ESPN Handicapper's Picks--Week 10

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Everyone struggling on their picks--even Colin went 1-4 on his Blazing Five--but Bear stayed hot on his Bank Picks

The BearWeek 10 (0-0) Season (18-21-1)
Bank Picks—Week 9 (3-0) Season (16-10-1)

Colorado at UCLA – Colorado (+7)
UNLV at Colorado St – UNLV (+9.5)
SMU at Memphis – Memphis (-5.5)
TCU at Oklahoma St – TCU (+2.5)
Oregon at USC – USC (+4.5)
Utah at Washington – Washington (+3.5)

Stanford Steve— Week 10 (0-0) Season (21-20-1), Best Bet (3-5
)
West Virginia at Baylor – Baylor (-17.5)
Navy at Connecticut – Connecticut (+27.5)
Nebraska at Purdue – Over (56.5)
Miami FL at Florida St – Miami FL (+3)
Liberty at Massachusetts – Over (69)

Scott Van Pelt— Week 10 (0-0) Season (36-33)

Colin Cowherd Marquee 3-- Week 10 (0-0) Season (9-14-1)

Fla +6.5
Wash +3
USC +4.5

Blazing Five—Week 9 (0-0) Season (23-16-1)
NE -3
Packers -3.5
Clev -3.5
Oak -2.5
Indy -1.5

Max Meyer— Week 10 (0-0) Season (24-14) Parlays (1-0)
Miami Fla +3
Oregon State +5.5
Colorado at UCLA: over 64
Kansas +6

RJ BellBest Bet of the Week— Week 9 (0-0) Season (10-5-1)
NY Jets at Miami – Miami (+3)
Tennessee at Carolina – Carolina -3.5

My Picks—Week 10 (0-0) Season (23-21) (+11.6 units)
Multi-Unit bets (3-2), Max Bets (1-0) Parlays (1-3)

Baylor lose
Florida +6x
Tennessee -11
Pitt -7x
Florida +6x x3

Last edited:
Bear and Steve mentioned all the complaints they've received about the podcast...clearly we aren't the only ones who noticed haha.

I was gonna say I thought it was much better again this week, other than the last 15-17 minutes being horse racing! Lol. Up until then it was good again tho.,

Liked their idea of playing both dog money lines in the 2 big pac12 games figuring you should come out ahead. Sure feels like one of them blow the shot at getting a pac12 team in playoff the week after it sets up for them to get a team in! Lol

Yea I thought that was pretty dang funny on the pod.
it was a little better this week.

I still think the best pod is probably Bet The Board. They only dive into 5 games a week but they are deep dives and full of good stuff

I don’t subscribe to that one, don’t think I’ve heard it, who does it?

Todd Fuhrman and Payne Insider. It’s good quality.
they give out 1 pick every week. For what it’s worth I think they always come out up top. This year they are 6-3 or 7-2 in college I believe.

they have UNLV +8.5 this week

Two picks so far this week. I used to own the Big 8 once conference games began, but I've lost game after game this year. The only team I analyzed correctly prior to the start of the season was K State. Trying again tonight
Baylor -17x
Florida +6x

Last edited:
And this week’s Jim Donnan Condo Steamer (a big time steamer condo game that you can bet your condo on): MTSU-3 vs Charlotte

"Condo Steamer's" YTD: 8-1

Hey Tahoe! Could you please let me know which one of the Bears picks are the "Bank Picks"?
Or are all 6 of those picks under Bear, the Bank Picks?

Thank you Tahoe. I hope you are doing well. :shake:

And this week’s Jim Donnan Condo Steamer (a big time steamer condo game that you can bet your condo on): MTSU-3 vs Charlotte

"Condo Steamer's" YTD: 8-1

I still dunno who that is or understand what the fuck they talking about when that condo steamer bet your condo on it clip comes on, but the play been crushing. Lol

Todd Fuhrman and Payne Insider. It’s good quality.
they give out 1 pick every week. For what it’s worth I think they always come out up top. This year they are 6-3 or 7-2 in college I believe.

they have UNLV +8.5 this week

I subscribed to it earlier, I’ll prob check it out when I lay down tonight. All those sports podcast seem to help me sleep so always looking for more!! Lol. Thanks.

Two picks so far this week. I used to own the Big 8 once conference games began, but I've lost game after game this year. The only team I analyzed correctly was K State. Trying again tonight
Baylor -17x
Florida +6x

I played Baylor too, been killing it with them this year. Played 1st half and game, didn’t see much, saw they got stuffed on 1 to blow 1st half. See they crushed them in box score but Mfers were lucky it didn’t go to ot., 3 fumbles and the goalline stand (nothing better than rushing for 190 but can’t gain a yard!).,,

I had wvu yardage and score pegged. Hard to stomach Baylor offensive production only accounting for 17 stinking points! Hopefully this shit show will get me some value on them in another tougher game coming up, lol.

