ESPN Handicapper's Picks--Week 6

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
I usually see the games pretty close to how Steve sees them, but this week I like the other side of three of his. I like his Bama/Olel Miss over, but won't take that until game time and I get to see what the weather is like

The Bear—Week 6 (0-0) Season (5-7)
Miami_FL at Clemson – Miami_FL (+14)
Arkansas at Auburn – Arkansas (+14)
Texas vs Oklahoma – Oklahoma (-2)
Florida at Texas_A&M – Texas_A&M (+6.5)
Bear’s Bank Picks—Week 6 (0-0) Season (7-5)
BC +6.5
Georgia -12.5
Iowa State -11.5

Stanford Steve— Week 6 (0-0) Season (9-4) Best Bet (3-1)
Tennessee at Georgia – Tennessee (+12.5)
Mississippi_St at Kentucky – Kentucky (-2) Best Bet
Florida_St at Notre_Dame – Notre_Dame (-20.5)
Texas vs Oklahoma – Oklahoma (-2)
Alabama at Mississippi – Over (66)

Bill Trocci— Week 6 (0-0) (4-1) Season (11-8)

Texas A&M +6.5
Virginia Tech +5.5
Texas +2
Georgia -12.5
Clemson -14

Phil Steele-- Week 6 (0-0) Season (6-8)
Texas+2.5 vs Oklahoma
NC State+8 vs Virginia
WKU+7.5 vs Marshall
TCU-8.5 vs Kansas State
Jacksonville St-7.5 vs Mercer

Scott Van Pelt— Week 6 (0-0) Season (8-8)
E Carolina at S Florida – E Carolina (+4)
Florida at Texas A&M – Texas A&M (+6.5)
S Carolina at Vanderbilt – Vanderbilt (+14.5)
Pro
Philadelphia at Pittsburgh – Philadelphia (+7)
Minnesota at Seattle – Minnesota (+7)

Joey and Jesse Virtual Locks
Joey
(22-5 last year) Week 6 (0-0)Season (3-1)
Florida/aTm over 66
Marshall -7.5
Jesse (16-11 last year) Week 6 (0-0)) Season (2-2)
Clemson -14
Texas +2.5

Colin Cowherd Blazing Five—Week 5 (0-0) Season (10-9)
Carolina at Atlanta – Atlanta (-2.5)
Jacksonville at Houston – Jacksonville (+6)
LA Rams at Washington – Washington (+7.5)
Indianapolis at Cleveland – Indianapolis (-1)
Minnesota at Seattle – Minnesota (+7)

My Picks— Week 6 (0-0) Season (11-8)
Texas +2x
Arkansas +14
Virg Tech +5
Texas/Okla over 72
Strong lean to Bama/Ole Miss over and Georgia, lean to Clemson, Miss State, N Dame, BYU over, but I'm going to wait to get game time weather updates

Last edited:
Weather forecast for some of the games

Oxford, Miss steady rain the entire game, wind 10 mph
Athens, Ga showers off and on all day, wind 5 mph
Clemson, SC rain entire game, wind 5 mph
Dallas, Tex sunny, no wind
Auburn, Al thunderstorms throughout game, wind 12 mph
College Station, Tx sunny, wind 5 mph
Provo. Utah sunny, wind10 mph

Weather forecast for some of the games

Oxford, Miss steady rain the entire game, wind 10 mph
Athens, Ga showers off and on all day, wind 5 mph
Clemson, SC rain entire game, wind 5 mph
Dallas, Tex sunny, no wind
Auburn, Al thunderstorms throughout game, wind 12 mph
College Station, Tx sunny, wind 5 mph
Provo. Utah sunny, wind10 mph
No wind in Oxford? Good to hear if so.

Cowherd's Blazing 5: Blazing 5: Colin Cowherd Gives His Five Best NFL Picks For Week 5 (Oct. 11) | FOX Sports Radio

Colin's pick: Atlanta -2.5
Colin's pick: Jacksonville +6
Colin's pick: Washington +7.5
Colin's pick: Indianapolis -1
Colin's pick. Minnesota +7

I know it early but this really the worst I can recall his blazing 5 being so far this year. Other than our very own Cap Colin one the very few I’ve seen post very good nfl records almost yearly. Something that baffles me since I never been able to consistently win at this shit!!!

cant believe he on atl, he swears them off every time they fuck him and here he goes again!!! Lol

I know it early but this really the worst I can recall his blazing 5 being so far this year. Other than our very own Cap Colin one the very few I’ve seen post very good nfl records almost yearly. Something that baffles me since I never been able to consistently win at this shit!!!

cant believe he on atl, he swears them off every time they fuck him and here he goes again!!! Lol
Yeah on his ATL pick, his female sidekick (forget her name) called him out on taking ATL again lol.

Yeah on his ATL pick, his female sidekick (forget her name) called him out on taking ATL again lol.

