EPL Survivor Pool

ArizonaKid

Pretty much a regular
Hello everyone, I'm pleased to announce that CTG will have a EPL survivor pool starting with week 22 of the EPL season on Saturday, January 12th. Each week you will pick one team and if they will win, lose, or draw and you must have the exact result or you're knocked out. Similar to the NFL pool you can only choose a team once. Last man standing will win $100.

As of right now I have not found a free website to run this on so the plan is to email me your weekly selection at ctgsoccer@ymail.com. If you know of a site that could run this please let me know. If you have any questions please ask and either Braves or I will answer.

Good Luck

Last edited:
AZ, thanks for running this.

Folks, want to give some props to AZ kid. He kicked everyones ass in fantasy league this year, but instead of taking the $100 prize he is rolling it over into this. Nice gesture AZ KId, this should be fun...

[TABLE="class: leaderboard, width: 306"]
<thead>[TR]
[TH="class: rank"]Rank[/TH]
[TH="class: team"]Team[/TH]
[TH="class: points"]Points[/TH]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody>[TR="class: alt, bgcolor: #F6F6F6"]
[TD="class: rank"]1[/TD]
[TH="class: name"]ArizonaKid[/TH]
[TD="class: pts"]1,641.50[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: rank"]2[/TD]
[TH="class: name"]Guaranteeeds[/TH]
[TD="class: pts"]1,470.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: alt, bgcolor: #F6F6F6"]
[TD="class: rank"]3[/TD]
[TH="class: name"]Sporting 613[/TH]
[TD="class: pts"]1,394.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: my-team, bgcolor: #FEFCD3"]
[TD="class: rank"]4[/TD]
[TH="class: name"]Braves[/TH]
[TD="class: pts"]1,313.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: rank"]5[/TD]
[TH="class: name"]renew[/TH]
[TD="class: pts"]1,295.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: rank"]6[/TD]
[TH="class: name"]Uncle Galtie[/TH]
[TD="class: pts"]1,276.50[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: rank"]7[/TD]
[TH="class: name"]$ity$ucks[/TH]
[TD="class: pts"]1,267.50[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: rank"]8[/TD]
[TH="class: name"]ClubDirt[/TH]
[TD="class: pts"]1,250.50[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: rank"]9[/TD]
[TH="class: name"]Eleven Angry Men[/TH]
[TD="class: pts"]1,201.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: rank"]10[/TD]
[TH="class: name"]%[/TH]
[TD="class: pts"]1,174.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: rank"]11[/TD]
[TH="class: name"]BIlly FC[/TH]
[TD="class: pts"]1,087.50[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: rank"]12[/TD]
[TH="class: name"]Gurvs[/TH]
[TD="class: pts"]1,057.50[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: rank"]13[/TD]
[TH="class: name"]orangemonk[/TH]
[TD="class: pts"]984.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: rank"]14[/TD]
[TH="class: name"]Jalopeno Pyppurs[/TH]
[TD="class: pts"]940.50[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: rank"]15[/TD]
[TH="class: name"]Real Monger[/TH]
[TD="class: pts"]931.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: rank"]16[/TD]
[TH="class: name"]ScopeY[/TH]
[TD="class: pts"]895.50[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: rank"]17[/TD]
[TH="class: name"]1kstate[/TH]
[TD="class: pts"]864.50[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: rank"]18[/TD]
[TH="class: name"]Schrute[/TH]
[TD="class: pts"]657.50[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

soccer-graphics-john-terry-528327.jpg

thanks for this AZ

so for example

week 1

Man U vs Reading (I take Man U to win and they do)

Week 2

Chelsea vs Reading

Could I then take Reading to lose?

Teed, yes you could (or take Chelsea to win) and as well continue to take Reading's opponent to win. Should Reading draw though (or win) then you would be knocked out. With the nature of the EPL and draws I don't think the winner will be whoever applies a anti-Reading or anti-QPR strategy, Sunderland beating Man City last Sunday proves that anything can happen.

Just noticed there is a break in the schedule so we will start with week 22 on Saturday, January 12th.

Last edited:
congrats AK on the league and cheers for rolling the wins...

do the picks have to be in before the start of the gameweek or just the game?

Thanks guys.

Pyppurs, I think it's best if picks are emailed in by kickoff of the first game, that way nobody gains an advantage by waiting to pick and a slew of upsets happen early Saturday. First game kickoff is quite early this side of the Atlantic, so feel free to email in your pick earlier, say Friday night. Should you wake up early Saturday and hear some breaking news you can email a new pick and I will enter your most recent selection.

Please include your CTG username in the email, and I want to stress this is open to any member here at CTG, not just those in the fantasy EPL league.

I will pm my pick Friday night to Braves and the last man standing wins $100.

was thinking the same, but it's good either way considering the few gameweeks left

you could also do win only, with draws going to the visitor. Maybe next year we can get one going.

This goes live this Saturday morning.

Please email your pick to ctgsoccer@ymail.com by 7:45 est.

Please include your username here at CTG, your team selected, and the result (win, lose, or draw). Remember you can only use a team once and to enter you must be a registered member here at Capping The Game.

If for some reason you have problems w/ the email, you can always pm me or as a last resort post your pick in this thread.

EPL Week 22 schedule w/ home team listed first

QPR v Tottenham
Aston Villa v Southampton
Everton v Swansea
Fulham v Wigan
Norwich v Newcastle
Reading v West Brom
Stoke v Chelsea
Sunderland v West Ham
Manchester United v Liverpool
Arsenal v Manchester City
Chelsea v Southampton

Please note that this week has an extra game due to Chelsea v Southampton being rescheduled for Wednesday, January 16th. Therefore if you are selecting either of these teams please list the opponent as well for which specific game you are selecting them.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Seeing that we have only one early start game this week in QPR v Tottenham, picks not involving that match can be sent in as late as 10 est Saturday morning.

Boom baby! My pick is in! I'm going with a shitty team in hopes that I ride free! My guess is it will end in a tie even though I have them to win. :-(

I see only 3 emails in so far, so get them in to ctgsoccer@gmail.com.

Please include your username, you team, and the result (win, lose, or draw). If you are picking either Chelsea or Southampton please include which opponent as they play 2 matches this game week (2nd match vs each other of course).

Last man standing wins $100.

Thanx Dwight.

Monger got it.

Teed yea it is a tough set of games to start on especially considering there were no league games last weekend.

OK 30+ minutes til QPR v Tottenham kicks off. If your selecting a team besides these two you need to email or pm it in by 10 est.

So far I have picks from the following:

braves, kjohnson, play2win, scopey, monger, vk, pyppurs, teed, Carolina guy, schrute, and arizonakid.

This is what I have down:

Braves Chelsea to win v Southampton
KJ Chelsea to win v Southampton
P2W Everton to win
VK Fulham to win
Teed Man U to win
Pyppurs Tottenham to win
Monger Everton to win
Scopey Swansea to lose
Carolina Guy Fulham to win
Schrute Tottenham to win
Arizonakid Southampton to lose v Chelsea

If you think you entered and aren't listed please pm me. Internet/tv was down when I woke up, hear I missed a barnburner in the early game lol.

Last edited:
thanks guys, ya monger I am thinking about doing the same thing for a Champs League/Europa League

roll this over to a contest once it gets QFs and the bracket is set for both

ya to be honest, the only thing that swung me was hearing that United had won like 7/8 vs Liverpool at OT

It was a really tough week, if I hadn't seen that I probably would have gone Chelsea to win or the Saints to lose

Back