ESPN Handicapper's Picks--Week 4

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Only 3 picks by Bear and Steve combined so far this week.

The BearWeek 4 (0-0) Season (4-6)
Duke at Virginia – Duke (+5.5)
Bank Picks—Week 4 (0-0) Season (3-3)

Stanford Steve—Week 4 (0-0) Season (5-2) Best Bet (1-1
)
Alabama at Missouri – Alabama (-27.5)
WVirginia at Okla St – West_Virginia (+7.5)
Kansas at Baylor – Baylor (-17.5) Best Bet
Pro
(Falcons -2.5 he picked this one Daily Wager, not part of his weekly picks)

Bill Trocci—Week 4 (0-0) Season (4-5)
Kentucky (+7.5)
Louisville (+2.5)
Oklahoma State (-8.5)
Miami (-11.5)
Tennessee (-3.5)

Phil Steele--Week 4 (0-0) Season (4-3)
Central Akransas-10.5 vs Missouri State
The Citadel-10 vs Eastern Kentucky
Southern Miss+3.5 vs Tulane
Miami-11 vs Florida State

Scott Van Pelt—Week 4 (0-0) Season (1-2)
Texas_St at Boston_College – Texas_St (+17.5)
Mississippi_St at LSU – Mississippi_St (+16.5)
Pro Picks

Tennessee at Minnesota – Minnesota (+2.5)
Detroit at Arizona – Detroit (+5.5)
Tampa Bay at Denver – Denver (+5.5)
Dallas at Seattle – Dallas (+5)

Joey and Jesse Virtual Locks

(not convinced on these two, but they did great last year)
Joey (22-5) last year Week 4 (0-0) Season (2-0)

Jesse
(16-11) last year Week 4 (0-0) Season (1-1)

Colin Cowherd Blazing Five—Week 3 (0-0) Season (4-6)

Bills -2.5 (says this is his strongest pick of the week)
Patriots -5.5
Bengals +5.5
Texans +4.5
Tampa Bay -6

My Picks—Week 4 (0-0) Season (2-3)
W Virginia +8
TCU +2x
Texas Tech +17x
Oklahoma -27x
Oklahoma/K State over 59x
Kentucky +7x
See several more I like, including laying some big numbers with top teams, but only pulled the trigger on these two so far

Last edited:
I fell asleep trying to listen to Steve and bears podcast which pretty much happens the 1st time I turn it on every week!! Will take another shot at it tonight! Lmao.

I went 2-3 last week but felt worse than that, mostly cause I think the ull play was awful. I dunno how I went from looking to fade ull off the isu win to freaking laying more than 2 tds?!?!? That was one the worst plays I’ve made in last 2 years imo. I knew it 2 min into the game, they were flat as I kinda figured would happen until convincing myself they might have momentum mostly cause there wasn’t much I could find I liked about their opponent. Should have been a straight pass, then I passed on a few I liked like NCst (losing on total instead) and Marshall who I can’t believe I passed on as app st was gonna be a target of mine early in year with so much coaching turnover last several years!! Ull showed some flashes as to why I inexplicably played them in 2nd half cause I think they vastly more talented than Georgia st, the spot sucked tho and I knew that!

I’m gonna do better this week but got a late start and have tons of work to do with the sec finally starting up!’

Sure wish I would have got to the army/cincy total sooner. Just not sure army gonna be able to score? I don’t recall if Cincy ever plays option teams but sure feels like a defense that should handle it fairly easily. 14 points a ton tho cause not real confident Bearcats do a whole lot of scoring either.

Last edited:
Added Steve's Best Bet and picks from Trocci and Steele and SVP.