Yea I thought that was pretty dang funny on the pod.
it was a little better this week.

I still think the best pod is probably Bet The Board. They only dive into 5 games a week but they are deep dives and full of good stuff

this maybe the most legit cfb podcast i've seen. so many bad podcasts out there -

worst podcasts - bangthebook and wagertalk. Longest 3 hour podcast with only 15 minutes of worthwhile information ? rj bell dream podcast

most entertaining podcast - steve stevens. Aka the bookie killer , lol

Funny phrases this week "the bookie killer", the "steamer condo".

WVU has some players in their DL, but Baylor's OL was flat out atrocious. Brewer might've been sacked 10x. Think a lot of it WV only was rushing 4. WV O had one huge pass play and a KO return that's it. If they played again today I might expect WV gets shut out.

I still dunno who that is or understand what the fuck they talking about when that condo steamer bet your condo on it clip comes on, but the play been crushing. Lol

Lol... Jim Donnan is a former college football coach, most notably at the University of Georgia, from 1996-2000.

He's legit. Definitely knows his shit, especially teams in the south.

I played Baylor too, been killing it with them this year. Played 1st half and game, didn’t see much, saw they got stuffed on 1 to blow 1st half. See they crushed them in box score but Mfers were lucky it didn’t go to ot., 3 fumbles and the goalline stand (nothing better than rushing for 190 but can’t gain a yard!).,,

I had wvu yardage and score pegged. Hard to stomach Baylor offensive production only accounting for 17 stinking points! Hopefully this shit show will get me some value on them in another tougher game coming up, lol.

Baylor got stuffed on the 4th and 1 in the first half but clearly scored on a QB sneak on the preceding play. Not sure why that play wasn't looked at again.

its so funny right? its almost always a square side, as it is this week, but yeah its been crushing. I liked charlotte too and now idk what to do

Looked to me like the ground caused the fumble on that long pass to the Baylor WR, but they never even bothered to show a replay even though the Baylor coaches were screaming for one. Most of the first half it looked like Baylor was about to blow them out, but the Halloween spirits must have gotten in their heads.

That's the Big 12 this year. Teams come out flat when there is no reason for it. It used to be fairly easy to predict which team you would get the top effort from in the Big 12, but Okla State and TCU and Baylor and Texas are so erratic it's hard to tell what's going on.

Jim Donnan has a colorful history. Was an assistant to Barry Switzer at OU, ran the offense and helped them win a national title, then became head coach at Marshall and won a national title, then head coach at Georgia where he did a good, but not great job.

He was elected to the College Hall of Fame, but later was disgraced and charged with assisting in a Ponzi scheme that took investors for about $100, million. He was acquitted and was out of sight for a while.

I always like to hear his opinion and thought he was an excellent analyst. I'll start listening to that podcast.

Last edited:
Everyone struggling on their picks--even Colin went 1-4 on his Blazing Five--but Bear stayed hot on his Bank Picks

The BearWeek 10 (0-0) Season (18-21-1)
Bank Picks—Week 9 (3-0) Season (16-10-1)

Colorado at UCLA – Colorado (+7)
UNLV at Colorado St – UNLV (+9.5)
SMU at Memphis – Memphis (-5.5)
TCU at Oklahoma St – TCU (+2.5)
Oregon at USC – USC (+4.5)
Utah at Washington – Washington (+3.5)

Stanford Steve— Week 10 (0-0) Season (21-20-1), Best Bet (3-5
)
West Virginia at Baylor – Baylor (-17.5)
Navy at Connecticut – Connecticut (+27.5)
Nebraska at Purdue – Over (56.5)
Miami FL at Florida St – Miami FL (+3)
Liberty at Massachusetts – Over (69)

Scott Van Pelt— Week 10 (0-0) Season (36-33)

Colin Cowherd Marquee 3-- Week 10 (0-0) Season (9-14-1)

Fla +6.5
Wash +3
USC +4.5

Blazing Five—Week 9 (0-0) Season (23-16-1)

Max Meyer— Week 10 (0-0) Season (24-14) Parlays (1-0)

RJ BellBest Bet of the Week— Week 9 (0-0) Season (10-5-1)

My Picks—Week 10 (0-0) Season (23-21) (+11.6 units)
Multi-Unit bets (3-2), Max Bets (1-0) Parlays (1-3)

Week 9 RJ Bell NFL Picks
Season Record (10-5-1)
    • NY Jets at Miami – Miami (+3)
    • Tennessee at Carolina – Carolina (-3.5)
THE HERD’S BLAZIN’ FIVE PICKS NFL 2019 WEEK 9 (Season Record 23-16-1):
Colin going with mostly road favorites..hmm…

