English Sunday Footy

Wikeman

A Winner in Life
Blimey, yesterday looked great on paper, but first Cottagers then Toons couldn't deliver, sod the buggers all of um!

(my English dialect never was much good, so I think I'll just let it go from here).:36_11_6:

Anyway, today it's time for the great Manchester derby.

The rivalry seems intensified because the share majority in City has recently been bought by billionaire former Thailand prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, meaning that a higher player budget can be expected. The high ambitions is also reflected in the hiring of former England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson.

City have had an optimal start on the season, two victories in two matches, first 2-0 away over Hammers, then 1-0 home over Derby.

United have had an unsatisfactory start, two draws against Reading and Portsmouth.

I think United will take the victory today. They can't allow City to gain the bragging rights, and fall further behind their championship rivals. City has Schmeichel on goal, not former United legend Peter, but his 20 y.o. son Kasper, who has kept a clean sheet so far in the season, despite low routine. I bet United will be eager to test him today.

Ronaldo and Rooney are out for United, but they still are the stronger team.

My play is United -0,25 @ -141 Pinnacle

I cover partly against the draw because of the injuries/absenses of United, and because derbys tend to draw.

Adding a play from the Danish PL

Randers +120 over FC Nordsjaelland

Randers is the shock surprise of the early season. Randers was unspectacular last season, ending below middle in the table, so it's like a cinderella dream that they are leading the Danish league after 5 matches with a 13-1 goal score.

The major change in the new season has been a new and extremely motivating coach Colin Todd, with previous experience from EPL actually.

I think they keep their train going with a win over FC Nordsjælland. The latter is not a bad side though, and they even beat Randers with tennis figures 6-1 in Randers' den late last season. I think that means Randers won't take this match lightly.

Last edited:
well i've had my arse kicked with Finnish Football but Denmark games seem to be a little bit more competitive and more interesting as well. I use to bet a lot back when Michael Laudrup was the coach for Brondby, after that not so much.

Unreal, a late equalizer from FCN while Randers seemed firmly in control.

and United looking to drop at least two points again today, even though they have had dozens of good chances.

Looked good for so long, but a 0-2 day.

still early days though, at this time Pool and CHelsea look like they are ready to go at it with Arsenal just lurking and doing their business. Utd will wake up and when they do i think they will just go on fire. Its a pity about Rooney but Ferguson has won games without key players.

Arsenal just lurking and doing their business.
Did you see Lehman ? He's perfect 2 out of 2 in this entire campaign. First with Fulham and then with Rovers.

Its a pity about Rooney but Ferguson has won games without key players.<!-- / message -->

Sir Alex bought offensive players with same characteristics. Speed, good dribling and ''light'' outside of the box. MU hasn't big body inside the box, like Peter Crouch or Drogba or even Bednter Arsenal's youngster.

Back