ESPN Handicappers pick title games

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
I listened to the podcast and got the impression they don’t have faith in any of these picks.
Miami/Clemson and Auburn Georgia were the required picks and both said they had no idea who to pick.
In fact, Steve said, “My pick is Clemson,” then after Chris droned on about Miami for a minute or so, Steve said, “okay, I’m changing my mind, I’ll take Miami.” Chris took the total because he had to take a side or total on the game.
They talked more about their work assignments this weekend than they did about the games and they sounded bored and distracted the whole broadcast.
No picks from Phil Steele yet.

Chris Fallica (Season 31-31-2) Week 13 (0-5)

• ULM at Florida St – ULM (+27)
  • Miami FL vs Clemson – Under (46.5)
  • Auburn vs Georgia – Auburn (-2.5)
  • Wisconsin vs Ohio St – Ohio St (-6.5)
Stanford Steve (Season 32-22-1) Week 13 (0-5) (5-5 on best picks)

• USC vs Stanford – USC (-3.5)
  • Miami FL vs Clemson – Miami FL (+9.5)
  • Auburn vs Georgia – Auburn (-2.5)
  • Wisconsin vs Ohio St – Ohio St (-6.5)
  • Oklahoma vs TCU – TCU (+7)
Phil Steele (Season 44-49-3) Week 13 (6-4)

My Picks
(Season 45-33-2) Week 13 (5-3)
(Season--sides and totals, 45-33, max bets 2-0, multi-unit bets 4-2, parlays 3-3, +39 units)

Oklahoma -7 (Multi-unit bet. All the “Vegas experts” keep saying the sharp money is on TCU, but the line isn’t budging. I don’t see any reason anyone would bet TCU. OU got 38 points in the first half against the Frogs, then called off the dogs. Mayfield v. Hill is the most one-sided QB matchup in any title game. Like the over except it’s an early game.)
Friday adds
Stanford/USC u 59x
Stanford 4 /Stanford/USC u 59x parlay
Fresno + 9x
Wisconsin +6
Clemson -9 (multi-unit)

Saturday Adds
Auburn +1x
Leaning to Wisc, Stanford, Auburn, Fresno, but will wait until game time. Might raise OU to a max bet—especially if it drops below 7—then see how that does before I place any more bets.
Undecided on Clemson/Miami, UCF/Memphis.

Last edited:
Friday Adds
Stanford/USC u 59x
Stanford +4 /Stanford/USC u 59x parlay
Fresno + 9x
Wisconsin +6

Keep waiting for Oklahoma to drop to 6x and the books keep adjusting the juice, but so far the 7 is holding firm. Was going to wait and hope Wisconsin went to 6x, but it looks like if anything it will go the other way so I added Wisconsin for one unit.
No definite word or Kerryon Johnson, but it sounds to me like he is questionable and will not be 100% in any case so waiting until kickoff on that one.

Last edited:
Pure luck. The bookie gave it to me at the last minute to balance his books. That's one of the reasons I like to wait until the last possible second when I'm going under. Most guys who bet totals late, probably 90%, are taking over. You can almost always squeeze out an extra half point.

My numbers show three strong under plays tomorrow--OU/TC, Clemson/Miami (I really like that one), and Ark St/Troy. I'm going to ignore my numbers though. I hate unders too much and that Stanford game is why. Both teams were trying to slow it down, everyone knew both sides would try to slow it down, no scores off fumbles or picks or kick or punt returns, and USC burned the last five and a half minutes without trying to score, and yet it was just pure luck it didn't go over anyway. When Stanford had that fourth and goal I just knew they were going to tie it and go to OT and I vowed right there never to take unders again. I'm going to keep that vow.

Interesting changes on the Auburn/Georgia line. A lot of off-shore books are making Georgia -1 now and the stateside books all now have Auburn either -1 or pick.

Adding multi-unit pick:
Clemson -9.

Stanford had 28 pts. It is hard to figure out how. They barely had more yardage than me tonight.

Chris "The Bear" went to Miami so he's a bit biased on those games.

Just saw Chris make his first "Bank" pick on GameDay. He picked TCU.

The interesting part is it said he went 0-3 on his Bank picks last week, so that means he was 0-8 last week.

That's hard to do.

Just saw Chris make his first "Bank" pick on GameDay. He picked TCU.

The interesting part is it said he went 0-3 on his Bank picks last week, so that means he was 0-8 last week.

That's hard to do.

It is hard to lose 8 in a row. I have done it many times though. Lost over 20 hands of blackjack in a row several times, which is 1 in a little over a million each time. Granted I have played millions of hands of blackjack so it should happen.

8 in a row is like 1 in 256 eight game sequences. So it can happen a lot in sports betting.

He will be 0-9 after Tcu

Good call on OU:shake:
I would have liked one more touchdown, though.:angrysnarl:

I know a lot of guys who feel the same way.

Oklahoma looks the same under Riley and appears to play at the same pace, but the fourth quarter today is exactly what Riley likes to do. He's done it at least half a dozen times this year. Take over the ball late in the third or early fourth and have a long drive where they run every play, snap the ball with one second left on the clock, and run off an entire quarter without scoring a point even though they have the ball the entire time.

Tailed on the unders.

Tahoe, I really hope you are around for Bowl season. I would love to bounce a few plays off ya. Bowl season has always so tough for me.

Good calls on your multi-unit plays. I had a TCU first half +4.5 which felt that had a chance and it certainly did, but over the course of 4 qrts it was going to be difficult for them to hang.

Did you ever see who Phil Steele had?

ProV, I usually just bet a few parlays on bowls here and there to make watching on TV more enjoyable, but this year I'm in a couple of handicapping contests where we have to make picks weekly right up to the New Year's bowls so I'll have to do something. The reason I usually skip them except for the parlays is my mind is fried by this time of year. Look forward to any information you can give me.

VK, haven't had time to score the ESPN guys, but I did see Bear pick TCU as the first of his 3 "Bank" picks yesterday, so he was 0-5 last week on published picks, 0-3 on bank picks, and 0-1 on his first Bank pick this week.

S--k, still have not gotten Phil's picks. I know he made them again, so maybe they will show up today or tomorrow.

Back