• Indianapolis at Pittsburgh – Indianapolis (-1.5)
  • Detroit at Oakland – Oakland (-2.5)
  • Cleveland at Denver – Cleveland (-3.5)
  • Green Bay at LA Chargers – Green Bay (-3.5)
  • New England at Baltimore – New England (-3)

SVPs:

• Army at Air Force – Air Force (-16)
  • Cincinnati at East Carolina – East Carolina (+24)
  • Marshall at Rice – Rice (+10.5)
  • Oregon at USC – USC (+4.5)
  • Tulsa at Tulane – Tulsa (+10.5)
  • Miami FL at Florida St – Florida St (-3)
  • Michigan at Maryland – Maryland (+21)

Added Max Meyer's picks.

He's doing the best job of any public picker.

Miami Fla +3
Oregon State +5.5
Colorado at UCLA: over 64
Kansas +6

Malachievel, Bear makes his 3 Bank Picks live during the Gameday show Saturday mornings.

I'm out running with my dogs for most of the show and usually get back for the last 15 minutes or so and watch the main guys do their pick, but have never seen Bear make his picks.

Maybe someone who watches the show can add them to this thread when he makes them.

its so funny right? its almost always a square side, as it is this week, but yeah its been crushing. I liked charlotte too and now idk what to do

I’m too stubborn or have too much self confidence to let some hot capper shake me! When Bear was on fire I was against almost all his picks the following week and I was mostly right :)

If you like the other side fuck what that guy picked! He ain’t gonna be hot forever the way I look at it! Lol. Do you and believe in your capping!!

I actually get more worried when someone I know to be terrible agrees with me, usually still tell myself “surely he can’t miss them all!”, lol. Those usually the ones i miss tho!

this maybe the most legit cfb podcast i've seen. so many bad podcasts out there -

worst podcasts - bangthebook and wagertalk. Longest 3 hour podcast with only 15 minutes of worthwhile information ? rj bell dream podcast

most entertaining podcast - steve stevens. Aka the bookie killer , lol

There are def some horrible ones including a few you named.

What happened to Stanford Steve? He's been average.

Yea I dunno, def worst I recall him ever being this year. He been playing a lot of games when I look at have no idea where he found the perceived edge?

I’ve been on several the same totals as him and bunch of them been pretty ignorant in ways they found to stay under, not much you can do bout those sometimes, just happens. I like that corn/Purdue over as well, kinda worried it happens again. Those early start overs have a way of starting slow as shit then they crush the 2nd half number and come up just short.

Added three more units on Florida +6x,

Lean to Virg Tech, S Cal, Utah, FSU, Tulane, UCLA/Colorado over but may play that has part of two-team parlay, maybe with KU/K St over. Slight lean to SMU, W Forest, Ole Miss. Liked Cincinnati but that line got too big for me. Everything I'm looking at is an afternoon game so I'll wait till then.

Good luck all

Wow, you love the gators huh?? I agree the line too high so no problem w the bet, I lean same way. My concern is that Uga will be able to run it right down gators throats. Believe I heard the team who has rushed for more yards has won the last 11? I didn’t bother looking up cause don’t think I’m betting it anyways but that would really concern me. Think it pretty much a given Uga will out rush them isn’t it? Obviously that doesn’t mean this will hold true but something to think about.

I still expect it a close game unless Uga just wears gators down and pulls away. Hopefully trask and the offense can play well. Think you got the better coach and the qb is at least playing better at the moment. I do really wanna watch this so I might join you for beer money at least! Lol

Kills me to say it but I’m all over Tulane, Tulsa been really good to me but I think last week was even more demoralizing a loss than the smu game and we saw how navy destroyed them week after blowing the smu game. Not my nature to lay dd real often (see how it went for me w Baylor, lol) but I really think green wave roll them here. If Tulsa has anything left I think they will save it for the Friday night home game next Friday vs ucf!!!

Woulda never thought I be on this team this year but I’m with ya with VaTech. Look at the Irish ats the last 5 November’s not counting the year they were in playoff contention. When they have had 2 or more losses in November their ats is a abysmal 3-13 or some shit., they had any thoughts of playoffs or maybe even a big bowl destroyed last week with that ass kicking at Michigan! Vtech has been bad but they did win that crazy 6 ot game and now off a bye they might be in best spot mentally they been all year where Irish at their lowest. Think gotta take the points.,

I don’t understand the move up in army/af at all. I like army so much here but it moving all way to 17 some places has me really hesitant. Just don’t understand it.

Just adding this here. But if you are tracking ESPN picks, the College Football Final Guys Galloway and Dan Anderson’s Love Crush are
Joey.......14-5 ATS
Palmer.....13-6 ATS

Back