a guy for having an injury by keeping him on the bench for a half even after he is back. Patterson at TCU did it with Duggan against Iowa State for no reason. He finally put him in the second half and the guy played lights out, but they had already fallen behind and he almost came back and won the game for them

You have any thoughts for tonight Tahoe?
No, that BYU/Houston game interests me, but they look too even to me to bet it either way, so just took a small (20 to win 50) parlay of overs in both games for a rooting interest.

What are you thinking in the Virginia/WF and NC St/Duke games? I was leaning to Pitt + 14 until I heard Pickett is hobbled and may or may not play so I'm skipping that one, but have a slight lean to Virginia and NC St

Lean to Mississippi State and Arkansas, but still pondering. Steve and Bear started their podcast discussing how both those lines look way to small based on performance and both said they were staying away.

Last edited:
I heard the Bear say today on the First Team (Sirius XM) that Tulane was one of his favorite two games this week. I forget who the other was.

No, that BYU/Houston game interests me, but they look too even to me to bet it either way, so just took a small (20 to win 50) parlay of overs in both games for a rooting interest.

What are you thinking in the Virginia/WF and NC St/Duke games? I was leaning to Pitt + 14 until I heard Pickett is hobbled and may or may not play so I'm skipping that one, but have a slight lean to Virginia and NC St

Lean to Mississippi State and Arkansas, but still pondering. Steve and Bear started their podcast discussing how both those lines look way to small based on performance and both said they were staying away.

My initial thought was why the fuck is ncst-4.5?!?!? Is it cause the secret still not out on them or Is the inconsistent duke squad ready to put it together??? Ncst has to be one of squarest ass plays on the board don’t they?? I don’t like when everyone catches up tO a secret I thought I had?!,?,?? My 1st reaction was ncst easy money but I’ve learned often times my 1st reaction can often be the squarest and worst!! Im about to really dive into that game and I’ll come back with what I find.

I dunno extent if picket but my feeling if we like dog to cover it flies over.

not comfy w uva, I have work to do’

why did Hooker not start last week ??! Imo that unc game way diffrrrnt if he did!!!!

I dunno bout wake., another game I need 2 hours of work on. I’ll be back!!!

ESPN is reporting Les Miles won't even travel to W Virginia for the game tomorrow because of the virus. I'm starting to like that WV side myself

ESPN is reporting Les Miles won't even travel to W Virginia for the game tomorrow because of the virus. I'm starting to like that WV side myself

How many points is Les Miles worth on the line? None! They have turf in Morgantown so no grass to eat, doubt they miss him.

I like WVU too, genuinely, not just vs KU, I think WVU D is pretty decent for Big Xll group and I think the O has potential, although not great. Now...part of me feels this feels a little like the KU-BC game. Let's hope not. Probably just me being chalk adverse.

I just can’t find any reason not to pound ncst, unless success going to their head they the way better team. I could argue they at least 10 points better than duke.

I dunno why the Pitt:canes number dropping unless Pickett can’t go? All I read says he playing. If so that total is short. Long as canes pissed off they score 35+ here. Pitt good for at least 17.,

That basically me acc card.

liberty-3
Ncst-4.5
Pitt/canes over 47.5
Ville/Nd over 61.5
I could see something on Vtech or over that later gm.

Man I laid it vs ku 1st 2 weeks (well got points vs coastal!) then laid 18 w Baylor. Chickened out when they started getting into the 20s. I like wvu but isn’t this higher than okie lite laid?? How bout the under instead? Wku d is what I really like bout them. I can’t see ku scoring more than 10-14..,, is wvu gonna go over 35? Do they lay it on teams??

WVU number dropped? Who is taking Kansas?

I dunno but for them to cover it has to stay way under imo. Only logic I can see is wvu laying big a number as a better okie lite team did (of course they covered easily), I know it home compared to road but I’m not putting lot of stock into that this year.

Auburn has a large horseshoe implanted in their collective arse, Nix has been horrible bailing out on plays and inaccurate. Can their luck extend another week?

To me, Auburn and South Carolina appear very very similar. Average type QBs, poor OLs, one WR, they both want to run the ball, defense is more of a strength than O, but not great either. Two new OCs, two HCs that seem like they are always on the hot seat.

I like the Navy-ECU Under, but it has dropped a good bit on the speculation about Ahlers. I think Navy O isn't up to standards, ECU D has better plan to face it and ECU O will be less effective without Ahlers.

Really would like you to sell me on scary if you have a minute Tahoe, I’m leaving for book In bout 20 min
I like the SC RB and QB and the D better at home than Auburn. This may be the week that Nix gets it together, but so far Aub hasn't looked good on offense mainly because Nix seems so disorganized.

By the way the Pitt QB is officially out for this game

Steve pointed out he didn't even bother to handicap the Kansas/W Virginia game, he is going to give the points against Kansas automatically every game this year

The Bear—Week 7 (0-0) Season (8-8)
BC at Virginia_Tech – Virginia_Tech (-11.5)

Bear’s Bank Picks—Week 7 (0-0) Season (10-5)

Stanford Steve— Week 7 (0-0) Season (12-6) Best Bet (4-1)

Florida_Intl at Charlotte – Charlotte (-7)
Navy at East_Carolina – Over (59)
Kansas at West_Virginia – West_Virginia (-22 Best Bet
North_Texas at MTSU – North_Texas (+7)

Bill Trocci— Week 7 (0-0) Season (14-10)

Tennessee +5.5
Texas A&M -6.5
North Carolina -12
Alabama -4
Boston College +12

Phil Steele-- Week 7 (0-0) Season (7-12)
South Carolina + 3.5
West Virginia -22.5
Syracuse + 3
Navy -2.5
Southern Miss -6.5
Jacksonville State -8.5

Scott Van Pelt— Week 7 (0-0) Season (11-10)
Tulane +6x
Houston +5
Fla State +13x
Arkansas +2
Miss State +5
Pro
Eagles +7x
Bills +5
Texans +7 (gave this one as a bonus pick)

Joey and Jesse Virtual Locks
Joey
(22-5 last year) Week 7 (0-0) Season (5-1)
Clemson -27
aTm/Miss St over 55.5
Jesse (16-11 last year) Week 7 (0-0) (1-1)) Season (3-3)
Alabama -5
NC State -4.5

Colin Cowherd Blazing Five—Week 6 (0-0) Season (11-13)
Baltimore (-7.5)
Pittsburgh (-4)
Green Bay (-1)
San Francisco (+3.5)
New England (-9.5)

My Picks— Week 7 (0-0) Season (13-11)
Coastal Carolina +9x
UCF -3
S Carolina +3x
Bama -4
Miss State +5x
Kentucky +6x

Boxing
Few bucks on Lopes to upset Lomechenko
Few on Lopez by knockout
Pure gamble on both bets
Great thread. Thanks for all the work on this, Tahoe.

I got fucked on the Pitt/canes game. Thought for sure Pickett was playing. Guess move should have told me otherwise since it was too low at 49.5 if he was. Pitt would have 2 scores with Pickett, this kid a bum. We need full discloses now that gambling above the board!! I could have easily went with the uk under instead in my RR

I got fucked on the Pitt/canes game. Thought for sure Pickett was playing. Guess move should have told me otherwise since it was too low at 49.5 if he was. Pitt would have 2 scores with Pickett, this kid a bum. We need full discloses now that gambling above the board!! I could have easily went with the uk under instead in my RR
Agreed. I have over 35 on my teaser and still shittin bricks

Except these cock munchers keep fucjing up in scoring range. In fairness Pickett was doing same thing all year.

Back