I think after the Dallas game, or maybe the bears game, he told her it was her new job to not let him bet atl, and here he goes again!! Lol. The crazy part is he was one the few ppl (along with me) who liked the panthers win total over. Everyone was telling him he was too high on panthers, so they start pretty well and now he taking atl vs them!!!

do you know if the espn plus picks for steve and bear are the same as the ones on here this week? haha
Stanford Steve/The Bear picks from ESPN+

Stanford Steve
Bama/Ole Piss o70
Oklahoma -2.5
Kentucky -2

The Bear
Georgia -12
aTm +6.5
Oklahoma -2.5

Bear's ML dogs
aTm +200
WKU +210
BC +190
The U +450

Added Phil Steele's picks.

Boy, a lot of action on that Marshall/WKY game. One of the bookies I bet with said he was getting more money on that on than he ever gets on a Group of 5 game, and more of it going on WKY.

Texas+2.5 vs Oklahoma
NC State+8 vs Virginia
WKU+7.5 vs Marshall
TCU-8.5 vs Kansas State
Jacksonville St-7.5 vs Mercer

Oh man. I love hearing that! I don’t understand all the Marshall love really? Just cause they beat a app st team that has had a insane amount of coaching turnover last few years? Who coulda easily lost to Charlotte? Wku started off with a very tough schedule while breaking in the new transfer qb. These 2 usually play battles and you gonna give me 7 points!?!? I wish Wku has found more a run game but I think pigrome duel threat ass will be tough for we are to deal with, it only gonna take 2-3 big plays to go long way to deciding this one! These teams have been in some real battles last several years, dunno why this year be any different? Cause Marshall smoked some bum team and beat a app st team who has issues?? Wku had to face a couple incredibly tough offenses to start the year, both who have duel threat QBs, now Marshall gonna get a taste of Wku transfer qb who can run around and make plays. Wku all day for me. Love hearing your guy say that. The contest im in last count I saw was like 21-1 in favor or Marshall!!!

damn, I misread your post Tahoe. You saying your guy taking Wku money? That odd, that contradicts the stuff I’ve seen and the line moving up. I was gonna be pumped had you been saying all his ppl been betting WE ARE, like I been seeing. Like I said in thst contest I play in it 21-2 Marshall I believe. And with way line shot up figure gotta be lot of Marshall love.

Hate seeing Joey with virtual lock on Marshall. Don’t understand how ya lay over a td in that game.

You saying your guy taking Wku money?
Yeah, he's getting more money overall on the game than he ever gets on a Group of 5 game, so much he was checking to see if there was some big news about it he had missed. There wasn't any particular game, people are just liking that game for some reason.

And he's getting more on WKY although not enough he's changed the number

Last edited:
Yeah, he's getting more money overall on the game than he ever gets on a Group of 5 game, so much he was checking to see if there was some big news about it he had missed. There wasn't any particular game, people are just liking that game for some reason.

And he's getting more on WKY although not enough he's changed the number

woulda much rather heard he was taking Marshall money but yea I really like that game too. 7.5 just seems like a ton of points for a couple teams that known to get into dog fights! Marshall has won the last 3 but the last 2 came down to last second Fgs and the 3rd was a 7 point game. Seems like when these 2 meet up it often goes to the wire.

@TahoeLegend I'm just curious, to try to figure this all out... So for SS/Bear do you only go by the podcast picks/Bear bank picks and not include their ESPN+ picks (anything additional)?

I just list the picks they release on Thusday.

All week long they make picks on Daily Wager although they usually say something like, if I were betting it I'd go with blah, blah, and make best picks of the day and such, but I only go with the ones they release on Thursday, the day they have always released their picks.

Those are the only ones they keep track of when they list their season records so that's all I list.

If you hear them--or any other good pickers for that matter--make other picks feel free to post them

Screenshot_20201010-100522~2.png
Ok.....they list the records on ESPN+, assuming they include the picks they're releasing on the same page, and, these are the records they show.

You're the go-to man on the ACC, 2dabank, what are you thinking on NC State/Virginia?

im sorry bro I was out all morning. Passed on vaTech cause Hooker didn’t start, I played the under 59 in the ncst/uva game and I have Pitt/BC over 43. Little nervous about conflicting reports about wind but 43 in a game I think we see 75 passes? Must play imo. I just hope there isn’t a bad cross wind. I saw 15mph most places which not bad but have heard potentially worse, hopefully it a goal to goal wind not a crosswind and hopefully it not much more than 15mph with maybe some gust at worst!!!

Not saying either team will have great success passing but lot of things can happen when you drop back to pass, I expect both QBs will be under some pressure so plenty chances for sack/fumble or picks. BC has no chance to run on that Pitt front 7 so I gotta assume they throw it close to 40 times if not more! Pitt run game sucks but they might have a little success vs BC defense and def expect Pickett will make some plays. Unless that wind is just brutal 43 is insanely low for a game I expect that many passes!

That Pitt total was like stealing baby!!
Good call, I read your post too late to get down on it, but the Bama/Old Miss total was the same. As soon as the broadcast came on they showed no rain, no wind, perfect weather so I got down just in time, but had to take 70

Back