ESPN Handicapper's Picks--Week 14

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Steve and Bear both picked Ole Miss (I like that one too) and Memphis. Not sure what they are seeing there except Memphis seems to be playing the best they have all year while Cincinnati seems to have peaked and is not as sharp as they were earlier

The BearWeek 13 (1-4) Season (25-34-1)
Bank Picks—Week 13 (1-2) Season (21-17-1)
Week 14 (0-0)

Mississippi at Mississippi St – Mississippi (+2.5)
Bowling Green at Buffalo – Buffalo (-28)
Cincinnati at Memphis – Memphis (-11)
Iowa at Nebraska – Nebraska (+5.5)
Fresno St at San Jose St – San Jose St (+3)
Rutgers at Penn St – Penn St (-40)
Vanderbilt at Tennessee – Tennessee (-21)
Bank Picks:

Stanford Steve
— Week 12 (2-1-1) Season (34-26-2), Best Bet (4-7
)
Week 14 (0-0)
Mississippi at Mississippi St – Mississippi (+2.5)
Cincinnati at Memphis – Memphis (-11)
Maryland at Michigan St – Michigan St (-22)

Scott Van Pelt— Week 12 (1-4) Season (42-53)
Week 14 (0-0)

Colin Cowherd Marquee 3-- Week 13 (2-1) Season (13-22-1)
Week 14 (0-0)

Blazing Five—Week 12 (2-3) Season (26-23-1)
Week 13 (0-0)

San Francisco at Baltimore – Baltimore (-5.5)
Washington at Carolina – Carolina (-9.5)
Oakland at Kansas City – Oakland (+9.5)
Philadelphia at Miami – Miami (+9.5)
LA Rams at Arizona – Arizona (+3)

Max Meyer— Week 13 (1-0) Season (28-19) Parlays (1-0)
Week 14 (0-0)
Arizona State +14.5 win

RJ BellBest Bet of the Week— Week 11 (no picks) Season (12-5-1)
Week 13 (0-0)

Virtual Locks
Galloway
(20-5)
Palmer ( )

My Picks—Week 13 (no picks) Season (36-29) (+21.00 units)
Multi-Unit bets (6-3), Max Bets (1-0) Parlays (4-9-2)
Week 14 (0-0)

Ole Miss +2x

Thanks as always Tahoe. I’m with ya’ll on ol piss.. vk has me little scared about the lack of sec bowl eligible teams but I thought capping wise it was too strong to pass. Guess i did good getting +3 early in week but I don’t think it matters.

I don’t understand the Memphis love either really. I thought it was a really tough game to cap tho. Haven’t listened to the pod yet so hoping they discuss it in some detail (50/50 whether they do or tell stories bout fav thanksgiving! Lol).

Another big acc matchup this week! There another espn guy that been crushing it, mike conley I believe, he on uva but I so disagree,, Hokies playing like a top 15 team since the qb change imo., I can’t resist them under a fg as foster has the defense playing lights out now as well and I think uva d has regressed this past month., not to mention they can call it a geographical rivalry if they want but far as outcome this no rivalry, uva been Hokies whipping boys! Lol. Pumped for that one Friday morning!!!!

Happy thanksgiving everyone

If you hear anything interesting on the podcast post it, 2daBank.

I agree on VT. Looks to me like VA has not been as sharp over the last month or so, although they looked good last week

If you hear anything interesting on the podcast post it, 2daBank.

I agree on VT. Looks to me like VA has not been as sharp over the last month or so, although they looked good last week

They did make pretty strong case for Memphis. Nothing we didn’t know stat wise and cincy current form but they seem to think cincy be very likely to let up in this game and save for rematch next week. Not sure I understand that cause ain’t they playing to be highest ranked non power school? Anyways I have no interest betting that game anyways.

They both seemed to be liking uva as appears everyone other than us do! (I don’t mind that position, especially this year while I’m extremely confident in how I’m seeing the games!).

Overall it was a pretty good podcast this week. Not much fluff. Worth listening to if ya have the time.

That makes sense. Memphis is tied with Navy and has to win this week and Cincinnati is already in the title game.

I won two big bets on the same situation in the PAC 12 few years back. Stanford had the north cinched and had to play a meaningless game at UCLA and UCLA had to win to make the title game. They rolled over Stanford and the next week the title game was in the Bay Area and Stanford rolled.

I don't follow Clay Travis, but he says he is 83-70 on the season. His week 14 picks:

Mississippi at Mississippi St – Over (58)
Alabama at Auburn – Alabama (-3.5)
Texas A&M at LSU – Texas A&M (+17)
Wisconsin at Minnesota – Over (47.5)
Oklahoma at Oklahoma St – Oklahoma St (+13.5)
Florida St at Florida – Florida (-17)
Georgia at Georgia Tech – Georgia Tech (+28.5)
Ohio St at Michigan – Michigan (+9)

I don't follow Clay Travis, but he says he is 83-70 on the season. His week 14 picks:

Mississippi at Mississippi St – Over (58)
Alabama at Auburn – Alabama (-3.5)
Texas A&M at LSU – Texas A&M (+17)
Wisconsin at Minnesota – Over (47.5)
Oklahoma at Oklahoma St – Oklahoma St (+13.5)
Florida St at Florida – Florida (-17)
Georgia at Georgia Tech – Georgia Tech (+28.5)
Ohio St at Michigan – Michigan (+9)
He fudges his record a bit fwiw.

