English Premier League:
Record: 61-55-12 +$585.25
Totals 12-11-2
Big Plays: 6-4-1

Sunderland vs Newcastle Kickoff 7:45am EST
Sunderland 2.87
Draw 3.25
Newcastle 2.50

This is a local derby so expect it to be a little heated. Its not the biggest derby but its still will be intense. Both squads are desperate for points, moreso Sunderland who are only a point clear from the relegation zone. Newcastle were humbled by Portsmouth at St James' Park, something that doesn't happen to often. Now back on the road where Newcastle are pretty bad, only 1 road victory out of 5 matches. Last victory came on opening day vs Bolton. Sunderland will finally have Andy Cole and Carlos Edwards back for this match. Andy Cole's veteran leadership will be crucial in order for Sunderland to stay in the top flight. Goals have been extremely hard to come by for Sunderland. Having only scored 5 goals at home all season in 5 games, they really need to take advantage of the home crowd and of Newcastle's lackluster defense. Newcastle were just shell shocked when they were quickly 3 goals down in a span of 11 minutes. That shouldn't happen again. Newcastle's offense will be relied upon here to get something going. They have now dropped to 10th and have a difficult 3 games after visiting Liverpool, Blackburn and hosting Arsenal. Points against relegation battlers will be extremely crucial. I can't really look at a winner here, both sides want points extremely bad so a draw could be in the making. But I honestly believe, both defenses will be exposed.
Bet: Both teams to score @ 1.75 $300 to win $225
Prediction:
Sunderland 1-1 Newcastle
Goal Scorers: Sunderland, Michael Chopra Newcastle, Michael Owen

For the EPL I have to go w/ Liverpool... I just can't see them loosing or not scoring against Fulham (BIG PLAY ON LIVERPOOL)

sorry guys no time for the write ups for the last 2 games. Only interest is in the Pool game. Derby/West Ham a little toss up

Derby vs West Ham: NO BET

Liverpool vs Fulham:
Liverpool over 2 team goals @ 1.714 $300 to win $214.20
Over 2.5 @ 1.75 $300 to win $225

Birmingham vs Aston Villa Kickoff 8:00am EST
Birmingham 3.10
Draw 3.00
Aston Villa 2.50

You have the Manchester Derby, North London Derby, Merseyside Derby and then you got the Midlands Derby. Two sides that do not like each other, well in terms of fan base. There is a lot of pride at stake between the 2 clubs. Villa have taken the last 2 two games between the 2 clubs after having some troubles the past few years. Different squads now, although Steve Bruce is still at the helm for Birmingham, this will be Villa Manager Martin O'Neill's first derby. This season, has seen a different Birmingham. Injuries have not helped Steve Bruce's men. The Blues have been a little inconsistent but have put up a brave fight at home. Villa have displayed a fine home form but on the road, they are still searching for their first victory. Ashley Young and John Carew should be able to suit up for this match after both had picked up knocks in the past few weeks. There is significance for Villa players, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Zat Knight, Luke Moore and Craig Gardner, who are all Birmingham born. Birmingham will again be without captain Damien Johnson. Striker Mikael Forssell who has always enjoyed playing against Villa is still a little shaken up but should see some action today. This is an emotional encounter. The players know it, the managers know it and so do the fans. Both teams always want to get the better of each other, especially in terms of final standings. Tough to get a read on this game because a draw is not an option for either team but that tends to be the usual status for most derbies these days. However, i'm still not impressed with the way Villa have defended on the road this season. Zat Knight should not be partnering with Martin Laursen. I'm hoping Young can make a great derby debut today. I think Villa's additions are more significant to that of Birminghams. The key Birmingham player to watch today will be Olivier Kapo. Probably their best player on their team. Attacking options for The Blues are rather limited so a low scoring affair could be in the making, unless the players get a little rattled by the atmosphere. WARNING I'M A HOMER. Tough spot to be betting but hell i'm a Villa man, lol so i'm going to have a little fun with the ML, hehe. Up da Villa!
Bet: Aston Villa ML @ 2.50 $200 to win $300
Prediction:
Birmingham 1-2 Aston Villa
Goal Scorer: Birmingham, Olivier Kapo Aston Villa, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Gareth Barry

Can't believe I am saying this, but I like Spurs to beat Wigan today!

bleh not going to have time for write ups. But will make some brief comments

Bolton vs Middlesbrough
Bolton -0.5 @ 2.075 $300 to win $322.50
Think Bolton have picked it up again, inspiring draw vs Bayern Munchen. Manager Megson has put on a hard spirit in the team so i think they might actually get something here.

Man Utd vs Blackburn
NO BET
Rovers should not be heavily dogged considering how they have only 1 loss in the league and are considered the best team outside the top 4 clubs. Man Utd loss Wayne Rooney who had picked up a blistering form. Means Saha and Tevez will have to pick it up but i think Blackburn can be ambitious enough to get a draw here.

Tottenham vs Wigan
Tottenham -1.25 @ 1.775 $300 to win $232.50
Don't be fooled about Spurs 2-0 win midweek. It was clear to me that Spurs still need help on the defense. A team like Wigan could of scored against the Spurs with the chances Hapoel had. Nevertheless, Ramos is having a positive start, lets see if he can get his first premier league win, infront of the Lane faithful.

Portsmouth vs Manchester City (System Play)
Manchester City +0.5 @ 2.075 $300 to win $322.50
Not going into too much depth here, just a system play. See how it turns out.

Back