ESPN Handicapper's picks--Week 3

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Only pick Bear and Steve have in common is Temple.

The BearWeek 3 (0-0) Season (1-8)
Bank Picks—Week 2 (1-2) Season (2-4)

Arizona St at Michigan St – Michigan St (-13.5)
Hawaii at Washington – Washington (-20.5)
Maryland at Temple – Temple (+7.5)
Pittsburgh at Penn St – Penn St (-17)
Iowa at Iowa St – Iowa St (+2.5)

Stanford Steve—Week 3 (0-0) Season (4-4)
Best Bet (2-0
)
Massachusetts at Charlotte – Charlotte (-19)
Kansas St at Mississippi St – Kansas St (+7.5)
Maryland at Temple – Temple (+7.5)
Stanford at UCF – UCF (-7)
Florida St at Virginia – Virginia (-7) Best Bet

Phil Steele--Week 3 (0-0) Season (3-8)

Buffalo -5x
Hawaii +22
Temple +7
UNLV +17x
FIU -10
Scott Van Pelt—Week 3 (0-0) Season (7-5)
Air Force at Colorado – Air Force (+3.5)
Duke at MTSU – MTSU (+6.5)
NC State at West Virginia – West Virginia (+6.5)
Oklahoma at UCLA – UCLA (+23.5)
Oklahoma St at Tulsa – Tulsa (+14)
Stanford at UCF – Stanford (+8.5)
Ohio St at Indiana – Indiana (+18)
USC at BYU – BYU (+4)

Colin Cowherd Marquee 3--Week 3 (0-0) Season (2-4)

Michigan State -14
Iowa State +2x
Florida -8

Blazing Five—Week 2 (0-0) Season (3-2)
Buffalo at NY Giants – Buffalo (-2)
Seattle at Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh (-3.5)
Chicago at Denver – Denver (+2.5)
New Orleans at LA Rams – LA Rams (-2.5)
Philadelphia at Atlanta – Atlanta (+2)

My Picks—Week 3 (0-0) Season (8-2) (+10.8 units)
Multi-Unit bets (3-0), Parlays (0-0)

(one unit)
Kansas St +8x (x3)
Kansas St +7x (x3)
UCF -7
Michigan State ML
UCF ML (x3)
See another half dozen or so I like--BYU, Virginia, Iowa State, Air Force, Tex Tech, N C State, Ohio State (that line may have gotten away from me, someone told me it was now 18x) TCU--slight lean to Maryland (every handicapper in the country seems to be taking Temple), but will wait until tomorrow when my brain is working better.

Last edited:
Thanks for always doing this. I think Preston Johnson makes his picks in the same thing? Any chance we can include him on this as well?

Thank you Tahoe for posting these....I try to listen to the podcasts when in the truck but never write anything down. Thank goodness I have not tailed these guys but sometimes they provide "confirmation bias" and I lose/win with them.

Added SVP picks, Blazing Five, and Best Best for Stanford Steve.

Haven't had time to check the weather this morning, but last night they were forecasting the tropical storm would hit Florida just as the afternoon games started.

Going to have to reconsider my UCF bet depending on the weather. One of the main things I liked on that game was Stanford guys having to play in hottest time of the day and in humidity so bad they don't even have any idea it exists.

Added Phil Steele's picks and added Michigan State ML to my picks

See another half dozen or so I like--BYU, Virginia, Iowa State, Air Force, Tex Tech, N C State, Ohio State (that line may have gotten away from me, someone told me it was now 18x) TCU--slight lean to Maryland (every handicapper in the country seems to be taking Temple), but will wait until tomorrow when my brain is working better.

Good luck to all

Last edited:
Oh wow. Stanford Steve best bet my favorite play too. Second time this year, lol. Scary thing is I dunno bout him but odds of me being right again not that hot. Lol.

Bear, Stanford Steve, and Phil Steele all on Temple and so are at least another half dozen or so public handicappers. I don't understand the logic.

I can see where a bettor might wonder if Maryland can keep it up and decide to pass on this game, but I don't see why anyone would go against Maryland when Temple has a new coach who was a HC at NIU, but is coaching his first game at Temple against an FBS opponent.

I doubt I bet that game, but if I do I'm going Maryland.

Steve has an excellent record on his Best Bet 2dabank. I think he was about 70% the last two years.

Phil has a bad number on FIU, saw -7 this morning.

Saw Maryland was -6 this morning!

I can get the Temple love, but I personally like Maryland. Temple does have a history of pulling upsets, but yeah the staff change for Temple and the small sample size of their 2019 season is being forgotten in order to fade Maryland. I thought the 2 best things about Temple last year were RB Armstead and DB Rock Ya-Sin - both who are gone. Their QB play can be up and down. I think they will be a solid team 2019, but I do believe in what Maryland is doing. They are fast and have a QB finally who can actually be good at passing.

Maryland was -5 this morning and would have taken it, but missed the deadline while I was adding three more units on K State +7x. Shut out on all the other morning games I liked.

Like Virginia, BYU, Texas Tech in late games, but Air Force and Iowa State lines moved against me so I'm cooling on those two

Weather looks fine--hot and humid. Line shot up to UCF -10. UCF can probably cover that, but I don't want to lay it so added UCF ML. Passing on other afternoon games because I had to lay so much on ML.

Will look at TCU, VA and TT tonight.

Cowherd's been nailing his NFL picks for a good while now.

4-1 this week. I didn't need to tell you as he will tomorrow, don't you worry.

Back