Nothing we didn’t know stat wise and cincy current form but they seem to think cincy be very likely to let up in this game and save for rematch next week. Not sure I understand that cause ain’t they playing to be highest ranked non power school? Anyways I have no interest betting that game anyways.

That makes sense. Memphis is tied with Navy and has to win this week and Cincinnati is already in the title game.

I won two big bets on the same situation in the PAC 12 few years back. Stanford had the north cinched and had to play a meaningless game at UCLA and UCLA had to win to make the title game. They rolled over Stanford and the next week the title game was in the Bay Area and Stanford rolled.

For me, the biggest hinderence to backing Cincy in a meaningful way is Ridder is banged up and hasn't been playing well because of it.

But everyone should remember, if Cincinnati were to win, they host the AAC Title game. So I wouldn't expect Cincy to mail one in here because a home Title game vs a road Title game is certainly something to play for. Now, if Cincy falls behind by a couple scores, I would expect them to look towards next week at that point.

The way the line has been steaming I wonder if there is news/rumore that Ridder isn't playing?

Would be good to rest him and a more healthy QB could actually help their O, with just one problem, I don't think his backup has any meaningful experience at all. Recall Cincy fans lamenting that Fickel hasn't gotten the guy(s) in enough.

Added:

VT -2 (I don't like betting road teams, but I like the VT D enough to risk it)
Texas Tech +10 (another road team, three straight this week, and after I bet this one a friend told me Texas has won every game they've been favored in this year. I'd already bet so didn't bother to check to see)

Last edited:
I'm with you, s--k. I'm leery of the way that line is jumping around and I suspect there must be an injury or two.

I don't like to give points to the best D so I'll just watch that one

For me, the biggest hinderence to backing Cincy in a meaningful way is Ridder is banged up and hasn't been playing well because of it.

But everyone should remember, if Cincinnati were to win, they host the AAC Title game. So I wouldn't expect Cincy to mail one in here because a home Title game vs a road Title game is certainly something to play for. Now, if Cincy falls behind by a couple scores, I would expect them to look towards next week at that point.

Yea I agree. Not so much I expect them to take it lightly at 1st, just don’t think ws would get late effort if they fall behind. Just a stay away for me.

This Vtech game has turned into another insane acc game.

Sure has, and not even close to the way I thought it would go. Already 12 points over the total with more on the way

I suppose I’m not real shocked. Lot of my Vtech play was based off uva defense really regressing last month. Hokie d and red zone on both sides has let me down from as well they been playing. I’m ok with the few big qb runs early that happens. They have been bad leaving guys open on 3rd down tho.

So bummed missed that vatech game. I been so hot in acc especially, thought we had right read there. Guess can’t win them all.

And Jesse picked a dog for the first time all season. his picks

Ohio State -9
Minnesota +2x

N Dame looks good because Stanford just played their most emotional game of the year last week and has nothing to play for, but I'm not giving that many points on the road in what might be bad weather

Added E Carolina +7, Wyoming +13.

I'm going against the smart money in both games I guess because the line is still moving my way .

He did on the picks this week. Not sure all the picks have been ATS

Bear's Bank Picks
SJ State
Pitt
Iowa State (I'm going the other way on that one)

Talk to me goose

I put that here since it was one of Bear's plays. I always hate saying I have a favorite play because I really don't think my favorite plays have any better chance of winning compared to my smaller plays, I just use my supposed knowledge to formulate how much I put on the games.

For me, it is disbelief on Fresno. We watch the games and know they aren't anything good this year. And I have liked San Jose all year. When they haven't played well in the first half, I have gone back on them in the second half and they deliver. It is almost a break-through year for them really. I think they have belief in Brennan and win their final home game together as a team.

For perspective my favorite games today (games I put more than 1u on) are ECU (getting crushed), Purdue (trying to hang on) which are both 1.5u and SJ will be 2u. Yesterday Ball St 2nd H (W) was 1.5u and Nebraska was 2u (W barely). Last week I had 2u on Cal and Tulsa (split). So I'm not great favorite game picker per se. But I do agree with Bear on that one.

SJSUs Love is a gamer. My only issue is they don’t take points. Can’t stand for teams to go for it on 4th when there are easy points to be had.

You guys have got me interested in SJ State. I see your point.

Added Bama -3. Money must all be coming in on Auburn and I know a lot of public pickers have Auburn, but that half a point is big so I'll take it

Wyoming jist scored 1 td this game been a easy cover. As is the defense gonna have to secure the cover. lol

SJSUs Love is a gamer. My only issue is they don’t take points. Can’t stand for teams to go for it on 4th when there are easy points to be had.

Since the AF game when they were 0-4 4th down, since then they are 5-of-6 on 4th conversions.

Back