By the way, 2dabank has a better season record than any of those above

Bills +2.5 (says this is his strongest pick of the week)
Patriots -5.5
Bengals +5.5
Texans +4.5
Tampa Bay -6

The Bills are -2.5, probably just a typo anyway. Was just going to say that at +2.5 I think that would be everyone’s strongest pick of the week. :vk handshake:

He had bills-2.5 on the show I’m pretty sure. I agree with him, bills my favorite play of the week for nfl also. I don’t post many nfl plays cause quite frankly I only bet beer money on it. The guys on here that seem to post winning season after winning season (Colin actually pretty good too) amaze me. Shit a roller coaster for me, I’ve had some really good years but I’ve had some nightmare years also, then some years seems like I can’t miss for one half the season and can’t pick my nose the other half!!

I listened to most the Steve and bear podcast last night before I feel asleep, they made a few pretty good points on couple games I was thinking I was gonna pass along but now I can’t remember wtf games they even were now! Lmao. Guess I’ll have to listen again! Steve made a pretty good case for Baylor or actually simply fading Kansas blind as crappy as they look!! Man I hate layin those kinda points but after watching coastal just beat Ku down for second straight year tough to make any case for them.

Talk to me bout tcu bud, I really feel like that a game isu has to win if they anywhere as close to the team ppl think they are. Of course if tcu can stay close at all isu just feels like a team that finds ways to lose!!! Hasn’t tcu had lot of Covid issues?

Only 3 picks by Bear and Steve combined so far this week.

The BearWeek 4 (0-0) Season (4-6)
Duke at Virginia – Duke (+5.5)
Bank Picks—Week 4 (0-0) Season (3-3)

Stanford Steve—Week 4 (0-0) Season (5-2) Best Bet (1-1
)
Alabama at Missouri – Alabama (-27.5)
WVirginia at Okla St – West_Virginia (+7.5)
Kansas at Baylor – Baylor (-17.5) Best Bet
Pro
(Falcons -2.5 he picked this one Daily Wager, not part of his weekly picks)

Bill Trocci—Week 4 (0-0) Season (4-5)
Kentucky (+7.5)
Louisville (+2.5)
Oklahoma State (-8.5)
Miami (-11.5)
Tennessee (-3.5)

Phil Steele--Week 4 (0-0) Season (4-3)
Central Akransas-10.5 vs Missouri State
The Citadel-10 vs Eastern Kentucky
Southern Miss+3.5 vs Tulane
Miami-11 vs Florida State

Scott Van Pelt—Week 4 (0-0) Season (1-2)
Texas_St at Boston_College – Texas_St (+17.5)
Mississippi_St at LSU – Mississippi_St (+16.5)
Pro Picks

Tennessee at Minnesota – Minnesota (+2.5)
Detroit at Arizona – Detroit (+5.5)
Tampa Bay at Denver – Denver (+5.5)
Dallas at Seattle – Dallas (+5)

Joey and Jesse Virtual Locks

(not convinced on these two, but they did great last year)
Joey (22-5) last year Week 4 (0-0) Season (2-0)

Jesse
(16-11) last year Week 4 (0-0) Season (1-1)

Bills +2.5 (says this is his strongest pick of the week)
Patriots -5.5
Bengals +5.5
Texans +4.5
Tampa Bay -6

My Picks—Week 4 (0-0) Season (2-3)
W Virginia +8
TCU +2x
See several more I like, including laying some big numbers with top teams, but only pulled the trigger on these two so far
Cowherd was against the Rams last week too. Bills have wins over the mighty Jets and Dolphins. I can see his logic.

Cowherd was against the Rams last week too. Bills have wins over the mighty Jets and Dolphins. I can see his logic.

You can only beat who you play. Bills were a playoff team last year and think it fair to say they have improved. Not that it matters but I’d take Miami over rams last opponent 2marro!!

You can only beat who you play. Bills were a playoff team last year and think it fair to say they have improved. Not that it matters but I’d take Miami over rams last opponent 2marro!!
You like Miami with their QB because they just whipped the Jags? Fyi, the weakest conference in the NFL is the AFC East and the best division is the NFC West. Dont allow any victory over Miami or the Jets to deceive you.
Bills vs Rams should be a great game and for Cowherd to say its his strongest play is not paying attention and is laughable.
Let's see where Miami ends up vs Philly. I see Philly 7-9 and Miami only because theyre in a weak division, 5-10 or at best 6-10

You like Miami with their QB because they just whipped the Jags? Fyi, the weakest conference in the NFL is the AFC East and the best division is the NFC West. Dont allow any victory over Miami or the Jets to deceive you.
Bills vs Rams should be a great game and for Cowherd to say its his strongest play is not paying attention and is laughable.
Let's see where Miami ends up vs Philly. I see Philly 7-9 and Miami only because theyre in a weak division, 5-10 or at best 6-10

bills my favorite play on Sunday. Didn’t realize you knew so much more than everyone else to laugh at our plays. I don’t give a shit what happened yesterday night, you keep assuming things tho, it laughable. I know playing the fish right now tougher than playing the eagles who play in the absolute worst div in football. Id take bills and pats at top of that div over Dallas and Philly any day. Fish prob better than skins. Jets and giants equally awful.

Settle down junior. Can you have a debate with getting your panties in a bunch. Bills being the strongest play is laughable.

Settle down junior. Can you have a debate with getting your panties in a bunch. Bills being the strongest play is laughable.

I got your jr swinging kid. A debate doesn’t include some disrespectful jerk off acting like he knows better. Try it sometime, son.

And to think I stopped at the other place to avoid this garbage.

keep assuming junior. Proves what a putz you are.

Added Texas Tech +17x
Can you share thoughts feelings or reasoning on this one. I haven’t bet Texas but have seen it all over and had it marked as a maybe but I have zero reasoning. It seems this has been close the past few years at least for most of the game. Lot of points to catch. Good Luck to you. Officially removing Texas from consideration. Hope Tech takes it straight up.

Can you share thoughts feelings or reasoning on this one.

Maybe, finally, Texas is back, but beating UTEP in Austin doesn't convince me. This should be the best Texas team in a while so I don't underestimate them, but they haven't beaten anyone by 17x away from Austin since Herman has been there or for at least five years or so except Baylor the year their program collapsed in scandal.

Tech struggled against Houston Baptist but had 8 or 9 important guys who sat that one out who are back for this one, and they spent part of their practice time that week getting ready for Texas. Tech has a very good QB when he's healthy and he's healthy or this one, and they have probably the best O-line in the Big 12 and one of the best kickers in the country so the back door is always open with them. I'm a fan of Matt Wells, especially when he's getting points at home.

I'm not sure how big a crowd they'll allow in, but they'll be rowdy and will be a factor like they usually are at Tech, so I think there is still a home field advantage from what I've see in other games so far this year. Add in the fact that a little more than 60% of the games are going under so far this year and, as usual, the wind will be a factor in Lubbock, and I thought the odds were in my favor on this one

Leaning to Oklahoma- and the over, but will wait to see the weather and any late covid scratches before I pull the trigger

I think TexTech is worth a look too. The Houston Baptist game does give some value here I presume (don;t know what the line would've been preseason for this game or if there was a PR adjustment). Tech O should be ok as Tahoe indicated. I do worry that Ehlinger is just as good as he always is and Horns O scores at will. I am curious to see a new piece on the TT D. We know Jordan Brooks is gone, but this guy Krishon Merriweather at LB is a JUCO who led team in tackles in his first game vs HouBap. Just think they might have an impact player stepping in to perhaps boost the D. Ehlinger's talent and skill aside, really the TT D shouldn't be too bad. And Tahoe mentions the Ks...both their FG K Wolff and P McNamara were all conference guys. 18 seems like a lot.

Yep, guess there will always be disrespectful cowards, that never been wise and damn sure ain’t players.

Added Oklahoma/K State over and Kentucky..

Thought a long time about laying the points with both Oklahoma and Bama, but finally decided to pass

My only question for most of 3 quarters in the OU game was if they were going to win by 21 or 28. LOL. I think taking OU made sense, just doesn't always play out that way.

Back